Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I might get Subway. Or make a sandwich with packaged honey ham. But I'm tired after being awake for 3 hours so I might have to sleep a little. I usually have my "lunch" around 7-8pm. No breakfast, and then shove my face with cottage cheese or something at night and that's my "dinner."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

macdonal hamborkles posted:

Is andouille something different to yanks because the French stuff is literally tripe in a sausage shape and loving sucks balls?

Nah it's just a pork sausage with spices and is really big in Louisiana.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
numberoneposter got me onto the BMT. I used to get either a spicy italian or a chicken breast sub. But the BMT is like a spicy italian but with ham.

Although he gets the BMT with also the cold cuts combo on top. That's a lot of meat.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

I'M HAVING BRAUNSCHWEIGER ON TOAST WITH MUSTARD AND PICKLES FOR BREAKFAST DON'T TRY TO STOP ME YOU MOTHERFUCKERS OR I WILL END YOU

When I was a kid the woman who babysat me would sometimes feed me Braunschweiger. I hated it.

But then again, I'm not a little bitch and ate it anyway without complaining.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

1.49 hot dog with FREE soda AND refill

:hai:

I'm having about a quarter of a 28oz gatorade. Livin' the dream.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Al pastor burrito. It was good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's in Kenosha. Los Taquitos. We have some decent Mexican food here.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

as a burrito connoisseur i approve of this

:hai:

I was waiting for your approval. or your disapproval :ohdear:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Green Bay also has several, and I do mean SEVERAL authentic, great Mexican places.
People will read "Kenosha? ...loving Green Bay?...MEXICAN food?!" and start laughing but it is absolutely legit.

Tacos Burritos Mexico in downtown GB even used to support my game day habit of their off the menu mexican style burrito suizo con lengua.
You know the place is legit when the counter is plexi-glass faced and posted with pictures of fighting roosters.

e: also when the guy behind the counter recognizes you and starts laughing at you as "that white boy who wants his lengua again" to the cooks and you can tell him to shut the gently caress up and he just laughs and they all wave whatever utensils they have at you. I miss that place. They have a few locations now actually, but the first one, on Main St. was a god drat classic.

Yeah it's pretty strange. You wouldn't think Wisconsin has any(thing at all) good Mexican food but :shrug:. My ex-in-laws were really into Mexican food and basically whenever we went out it was at a Mexican place.

The place by me has lengua and tripe but I'm afraid to try them. I mean, yeah I've never had either of them before so there's that, but also this is a pretty white area and I don't know what the turnover is on that stuff so I don't know how "fresh" it is.

One day I'll do it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Miller Lite.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I might try some sardines on crackers with mustard. Getting adventurous. I've had sardines with avocado on toast before and it was good. Wanna try to get more 'dines in me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

make fishermans eggs

I'd love to have those sometime. I don't have the ingredients right now, I'm lazy, and it's loving cold out. Might not leave my house today.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a Campbell's creamy chicken soup on the go.

:smithicide:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

im gonna bbq some chicken breasts tonight to make premade lunches for tomorrow and friday :)

Are you going to BBQ them? Are you really?

Or are you going to grill them? :colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

i might sous vide them actually

You're missing my unnecessarily pedantic point. A grill is not a BBQ. BBQ is mostly, but not always, a verb. It is a long and slow roasting/smoking process.

Don't forget it...... binch.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a coupon for Cousin's Subs. Two 7.5 inch subs for $8.

hmmm....

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Pro tip: all of that stuff is dumb and just a way to limit calories. Just like every single fad diet. You body doesn't care what time you get calories. Everyone does IF at night when they sleep. I IF all the time. Like numerous days a week. Like today! No breakfast, won't eat lunch for a few hours! My body doesn't care.

Anyway.

I'm going to have a 2 day old other half of my italian sub that I had 2 days ago. Probably later. At night.

That's my lunch.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 11, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wendy's. I wanted to try their baconator fries. Not impressed.

Although I got my first regular soda in a while. I only drink diet. Lemon coke is the poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Grocery store sushi from Meijer.

$4.99 Wednesdays.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/1096643061206126593

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

King of Bees posted:

Had some pho today and having poke later! See ya!

I'll help you with that poke later if you know what I mean. :pervert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A handful of medications and some water.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gatts posted:

Peanut butter sandwich, strawberry cream cheese crossiant, chocolate pudding, and a Pepsi

The exact same school lunch I had every single loving day for 10 years as a child

Do you have diabetes?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had 7 different types of soup for lunch.

It was a tasting where we judge them. Went with my dad. It was cool but I'm full as poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I bought two Cousin's subs yesterday. I had one last night and I'll eat one tonight at maybe 2am for my breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Nothing for lunch today again. Probably leftover pizza at some point.

