Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilcrap
Jun 23, 2004
Go hard, Go fast
Hey folks would love an invite to a goon run guild if any invites left. Have been kicking around a few pubby guilds and they’re useless don’t talk and very unhelpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
There's room in Boiz, just post your invite code and I'll get you in.

Wilcrap
Jun 23, 2004
Go hard, Go fast
Ok amazing thanks. Invite code below.
WILCRUNK_GSLH

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Wilcrap posted:

Ok amazing thanks. Invite code below.
WILCRUNK_GSLH

Double check your invite code, game says it doesn't exist.

Wilcrap
Jun 23, 2004
Go hard, Go fast
Ok invite code is correct but I just realized theres no cross play - I’m a PS player.. Will look again if there’s any console guilds. Thanks again

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!
Am I stupid or are skills that create gems randomly just a suicide button? It feels like more often than not, using one just sets up a good chain of extra turns for the AI instead.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Also I just unlocked guilds.
JACKTRADES_4XNE

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Jack Trades posted:

Am I stupid or are skills that create gems randomly just a suicide button? It feels like more often than not, using one just sets up a good chain of extra turns for the AI instead.

Oh, you sweet summer child. :allears:

Midgame begins (imo) when you get Queen Beetrix, who is pretty much the best troop in the game. To get there, make sure you do all world quests as soon as you can, so that you can eventually unlock delves aka underworld aka factions. After the first faction, go and unlock City of Thieves (for farming) and especially The Deep Hive where Beetrix is from

Random videos of Beetrix in action (old ones for some reason, but it hasn't changed):
Beetrix & Venoxia
Beetrix & Gobtruffle

Sum: gem creation is the best thing ever, however it kinda depends on how many you create and what else is going on

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
I did some Trials and first two were no problem but I just can't win on the third Trial.
Do I need to git gud or are there any stays that affect the Trial teams?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

finish the kingdom quests and level up your kingdoms to get the bonuses and then you should be fine for the first few levels of trials, depending on what troops you have

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation

Mx. posted:

finish the kingdom quests and level up your kingdoms to get the bonuses and then you should be fine for the first few levels of trials, depending on what troops you have

How do my troops affect the Trials? I just get pre-made teams.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

oh have a play around making new teams with different troops and see which ones you like, you can build some really overpowered teams like jaete said

i like to run dark maiden / beetrix / glitterclaw with whatever weapon i feel like on elementalist class and it locks down opponents in a terribly unfair way lol

e: in my experience the first legendary troop you get will make the core of your team while you're first starting out, then you build your team around dudes who work well with them. i started with Magnus who was a nice all-hit all-status effect dude but i never use him anymore.
goblins are pretty fun for new players cuz they give you extra turns too

Mx. fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 31, 2023

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

How do my troops affect the Trials? I just get pre-made teams.

Yeah the new trials are crap, try and avoid them unless it's essential. Like Mx. said, focus on the kingdom quests and get more stuff unlocked.

Trials are an extra waste of time becuase you don't have your own character in the team so you don't gain XP in any class, which is a pretty big part of getting the early game going.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

ohhhh i havent played new trials, i completed the old trials to level kingdoms and never touched them again lol

e: checked out new trials wtf that sucks
yeah ignore those and level your kingdoms, at least the bonuses will make the trials easier if you decide to do them later

Mx. fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 31, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Weapons seem...bad?
All the weapons I have got lovely spells and I much rather have 4 troops.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

You need to use a weapon to get XP to level your character and the classes but there are a lot of pretty mediocre weapons. Mang will be one of the first good ones you unlock (by choosing brown and red gem masteries when your character levels up). Mang steals an enemy's armour and converts it to attack. This basically means that once you steal 2 armours you can one hit kill the last 2 enemies. It's a game changer and you'll really start hitting hard. Combine it with the Rock Solid talent at level 40 in the Titan class and a troop that makes skulls and you'll go far.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Mountain Crusher, which unlocks at Earth Mastery 30, is another very solid option, especially with that same Rock Solid talent. Exploding gems gets you all kinds of mana very quickly and Mountain Crusher explodes a lot of them

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Jack Trades posted:

I did some Trials and first two were no problem but I just can't win on the third Trial.
Do I need to git gud or are there any stays that affect the Trial teams?

all right i've been doing epic trials this week for the pets and now i can come back and say how you get better trial teams

and that's level your kingdom for the troop bonuses, that makes the hugest difference.
you can also level and trait the troops individually since they take fro the stats you raised them to. but in order to beat the really high level trials you HAVE to have a levelled kingdom

epic trials loving suck holy poo poo

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Tower of Doom spreadsheet is refreshed and ready to go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1boMOiIEUE5DTUVbaUUm_Xmt0c0a_ZKgE-ELovBneTMM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

tower of doom weapon is real nice

Mx. fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 11, 2023

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Returning after a long break

LEGOMAN_JP9S

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
A good gold farming deck I built long ago. Are there any recent additions that would be a better than the second Cedric?

