Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
This article is a few years old, but I still think it's hilarious:

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/mandarin/en/article/2016/04/21/china-warns-women-foreign-spies-comic-titled-dangerous-love

quote:

China is warning its female government workers not to be taken in by smooth foreigners promising the earth, but who may have a secret agenda.

China is marking National Security Education Day with a poster warning young female government workers about dating handsome foreigners, who could turn out to have secret agendas.

Titled 'Dangerous Love', the 16-panel, comic book-like poster tells the story of an attractive young Chinese civil servant nicknamed Xiao Li, or Little Li, who meets a red-headed foreign man at a dinner party and starts a relationship.

The man, David, claims to be a visiting scholar, but he actually is a foreign spy who butters Xiao Li up with compliments on her beauty, bouquets of roses, fancy dinners and romantic walks in the park.

After Xiao Li provides David with secret internal documents from her job at a government propaganda office, the two are arrested. In one of the poster's final panels, Xiao Li is shown sitting handcuffed before two policemen, who tell her that she has a "shallow understanding of secrecy for a state employee."

So what does their art look like? Well check out poor Xiao Li falling for David's evil foreign government lies:

Wow! That's really good! For a child! In Kindergarten! Who has brain damage!

I figured you guys could do a bit better (MAYBE I'M WRONG; I CAN'T READ SIMPLIFIED CHINESE), so I grabbed the images and erased the text. Please, create your own exciting adventures of love and passion, David in China.

Hello it is nice to be back, I love you all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
hey bud

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Good to see you Lowtax.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
This was a constant annoyance when I was working in China

Actual police procedure

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Blistex posted:

Actual police procedure

"Your child was hit by a black Audi with tinted windows. He's dead and you must pay for damages to the vehicle."

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Is this comic strip really Chinese? There's a severe lack of pandas.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Shifty gimbal posted:

Is this comic strip really Chinese? There's a severe lack of pandas.
And dudes pulling up their shirts to rub their bellies while leaning back in a chair after eating.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
When you take away the Chinese script I have no idea that any of them are Asian until the two cops that are like 5'2" walk in.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Lowtax posted:

"Your child was hit by a black Audi with tinted windows. He's dead and you must pay for damages to the vehicle."

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Red card, you're outta there!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:doom:

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

That was the first thing that I noticed. Guy is named David, and his nose is right out of 1930s Nazi propaganda. For a brief second I was questioning "Could the Chinese government be racist against Jews?" Then I remembered, "No, you silly goose. The Chinese government is racist against all foreigners."

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm on my phone at work.. but loss is right there for the taking

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
never seen a chinese woman with brown hair before

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LordArgh posted:

never seen a chinese woman with brown hair before

you are not chinese you would not understand

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 11, 2019

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ded posted:

you are not chinese you would not understand

For a while (~2008-10) nearly every woman in China had a really lovely reddish-brown dye job.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Blistex posted:

For a while (~2008-10) nearly every woman in China had a really lovely reddish-brown dye job.

I think I've heard about this. Was it because of some movie?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:five:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lmao

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

edit:

edit 2:

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

:newlol:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Holy poo poo, this is amazing.

E: I mean Seinfeld.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

lol