Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The other day I grabbed a 'supreme' sub from the grocery store which, well, I'm afraid to say wasn't all that SUPREME imo.
However, I diced up some artichoke hearts and some pickled mushrooms and slathered it on that bad boy and made it my own....SUB-preme, if you will, and it was p drat good.

Well thanks so much for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'M HAVING BRAUNSCHWEIGER ON TOAST WITH MUSTARD AND PICKLES FOR BREAKFAST DON'T TRY TO STOP ME YOU MOTHERFUCKERS OR I WILL END YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

well it turns out I didn't even though I wanted to :(
I had to make a run to a gas station and it has a burger king attached to it so I got something called an 'egg-normous burrito' and asked them to add tomato to it which seemed to annoy the staff greatly and also I can tell you that it was not very good and that 'tater tots' should not be considered an appropriate burrito topping, even for a morning burrito.
However, the orange juice I got with it was ok because it's pretty hard to gently caress up actual orange juice that isn't like, Sunny-D style "orange drink" poo poo.

WELL that is my breakfast story and I want to just take a moment and thank each of you personally for reading and contemplating this moment of my life.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

We're having some kind of 'Super Deluxe' pizza and egg drop soup for the championship games today and it's weirding me out.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's in Kenosha. Los Taquitos. We have some decent Mexican food here.

Green Bay also has several, and I do mean SEVERAL authentic, great Mexican places.
People will read "Kenosha? ...loving Green Bay?...MEXICAN food?!" and start laughing but it is absolutely legit.

Tacos Burritos Mexico in downtown GB even used to support my game day habit of their off the menu mexican style burrito suizo con lengua.
You know the place is legit when the counter is plexi-glass faced and posted with pictures of fighting roosters.

e: also when the guy behind the counter recognizes you and starts laughing at you as "that white boy who wants his lengua again" to the cooks and you can tell him to shut the gently caress up and he just laughs and they all wave whatever utensils they have at you. I miss that place. They have a few locations now actually, but the first one, on Main St. was a god drat classic.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 22, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I had a swiss cheese sandwich on wheat with spinach and Yellowbird Serrano. Also a pickle!

I am getting the Yellowbird sampler pack today I am very excited + I got the Greenbelly sauce from the older hot sauce thread as well just the other day as well, and oh lord that is good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

found out the hmong pho place does real, raw laarb.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Had a late breakfast. Got a reuben omelette. It was super good.

whoah.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

if the second of the two words that make up your restaurant name tell you not to eat at your restaurant, it's probably a bad name for it.

Wingstop

TacoNo

PizzaWait

BurgerTrash

all questionable places at best for lunch, imo. SushiFuck is a tossup depending on your mood and their wait times.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dairy Lament

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CalzoneDefenestration

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

was thinking about eating up some roads

not sure about swallowing loads though

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Leftover rear end is a dish best served...not really reheated in the microwave, but where one part of the rear end is sorta room temperature and one part is really hot but also extremely wet and soft and all you can think of is that the whole rear end would have been best left cold.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bob's Burgers Burger of the day needs to be:

"My Bleatin' Heart - Lamburger"

ty that is all.

e: well almost. For dinner (not lunch lo siento) I'm marinading some chicken breasts and thighs in greek yogurt, lemon, lots of garlic, fresh thyme, cilantro (green coriander for you nonUS folks), all of which I blended into a smoothie (sans the chicken, obv) sealed in a bag that I'm gently palpating hourly or so, which I'm going to skewer and grill over charcoal and serve with pitas, with spreadable herb goat cheese, red onion, and home grown tomatoes and cucumbers

And Valko I wanted to compliment you on your turkey burgers, they looked great. Please come to Wisconsin I have literal dozens of turkeys meandering through my yard this time of year and have to pause for the big buggers as I leave my driveway or go up and down my little access road. If you could help thin them out just a bit it'd be appreciated. They ate almost 50% of my raspberries this year and the deer have taken my apples, so I feel like something is owed.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 10, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have a deluxe sandwich from the store :/ BUT

I have some 'italian' style marinaded chicken breasts in the sous vide at 141f and am attempting to make cheesy jasmine rice in my rice cooker, both of which I have set to finish at approximately the same time this evening that I'm done steaming broccoli.
So for dinner I should have perfectly done chicken, cheese rice, and steamed broccoli with lemon, which I'm looking forward too.

