Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Am I missing something obvious, or does it just take a billion years to be able to level kingdoms past 11? There seems to be nearly nothing that generates deeds and the number of them that you need grows at an insane rate.

Also, Bombot is real and cool and my friend.:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
You’re not missing anything. Deeds are an intentionally limited resource (and don’t even get me started on books of deeds :suicide:). You can convert writs into colored deeds to upgrade kingdoms, but the prevailing wisdom is that this is a bad idea. The game seems to be limited even more by imperial deeds than colored deeds; if you blow a bunch of writs on colored deeds you may find yourself stuck later waiting on the even rarer imperials.

Just be patient, and the deeds will come. Keep checking the adventure board daily, look at the gem offers daily, and if you can bear to do arena you can get up to three additional offers every day for finishing arena runs.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Has anyone gone far enough in Puzzle Quest 3 to say if it's good or not? Might get back into GoW if not, have been missing a good phone distraction.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

CubicalSucrose posted:

Has anyone gone far enough in Puzzle Quest 3 to say if it's good or not? Might get back into GoW if not, have been missing a good phone distraction.

Is that game out?!?!?!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Ultimate Mango posted:

Is that game out?!?!?!

I guess so?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Not on iOS yet. Lame.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

CubicalSucrose posted:

I think it's still in open beta/early access on Android. I've played a little bit of it up to maybe a month ago, so I don't know what progress they've made lately. I have certainly not gone far enough to know what the end game looks like, so I am not qualified to answer the question.

The biggest change everybody needs to know is the game is no longer the one-swap-per-turn Bejeweled/Puzzle Quest/Gems of War style match-3 game, but the type of game that gives you a second or two to swap gems to make as many lines as you can and then it resolves style of match-3 gameplay you might see in other mobile games. I'm making that clear because I know somebody, somewhere on the internet, is going to have an entire poo poo-fit about how this is no longer the game they know.

I am still getting used to that style of game, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea. I don't know if they've said why they changed the gameplay, but leaving it the same as it always has been would only cannibalize harder on Gems of War, and I don't think that game is going anywhere for a while.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Isn’t that like what Pokémon Puzzle League or Tetris Attack did way back when? Been a long time since I played anything outside of the more traditional match 3

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

cage-free egghead posted:

Isn’t that like what Pokémon Puzzle League or Tetris Attack did way back when? Been a long time since I played anything outside of the more traditional match 3

These were my absolute jam when I was in high school and I would love to pick up an N64 nowadays solely to play Puzzle League again. Man those were great games.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Installed it last night. Took over 2 hours to update fully cause it kept losing connection even tough I'm next to my router. Loaded it up today at work and it failed to connect for a good hour. Now it connects but just loads to a black blank screen.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Any room in Gem Boiz?

DI5SCPL3_OWR7

edit: got it thanks!!

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 5, 2021

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Any room in Gem Boiz?

DI5SCPL3_OWR7

Yes. I’m sending you an invite link.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Have a throwback to when Boiz fought Blossums in a guild war event!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Night Danger Moose posted:

Have a throwback to when Boiz fought Blossums in a guild war event!

Now that is a blast from the past. What brought this image back to mind?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Grundulum posted:

Now that is a blast from the past. What brought this image back to mind?

I was looking for a specific (completely unrelated) picture in my imgur uploads and came across it. I thought it was wild how different the game looked. Have a couple more I still have for some reason.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
any room in Gem Blossums? COOLWHOAMI_KFRS

Thanks in advance!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Coolwhoami posted:

any room in Gem Blossums? COOLWHOAMI_KFRS

Thanks in advance!

I sent you an invite. Hopefully you can get in before the Monday lootsplosion.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Grundulum posted:

I sent you an invite. Hopefully you can get in before the Monday lootsplosion.

Looks like I got em but when I clicked accept it said “invite only” and closed the invite, very strange.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Coolwhoami posted:

Looks like I got em but when I clicked accept it said “invite only” and closed the invite, very strange.