Cedric x 2
+10 Skeleton Key
Egg Thief

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

LegoMan posted:

A good gold farming deck I built long ago. Are there any recent additions that would be a better than the second Cedric?

Cedric x 2
+10 Skeleton Key
Egg Thief

Mid-level player here, I've never actually used these teams (not sure how useful gold farming is), but wrote them down anyway:

- Cedric, Egg Thief, Skeleton Key (any class), Greed - Maze banner
- Greed, Bronzelock Pistol (any class), Zuul'Goth, Cedric
- Cedric, Greed, Bronzelock Pistol (any class), Egg Dragon (diamond/sapphire/garnet)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

LegoMan posted:

Cedric x 2
+10 Skeleton Key
Egg Thief

That's still one of the best gold farming teams tbh. 2 Cedrics is typical build. You can sub one for greed if you want but that's a matter of preference

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

LegoMan posted:

Returning after a long break

LEGOMAN_JP9S

Invite sent!

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Mx. posted:

That's still one of the best gold farming teams tbh. 2 Cedrics is typical build. You can sub one for greed if you want but that's a matter of preference

I have both, but Cedric means more money, and all Greed does is get you going a little faster.

I did see one using Greed and some dragon that does a shitload of damage to the entire team but lol at me having that

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

jaete posted:

Mid-level player here, I've never actually used these teams (not sure how useful gold farming is), but wrote them down anyway:

- Cedric, Egg Thief, Skeleton Key (any class), Greed - Maze banner
- Greed, Bronzelock Pistol (any class), Zuul'Goth, Cedric
- Cedric, Greed, Bronzelock Pistol (any class), Egg Dragon (diamond/sapphire/garnet)

I'll have to try these out. I'm using Thief because it fits the theme, but ELementalist seems to be the hotness for builds I've looked up

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

new update has super tiny font why would they do this to me

here's tips on the newly-released underspire from one of the beta testers:

usually this event will run for the whole week but since it's released mid-week you should expect to not be able to finish it this week

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

more underspire details:

quote:

You get 49 free torches 🔥 a week (7 per day) + 1 Lantern 🎃
2nd room is always 1st Merchant 💰 (get free Lantern 🎃 here!)
Ignore dead ends if it isnt a Boss Dragon 🐲
Keystones are only available from their adjacent Boss Dragon 🐲 or from their adjacent Merchant 💰
Keystones are always 7 rooms behind the prior Keystone/Starting Room
Following Keystones and Boss Dragons 🐲 are always behind the prior Keystone. So no need to search for something in the prior "area"
Shortest amount of rooms to get to the next Keystone + Dragon: 11-13. Means at least 66-78 battles to get to Diamantina (7th Boss)
Using the Lantern doubles the rewards on the Boss Dragons 🐲 too!!!
Usually you dont wanna buy Keystones from Merchant 💰 except maybe for the 3rd coz the rewards of the Boss are bad
Loosin a battle costs you a torch, but you can try it again

Careful:
It seems Underspire is coded that way, that you have to run into several dead ends, before you can find the Boss

Rewards known so far:
Use Lanterns 🎃 only on Bosses to double their rewards

Each gives 20 jewels of their color
1st Boss (Garnetarlin): 100 Writs + 1 Lesser Orb of Glory
2nd Boss (Emeraldrin): 1 Imperial Deed + 1 Epic VKey
3rd Boss (Sapphirax): 3 Gemkeys + 1 Lesser Orb of Wisdom (worst reward so far)
4th Boss (Amethialas): 1 Epic VKey + 1 Medium Orb of Glory
5th Boss (Topasarth): 10 Cursed Runes + 1 Minor Orb of Ascension
6th Boss (Rubirath): 1 Minor Orb of Chaos + 1 Major Orb of Glory
7th Boss (Diamantina): 50 Dragonite + 1 Minor Orb of Minions (appears immediately after the 6th Boss)

General notes:

Shortest path requires 66-78 battles
20x20 grid = 400 squares
-1 Starting room
-1 merchant for each "area"

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
It's vault weekend again, like it was just 3 weeks ago. :toot: So,

jaete posted:

1. When vault weekend, use the verses to create gnome-a-paloozas, which is 15 min of Explore 1 and gives you (the usual stuff and) extra vault keys, since it's vault weekend
2. When no longer vault weekend, use these vault keys (set it to hard) and collect goodies
3. When vault weekend, also maybe run Explore 1 without a gnome-a-palooza because you'll get a bit more verses than usual

Last time I wrote down how many things I was getting. Did 5 gnome-a-paloozas, got 105 vault keys and 2 epic vault keys, which is 21 keys on average. Of these 18 keys were extra rewards from the vault weekend, so about +20%. However the percentage will go down if you do more than 5 GAPs since the extra reward has diminishing returns.