I'm interested in how the cheesy rice comes out of the rice cooker. I wanted to see if I could get away with doing rice and broccoli in the same set up but I'm like 100% sure I'd end up with destroyed broccoli florets and no one wants that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

At 141, for the time I'm doing them, shocked in an ice bath, and then hit in a cast iron skillet to quick sear, believe me their fine.

Should I not sous brined white meat pork, either?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Alright.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 17, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 17, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh, and to all the Euros out there who think that America has lovely food and is a wasteland.

I got this from my local gas station in the middle of no-where in Wisconsin and added exactly this: "The tomato slice, balsamic".

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

just an fyi my goal is to get them chicken breasts all gummed up as poo poo and slimed them out of their ooze packet and present them as is with no further prep
The last one I took was a Kwik-Trip deluxe with a slice of tomato.

just squeezed right out of the vac pac with the gray goo right onto the plate in front of crying children and ask people what's wrong with them for not eating that tender meat because I'm a chef, now

e: if you want to see I can take photos. I don't actually have kids but I can prob take pics of un-vac'ing. and trying to make it pretty.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 17, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's too much Subway even for me.

And I don't exercise enough to justify eating that.

Cousins Italian special + hot pepper spread is pretty tight for a wisconsinite I'm tellin ya. I just knocked one outta the park.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

drat I want collards AND steamed dumplings.

a...a dream combo to put in my kawaii bento boxu

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So I was inspired and went out and got collards and smoked pork chops (They didn't have ham hocks OR turkey legs, da FUQ) and I'mma try doin em up in my instapot and see how she goes. Apparently people have tons of success with this according to The Internet and it seems a perfect application, so it's ready to pop off.

e: corn bread and mac'n'cheese as sides too because we're classing this joint UP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Trip report: collard greens in the instapot? Heck yes. They turned out perfect. Pot likker like nectar from the gods. Gotta do it again for sure, I'm never wasting time doing it stove top again.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I tried to get a WHOPPER from the burger king at the country gas station where I live but they had barricaded the drat thing off with a pickup truck and were patching the drive-through with a cement truck.

It. Figures!

On a side note; I tried to use salt to cure cod fillets and while it did firm up the fish nicely and I did rinse them off, even broiling them with an oil based sauce (a poppyseed dressing) left them too salty to be edible. Which is a shame, because I've tried that method prior and found it to be great in flaking up the fish nicely and giving it a good salty 'hue' without overpowering it all, but this time, drat, I over-done myself and just got salted fish-bricks. Son of a gun.

To add to the story though, I gave each of my two dogs a good honkin' chunk off the end of one of the two cod fillets and they went so wild for it that I felt compelled to take the trash out after throwing away the tinfoil from the baking sheet I made it on because I thought my two docile hounds who normally don't get people food might go feral for over-salted mock lobster. So I've got two critics in my corner.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 21, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There's one company that seems to have the market on all grocery store sushi around here. It's not terrible but there's a certain taste to it I just don't like. At least they roll it there in front of you. But it's $5 on Wednesdays so that's something.

If it's the same one up here (they do the $5 Weds too) it's because they put that sweet mayo sriracha goop on every goddamn thing.
I hate that crap. Just make me something normal.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

in an ode to american gluttony as well as being inspired by the reuben pizzas in the pizza thread, I've decided to go for it.

I peeled, diced, and blanched several baking potatoes.
I caramelized 1 very large spanish onion.
I chopped up approximately 1/2 lb of sliced corned beef (intended for sandwiches)
a little less than 2 cups of strained and drained sauerkraut

I have mixed these things together with several good dollops of thousand island dressing, and a handful of shredded swiss cheese.
Poured it into a casserole dish, and then covered it with more swiss cheese.

...I intend to bake a reuben potato casserole.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

John Reuben (inventor of the Reuben) would be proud. :staredog:

I have an update on this btw!