There’s another way to open the invites, but I don’t remember what it is. One way is through the mail, and the other is through the Guild Menu? Either way, I am going to send another pair of invites. Hold tight.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Grundulum posted:

There’s another way to open the invites, but I don’t remember what it is. One way is through the mail, and the other is through the Guild Menu? Either way, I am going to send another pair of invites. Hold tight.

Accepting the new invite by just pulling up the guild in the guild menu worked, thanks!

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I'm gonna need y'all to get the next couple event rewards unlocked. I'm 30 diamonds away from making The Possessed King and I need that poo poo.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
There's a bug in the new build where the ai is getting double everything when speed is x4 or x3, may want to slow animation down until it's fixed. On difficult battles at least.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Soysaucebeast posted:

I'm gonna need y'all to get the next couple event rewards unlocked. I'm 30 diamonds away from making The Possessed King and I need that poo poo.

Do you have any shards? You can craft diamonds in the soulforge as well

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Or just clear 2 days of dungeons and you'll get 40 diamonds from the gem bounty

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

greazeball posted:

Do you have any shards? You can craft diamonds in the soulforge as well

I basically turn shards into diamonds as soon as I'm able. there's always a new mythic I need and I have the worst luck with gem/event keys, so I just keep grinding.

greazeball posted:

Or just clear 2 days of dungeons and you'll get 40 diamonds from the gem bounty

This I just found out about yesterday though. I do the daily dungeons every day, but I always thought the little 'offers' tab in the corner was to pay actual money for whatever mats. I didn't know I could spend gems to get diamonds, so that's probably what I'm going to do.

I was just having fun being excitable about being so close.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I want to reiterate how much I hate lycanthropy gems. For something that is supposed to be random, they are extremely good at sniping my linchpin units at the worst possible times. Even when I include cleanse options, they never seen to be available or trigger when I need them.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I did the new gnome-a-palooza thing today and goddamn that was a profitable 15 minutes. I got something like 50k souls, 400k gold, maybe 7 or 8 vault keys, 3 epic vault keys (never even got 1 before), and other assorted stuff.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

How does it start? I poked around and wouldn’t have known about it had I not taped on the patch notes of the update file.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
You kill each of the new gnomes, then soulforge their drops to make fifteen minutes of all gnome fights.
(Once you've made the first one you should be able to make more from the drops you get in the fifteen minutes.)
You want fast explore 1 battles, both for finding the new gnomes and then for maximum gnome killing. If you have two or three Ironhawks you can go extremely fast there, with one Ironhawk you can got very very fast and also farm class xp. With none, use a fairly fast rowaine team.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Tacet did a bit of a rundown on it. Here's his video with the explanation and some teams to use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-RQYjTWYA

And here's 15 minutes of him exploding gnomes showing all the loot you can get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYiC2OlgLek

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

bumping the thread so the new Gem Boiz and Girlz can use the handy tower map that Prefect made for us :kiss:

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

Can anyone tell me why my Alchemist troop consistently only gets 2 mana on black 3-gem matches?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Okua posted:

Can anyone tell me why my Alchemist troop consistently only gets 2 mana on black 3-gem matches?

A banner with -black?

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

Thranguy posted:

A banner with -black?

:doh: It was that simple all along. Thanks.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Gem Boiz has room for one more active body! Come join us.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Night Danger Moose posted:

Gem Boiz has room for one more active body! Come join us.

We all float down here.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just a heads up for the Boiz, I’ve been in the middle of a rainforest for the last 12 days but will get back to busting some gems next week. Sorry about that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kaddish posted:

Just a heads up for the Boiz, I’ve been in the middle of a rainforest for the last 12 days but will get back to busting some gems next week. Sorry about that.

There is, I have found, no page called "List of rainforests" in Wikipedia. :doom:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

prefect posted:

There is, I have found, no page called "List of rainforests" in Wikipedia. :doom:

On the slopes of the volcano Mauna Loa on big island Hawaii :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
Hello everybody, i was hoping to get an invite to any goon guild with an open spot. İ just hit level 53 and i think I'm starting to get a handle on building teams and stuff.

My code is Littlestbearofa_ZK4Q if anyone has space :)