Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Activating dismemberments and lightsaber color swaps took Jedi Knight II single player from very good to excellent, and sometimes meant Luke Skywalker lost limbs during cutscenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ICARUS FIGHTS
MEDUSA ANGELS

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Activating dismemberments and lightsaber color swaps took Jedi Knight II single player from very good to excellent, and sometimes meant Luke Skywalker lost limbs during cutscenes

I wish that game wasn't removed from star wars canon, I want a movie with a loving lizard man as the villain.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

R.L. Stine posted:

i know the actual nude tomb raider cheat code but, i, legally, cannot show anyone on earth.

prove it

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

That dinosaur game that came with the toilet seat ibook would give you all weapons a shield and jetpack fuel if you jumped high enough from a high place. The game set off my agoraphobia so I used the cheat yo explore without fear

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

TheMostFrench posted:

I have never actually played Turok 2 legit, just started the game with cheats and blew guys up or set them on fire. I can't imagine what that game must be like to play properly.

Games like Warframe remind me of old school cheating, because you have characters that (by design) can kill entire levels with one button, but you have to play long enough to get the bits to make it work.

I was the same way with both Turoks when I was a kid, or any game that had cheats really. I recently got both on steam and actually played them. It was fun but dammit if it wasn't hard fight the impulse to cheat when I got stuck on a difficult part.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Luke: May the force be with you, Kyle.
Kyle: Yeah, you too, Luke.
Kyle: It's Luke! Desann!
Desann: Save your strength, fool!
Luke: *limbs chopped off during cutscene*
Desann: Save your strength, fool!

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

The first two are Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Baldur's Gate.

Specifically base HOMM3. The expansions had different sets of codes. The base version had Monty Python themed codes, Armageddons Blade had Star Wars and Shadow of Death had The Matrix.

Idkfa causes you to lose all weapons/ammo/keys and iddqd kills you in Heretic

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RossMan4Life posted:

I always liked how you entered Abracadabra on the Genesis Aladdin using the d pad and a, b, & c buttons. SNES Aladdin was kinda lovely in comparison, which is possibly the only game that's true for.

There is a Chinese pirate version of Aladdin for the NES that has the most impressive graphics I have ever seen in an NES title.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

That dinosaur game that came with the toilet seat ibook

the gently caress you talking about?

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The SNES Alladin is perfectly fine and playable if not a little too easy overall. The genesis has more interesting levels but also waaaaaay more jank.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

IBETYOUCANTPRINTCUNT still makes me smile.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Mech Warrior 2 Mercenaries had some good ones:

superfunkicalifragisexy
iseenfireandiseenrain
ooohhhlllaaalllaaa
crazysexycool
walkthisway

I remembered all of that off the top of my head. I played that game way too much when I was young

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Show me the moneyyyyyy!
Power... OVERWHELMING!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

gary oldmans diary posted:

they were just trying to remember famous people and were pretty low on the list by then

Laugh now, but you just try becoming emperor of China without a badass flag

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

ENGAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER FUCKER

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
I GIVE UP

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Grudgerm posted:

I GIVE UP

HELP ME is the only way to play CV III. :colbert:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Typing swears in Sim City 2000

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Twelve Batmans posted:

The SNES Alladin is perfectly fine and playable if not a little too easy overall. The genesis has more interesting levels but also waaaaaay more jank.

Genesis Aladdin gets a sword. A loving sword! Defending the SNES version is inexcusable

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

great big cardboard tube posted:

Genesis Aladdin gets a sword. A loving sword! Defending the SNES version is inexcusable

Any schmuck can kill a guy with a sword, but to kill someone with apples that's worth remembering.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 14, 2019

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPpiFGIzOyw

The Bible
May 8, 2010

My friend had a console that let him play NES, SNES and Genesis games on the same system but when I came over to see it he had lost it. :(

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

This is what's really happening in Japan at the moment.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Bible posted:

My friend had a console that let him play NES, SNES and Genesis games on the same system but when I came over to see it he had lost it. :(

That's too bad, but they're pretty cheap these days now that the nes/snes/genesis/game boy/game gear system is out, maybe you can get him a replacement.

https://www.ebay.ca/i/283287495960

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

great big cardboard tube posted:

Yeah it's so much more fun to get into weird slapfights with guards who have hosed up hitboxes -crouching and swiping wildly a their ankles- than it is being able to beat entire stages without touching the ground if your platforming is good enough.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

I had this when I was a kid, gotta love that janky cover art.
I was pissed because I carefully read the menu and tried to only use codes to get special items, and maybe a couple hundred thousand bells? I didn't want to take away any challenge from the game.
But either it glitched or I did something wrong because it just immediately gave me maxxed out money, all loans paid, and museum full. I was so disappointed initially but then I just went ham and had fun ruining the game.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

no pubes yet sorry posted:

blood was abacabb

I never understood why anybody used the blood code when the debug menu had blood and also way more poo poo and was easier to remember and you didn't have to wait for a special screen to do it

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Ctrl+K to level select in Chip's Challenge

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ctrl+K to level select in Chip's Challenge

And for the cool kids, Ctrl+X skips the old person questions at the start of Leisure Suit Larry

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I used to go into the Civ IV game files and change the odds of global warming to astronomical. gently caress that noise.

Kazanski
Apr 19, 2005
A bad enough dude...

Snow Cone Capone posted:

IDFA instead of IDKFA if you still want to roam the whole level murdering everything

I remember accidentally discovering this by mistyping IDKFA. I always found it perplexing. "Yes, give me all of the weapons with full ammo, probably right after I typed IDDQD. But don't give me the keys, that would be cheating." Even if you don't want them for some weird reason, it seems unnecessary -- just don't open the locked doors if you don't want to?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The locked doors are required to complete the level though?

That's why I said what I said - you still need to explore and find the keys to finish the level, you just get to go on a crazy murder spree as you do

Kazanski
Apr 19, 2005
A bad enough dude...

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The locked doors are required to complete the level though?

That's why I said what I said - you still need to explore and find the keys to finish the level, you just get to go on a crazy murder spree as you do

Yeah I meant that you could self-impose a "don't open doors until you find the key" rule if you were that worried about it. I think the way it's set up just seems weird because IDFA becomes more about what it doesn't give you than what it does -- the letters being a culled version of IDKFA seems to say, "give me all of the stuff that other cheat codes gives me, minus this one thing that I don't even have to use if I don't want to, but am very concerned about not getting". :question: It comes off as a denial of keys rather than an acceptance of ammo. Having one code that gives you weapons/ammo only and one that gives keys only would make more sense. Then you could combine as you see fit and avoid implicit phobias. Maybe I'm over analyzing.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Kazanski posted:

Maybe I'm over analyzing.

:hmmyes:

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
It’s so you can explore the level in the right order like a maze without having to be challenged by the combat.

Jesus Christ.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Why don't speedrunners just put in cheat codes?

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011
My friend's let me introduce you to the holy grail of offensive cheat codes;
:nws: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/cheats.php?id=55

Rather tame example;
SALMAN RUSHDIE PLAYS ALIEN BREED - Makes player invisible

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SeXReX posted:

Why don't speedrunners just put in cheat codes?

If glitches are allowed than cheat codes should be too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

my cousin and I somehow put a button combination to give us infinite lives (only one player) on the snes version of a spiderman game (almost certain it was Maximum Carnage.) Only way we could beat it. I remember I(player 2) died quickly but he never ran out of lives. It was the only way we could beat it but we couldn't replicate it. Even now I can't find it on a google search. Did we somehow stumble upon an undiscovered code??? or is my memory failing me