I love sandwiches but mine are really bad so I like getting them other places. I use some italian bread, preservative filled turkey or sometimes ham not even from the deli but the plastic container, cheese which is generally sharp cheddar, provolone, pepperjack, or muenster, sliced Clausen (never cooked!) pickles, mayo and local Wisconsin Düsseldorf mustard. There probably should have been a semi-colon in there somewhere but I'm not the best at using those. Only in obvious cases. Ah well.

No lettuce or tomatoes because that would involve keeping perishable items on hand.

Someday I'll up my sandwich game. The sandwich is probably my favorite type of meal. As in the most common that I'll eat. I mean if I could eat steamed mussels in a white wine cream sauce and toasted garlic bread I'd do that. But sandwiches are cool.

edit: try out Koops mustard if you see it at the grocery store. It's made just a few miles from me. They have a bunch of good stuff and it's really cheap (especially here I'd imagine). They have all of your standard mustards but the Düsseldorf is great. I've never heard of it before until my parents got it one time. It's just all of your standard mustard ingredients. It has a hint of spice, basically just mustard spiciness, but even though there isn't any in it I taste an undertone of horseradish. It's nice and my go to mustard.

Wisconsin makes really good mustard. WI is Little Germany.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 25, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My friend wants to switch things up. Instead of going to a bar we're going to the Super China Buffet.

I haven't been to a buffet in 10 years or so. This should be interesting.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

2 mcdoubles and a jr chicken saving the other jr chicken for later

That's a McGangbang.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'll probably go to Cousin's again and get the chicken cheddar deluxe that I'll eat at 4am.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^ That looks great.

I bought 2 15" subs yesterday. Figured I'd eat a whole one yesterday but just had one half. Now I have 3 halves left and hopefully I eat a whole one today. Not sure how long those will last.

Got my chicken cheddar deluxe and a capicola and genoa.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tom Gorman posted:

today I had 2 Hot & Tangy Turkey Smackers with a side of honey chipotle dunkin' juice, after polishing off a jalapiñata triple-spiced Power Plate.

Were you eating at Guy Fieri's restaurant?

DONKEY SAUCE!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Honestly though that sounds good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chief McHeath posted:

Put a paper towel in whatever they're being stored in! It will absorb some of the moisture that builds up on the sides and drops and makes the bread soggy! And don't be afraid to be patient and reheat those bad boys in the oven so you warm em up and crisp the bread a little!

I should have done the paper towel thing. Part of the tops of 2 of them got soggy. I ate them anyway.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If you ask for sausage out here it's crumbled Italian sausage 100% of the time. We have a poo poo ton of pizza places and we have a big Italian population. I love almost all foods but I hate fennel seed which is also in 100% of the Italian sausage here. Fennel seeds are big and you can see them. I mean, I think I even have that cilantro soap thing but I eat it anyway. I'll eat Italian sausage but I avoid it. Gimmie a loving beer brat or any other type of sausage.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Curry noodles.

I had 10 cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuits and 2.0oz of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese. Oh and a Costco protein shake.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
We only have one good German restaurant here. Although around Oktoberfest some places will have some badass buffets. WI is basically Little Germany so it sucks that we don't have more options here. Probably a lot more in Milwaukee.

I had a Jimmy John's Vito today. Not too bad.

numberoneposter posted:

spaetzle is great

My grandma used to make spaetzle. It's so good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love beer brats and all and that's a staple here but I really just like having them on their own with no bun and a really good mustard. It's common in my area to get a big Italian bread bun but they're just too big and completely drowns out the brat.

Also for those of you about to say "brats are so lame get something better" well a bunch of grocery stores around here have all different sorts of brats. It's mostly just a simple coarse ground pork sausage but you can really play with it. Some people get inventive with stuff like apples and cheese, sauerkraut in the brat, your mind is the limit.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gettin' me one of deez today.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had Mission BBQ today. I was good but I made a huge mistake. This was my second time there and for some stupid reason I got the lean brisket as opposed to the "moist" I got last time. Almost choked a few times it was so dry. The jalapeno cheese sausage was pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went to Chic-Fil-A earlier today because it was right by the eye doctor place I was waiting at and I didn't have much time. That was only my second time there ever since I'm not a bigot who hates gays and donates to anti-gay organizations and probably prays that gay people get hurt because they're so righteously christian and that's something Jesus would say.

Anyway, it was good. Got a spicy chicken sandwich and I don't even like fries but I think their waffle fries are probably the best fast food fries I ever had. But you know... morals. I won't be returning.