Also made 310k gold total (62k per GAP), 142k souls (28k per GAP), 33k glory (6.6k per GAP). This is all in Explore 1 with a fast Rowanne team, with an average of 55 or 56 victories per GAP.

The official info on Vaults is actually pretty useful.

Using the vault keys gets you silly amounts of stuff, including orbs, keys and diamonds. I finally crafted my Zuul'Goth a while ago. :toot:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

I love vault weekend. Extra gnomes in adventure board explore, and PvP

Here's some odds for gnomes on explore:

About a 1 in 8 chance of getting a gnome in battle. It's a fun weekend.

Personally I save my gnome-a-paloozas for after the gnome weekend and always use them on PvP because PvP has pet gnomes for pet rescue and I'm pet locked on so many dang kingdoms atm. I use them after gnome weekend since my guild is big it's back-to-back pet rescues gnome weekend anyway.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
The devs are pretty generous this week. There was some issue this past weekend, and they sent out 1200 gems as compensation.
Be sure to log in this week before it expires.

Recycled Karma
Jul 16, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Updated Tower of Doom spreadsheet for the week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1boMOiIEUE5DTUVbaUUm_Xmt0c0a_ZKgE-ELovBneTMM/edit?usp=sharing

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

New doomed weapon gives double points in the tower so make sure to use it!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Here's some hints from discord about underspire:
(appear to be true but not a guarantee):
Keystones always 7 spaces apart
Path between Keystones tend to be the route with the highest level battles
Boss rooms (almost) always 6 spaces off main path
Boss path never has a junction on space 3 and 4
If merchant is on tile 5 from main path, boss is on same branch following a different junction

explanatory diagram:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Mx. posted:

Here's some hints from discord about underspire:

This is good info, which discord are you getting it from?

That Chalcedony team is really good for the Tower of Doom (Geomancer / Tower weapon for double score, Chalcedony x2, Ironhawk), I'm contributing to the spreadsheet for the first time. Figured my gem income is high enough so I bought the 1-6 pack, helps a bit.

Question: after clearing a room, how do I see what scroll it gave? Closed the summary just now and I missed it. Monday. :pseudo:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

I somehow am in a very serious guild and get my stuff from their discord. Dunno where they get it from since it apparently came from some other discord first lol

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Could I get an invite, please?

KABAH_XOCW

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
I think only the guild leader can invite Nate

Mx. posted:

I somehow am in a very serious guild and get my stuff from their discord. Dunno where they get it from since it apparently came from some other discord first lol

Yeah I love our silly goon guild, but we seem to have around 13-16 active players each week, which is a bit suboptimal with guilds designed for 30. Many weeks we don't quite get the normal guild tasks done, I'm pretty active and seem to earn around 2 million gold per week or a bit more in normal play, but that's not enough to do the tasks (and I need a lot of it to level up treasure hoards and sometimes kingdoms).

Should look into finding a more ~hardcore~ guild I guess, would need to be some combination of guild wars optional, events optional but usually done and guild tasks always done. Wonder if I need to submit a gamer CV or whatever the heck the process usually is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Nate405 posted:

Could I get an invite, please?

KABAH_XOCW

Invite sent!

jaete posted:

I think only the guild leader can invite Nate

Yeah I love our silly goon guild, but we seem to have around 13-16 active players each week, which is a bit suboptimal with guilds designed for 30. Many weeks we don't quite get the normal guild tasks done, I'm pretty active and seem to earn around 2 million gold per week or a bit more in normal play, but that's not enough to do the tasks (and I need a lot of it to level up treasure hoards and sometimes kingdoms).

Should look into finding a more ~hardcore~ guild I guess, would need to be some combination of guild wars optional, events optional but usually done and guild tasks always done. Wonder if I need to submit a gamer CV or whatever the heck the process usually is

I will never get on people who want to leave Boiz for an actual serious guild. The goon guild is just a halfway house for those who are figuring out what they want with the game. Some move on to more serious business guilds, others forget about the game, and a few of us are lifers in it. I probably could've gone to a serious guild years ago but I never want the game to start feeling like a job. I'll never have concrete guild requirements other than be a member of this dead gay comedy forum, and more power to those who want more out of the game.