Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bomrek posted:

Hello everybody, i was hoping to get an invite to any goon guild with an open spot.

Sent you an invite. Post here or in the Discord if you can’t get it to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

Grundulum posted:

Sent you an invite. Post here or in the Discord if you can’t get it to work.

I'm in, thank you!

Jems
Mar 23, 2005

Duckling, darling.
Already got into Gem Boiz - thanks a ton for the invite!

Jems fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 26, 2021

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Jems posted:

Hey all,

I am playing again quite a bit these days - any chance if getting a goon guild invite again? My guild is ok, but holy hell their lack of obsession with completing at least the gem tasks is driving me mad.

My invite code is:

TALANY_GDMT

Also, what is the discord for gems peoples? I can't seem to find the name of it.

I believe this is the discord link: https://discord.gg/qzns4Xk

I'm at work so I can't double check, but I skimmed the first few pages of the thread and that's what popped up

Jems
Mar 23, 2005

Duckling, darling.

Soysaucebeast posted:

I believe this is the discord link: https://discord.gg/qzns4Xk

Thanks, I did a search, but it didn't come up. Joined! It was the right one.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Invite sent to Jems, and now Gem Boiz is full again. Long may it last!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just posted in the discord looking for an invite. It seems the OP link to the pdf for noobies is broken. IS there an updated link somewhere? I think I kind of get the jist, but literally just downloaded this last night on the switch for the first time.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Gem Boiz has 2 open slots right now. Come join us before the task loot explosion tomorrow, we mostly don't suck (statement of not sucking is not implied as a guarantee).

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I'm interested. Lemonyloop_CAE8.

I'm assuming I need to leave the pub guild I'm in currently in order for the game to allow the invite?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Lemony posted:

I'm interested. Lemonyloop_CAE8.

I'm assuming I need to leave the pub guild I'm in currently in order for the game to allow the invite?

Correct. Post here once you have done that and we will get you into Gem Boiz.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Alright, jumped ship and am now a free agent. Was an okay group for a casual pub guild, but wouldn't mind a group that has more than like eight active members.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Two invites sent, because there are two ways to accept a guild invite and one of them doesn’t seem to work all the time.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Okay, so I quit for like two years, and just started playing a bit again. Is there any website or forum that's good to get suggestions for teams for events, or just Guild discord servers?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

onefish posted:

Okay, so I quit for like two years, and just started playing a bit again. Is there any website or forum that's good to get suggestions for teams for events, or just Guild discord servers?

There are some, but I don’t know them. I can say that Gem Boiz has an open slot if you want back in. Get an invite, join the guild, and we can discuss what troops/weapons you have and what teams are available to you.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Tower of Doom this week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1boMOiIEUE5DTUVbaUUm_Xmt0c0a_ZKgE-ELovBneTMM/edit#gid=2062341622

prefect fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Oct 18, 2021

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Is there just the one goon guild now? Coming back to the game after years, fortunately I still have my reasonably mid account

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Yup, just the one guild. Post your invite code and someone will send you an invite. When did you last play? Just curious how much new stuff you’re getting ready to experience.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

PATWARE_FOUN

like two years ago, but technically i started playing on the switch on a whim for about a month and went 'what the gently caress am i doing'

unfortunately i only realized my foolishness after i'd pulled a Pharos-Ra, which i don't have on my real account yet

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Invite sent. Since there’s clearly plenty of new content for you to engage with, fire away with any questions. Here in this thread or in Discord is my preference—the in-game chat system is so irritating to use on my phone.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Switched to mobile from switch, can i get an invite to the guild: azhmira_7wfy

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

fyallm posted:

Switched to mobile from switch, can i get an invite to the guild: azhmira_7wfy

Invite sent.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
There are currently 3-4 open spots in Gem Boiz if anyone is still active in Blossums and wants to come over.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

We would get back to doing all the event tiers if we could fill up the guild.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
been a while for me, but I'd rejoin: diapermeat_wfkc

Thanks!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

diapermeat posted:

been a while for me, but I'd rejoin: diapermeat_wfkc

Thanks!

Invite sent. If anyone else wants to get back on the wagon, let us know!