It turned out wonderfully. Think...slightly sloppy scalloped potatoes (not from the liquids but from the rough cut potatoes) but with the flavors you'd expect from the recipe. The one problem is that I did not blanch/parboil the potatoes just quite long enough. They ARE cooked. They're at that stage of potato'i'ness where it's clear that they're 'done' but not quite soft enough to mash, and I wish that they were. Because I'd like to easily mash them to sop up the juices of this. That's my only regret.

I will TOTALLY do this again. It was awesome.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I prefer drummettes to the wings but it seems like places don't offer them any more. I dunno if it's a cost thing, or others don't like them, or what but if I could get just those, I'll take 'em. I also like 'spicy asian' or whatever the equivalent is as a sauce. It's never ACTUALLY spicy, I just dig it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mushroom Swiss burger from Kwik trip, dipped into a little ketchup, a side of some sweet baby gherkins.

It's freakin exceptional somehow and I have no explanation for it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TECHNICALLY lunch even though it's late, my wife is out of town so I hit up our favorite asian take out place
and got salt and pepper shrimp (They're full, head on prawns with slivered onions and jalapenos, they're beautiful), pork belly, and spring rolls AND hand made lemonade for < $30 and have enough food to feed a family of four, or me, the entire time she's gone. I love this place and if you can give them a shout, or you're in the area for any reason, hit 'em up.

ps: The spring rolls are like 4.99, the size of burritos, come with shrimp and blanched chicken and come two to a pack. It's easily closing in on 2 lbs, on a box of 2 spring rolls.

And they say America has no culture. I'm in Green Bay, for Pete's sake!

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 5, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I literally do not remember the last time I've been there, but have been having some pretty good cravings of late, so I hit up TBell today.

Supreme Chalupa (sub chicken instead of beef, +jalepenos)
2 regular tacos (+ tomatoes)

I couldn't finish the last taco but hot diggity did that hit the drat spot.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinatown posted:

remembered that one time i did go to an italian restaurant and got spaghetti that came with one giant meatball in the center of the pasta. it was good!

I've been to a place like that (once or so) and I always kinda wondered how they got it done and kept it round. A meatloaf you can bake, but it'll be flat, obv. But for a ball, I assume you gotta DUNK that bad boi and blanch it maybe? And then finish it? Nowadays I'm sure they do some fancy poo poo like freeze it in a mold and sous it and then pan fry it or whatever but back in the day...MAMA MIA how you gonna keepa them firm meety ball!!?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I had forgotten something in my last post.

A big rear end bag of still warm cheese curds. Sounded like I was stompin a bag of mice with all that squeakin.
I really wish wisconsin could share this with you bastards.

If you gis them, it's not the deep fried ones, 'fresh'. Right out of the dairy. Haven't even been chilled yet.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 10, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Those sandwiches sound terrifying

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fresh baked bread
soft mozz
good olive oil
syrupy thick balsamic
basil that I grew myself
heirloom tomatoes
and paper thin slices of pancetta

And people say that the US, and the midwest is food deprived.

"HURF DURF I VISITED AMERICA AND THE ONLY THING I SAW WAS FATS AND MCDONALDS AND THEY ALL SUCK" ... :( I'm just gettin real sick of that narrative when I've been enjoying the above and better since I was born and I don't want to politicize this thread but sometimes it hurts right where you'd expect me to be putting two big macs a day, away, you heard, non-us goons? Mercy.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 11, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Crusty Nutsack posted:

wisconsin represent :hfive:

This forum needs an 1848 flag

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Or Iron Brigade.

Kewuanee and Manitowoc troops made up the most of that, as well as the 8th Wisconsin. Who's hats the air cav. wears to this day, but beyond that the Iron brigade after trials and tribulations merged and became the Big Red One, after which Red Arrow Parks are named for along the lake shore in my home town. I probably got my lexicon mixed up in there. :revers E

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 12, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinatown posted:

taco BELL

soft taco supreme (heh your mom)

burrito supreme

diet pepsi

eaten while driving at 80mph on the interstate.

Ladies and gentlemen tha ROAD WARRIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

postmodifier posted:

What the gently caress is a soft taco supreme

Why would you order this unless you just want to eat a mouthful of dirt sprinkled on half a cup of sour cream

oh, I see

Haha drat you really got him

Here he was saying that it was the highest of culinary arts, but man you really showed him by saying that a fast food taco isn't that good actually. drat.