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I'd jump in if that's ok!

Schurik_PEJA

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Schurik posted:

I'd jump in if that's ok!

Schurik_PEJA

Tried to invite but says you don't exist, double check your invite code!

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Night Danger Moose posted:

Tried to invite but says you don't exist, double check your invite code!

Ahh, you're right, it's Schuryk_PEJA

Should work now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
New Tower of Doom page added: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1boMOiIEUE5DTUVbaUUm_Xmt0c0a_ZKgE-ELovBneTMM/edit#gid=1716955795

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

If anyone tries to get into the guild and there's no more room, feel free to kick me. I realized that I used to play 90% of the time at work on lunch, but I swapped jobs and now I have no wifi to play on. I had been not playing as much lately anyway, but I think that's the final nail in the coffin for me. I may play a bit here and there at home, but it won't be much at all, I think.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
We've got 3 empty spots in Boiz! Come match and explode gems with us while we play instead of working or spending time with our families!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

What's a good way to farm gold? Some of the Boiz guild members are dropping 1 million+ gold a week on guild tasks (thank you!) and I don't come close to making that much. I've got all my kingdoms up to lvl 10 and am working through updating delve hoards or completing guild tasks whenever I have spare gold to do so.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Doing explore is a good way to build gold. The battles are either quick with a decent gold multiplier or they are tougher with an excellent gold multiplier. (This also gets you the medals you will eventually want for upgrading troops.) So is collecting tributes regularly—the game was bugged as of the last time I checked, and kingdoms trigger more often than the game says they should. This disparity gets worse the more advanced your kingdoms get; I occasionally saw tributes with 30 out of 34 kingdoms triggering, which should virtually never happen even with a 40% chance individually.

Another good way to collect lots of gold is to farm casual PVP. The reroll fee is a pittance by the time you have all your kingdoms at level 10, so you can reroll a few times and choose the opposing teams you like most. Often this will be the leftmost battle since those are easier, but if you are offered a cupcake team in slots 2 or 3 you may as well take it for the increased gold. And casual PVP still gives a chance for Pet Gnomes, which are a boon for the entire guild.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

We've got 3 empty spots in Boiz! Come match and explode gems with us while we play instead of working or spending time with our families!

I’ve been playing quite a lot lately and wouldn’t mind joining. What do I need to do?

Another question, I’ve seen that most of the line-ups in the OP doesn’t have include the hero. Is that because of a lack of synergy or? Because otherwise the hero seems to do loads of damage and be quite sturdy.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Star posted:

I’ve been playing quite a lot lately and wouldn’t mind joining. What do I need to do?

Another question, I’ve seen that most of the line-ups in the OP doesn’t have include the hero. Is that because of a lack of synergy or? Because otherwise the hero seems to do loads of damage and be quite sturdy.

Post your playerid so someone can invite you.

Were hero's always a thing? They may have been introduced after those team comps were posted. They've certainly gotten more powerful than they used to be.

Most of those teams are targeted at players who have started recently. My hero didn't start becoming useful until I'd been playing for awhile.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

LLSix posted:

Post your playerid so someone can invite you.

Were hero's always a thing? They may have been introduced after those team comps were posted. They've certainly gotten more powerful than they used to be.

Most of those teams are targeted at players who have started recently. My hero didn't start becoming useful until I'd been playing for awhile.

My id is DREW_LUW7.

Ah ok. That might explain it.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Guild invite sent!

Edit: I just looked at my post and I've now been a goon for over 18 years. Holy poo poo.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Guild invite sent!

Edit: I just looked at my post and I've now been a goon for over 18 years. Holy poo poo.

We old

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I played this game a bit back in like 2015 or something and now I'm playing it again for some reason.
"WARFARIN_MBBM", if a guild has an open slot. If I burn out on this again I'll leave to free up the spot.

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I played this game a bit back in like 2015 or something and now I'm playing it again for some reason.
"WARFARIN_MBBM", if a guild has an open slot. If I burn out on this again I'll leave to free up the spot.

Invite sent!

Man it's sad to see the Zzz beside Grund's name.