Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I went out for errands and my local grocery chain had 1lb platters of cocktail shrimp on sale for $9 for some reason so I had like close to a dozen off of that and one of their small deli sandwiches (think 5 inch mini sub, italian) which I added balsamic, fresh tomato, and home grown basil to, over the course of maybe 2 hours or so, just kinda snackin' on all that.

Kind of a weird lunch, but p good all told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hows the potato salad, I'm a fellow connoisseur of that variety.
I swing more to the preference of sour and spiced if that helps rather than sweet and potato-y

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

I went out for errands and my local grocery chain had 1lb platters of cocktail shrimp on sale for $9 for some reason so I had like close to a dozen off of that and one of their small deli sandwiches (think 5 inch mini sub, italian) which I added balsamic, fresh tomato, and home grown basil to, over the course of maybe 2 hours or so, just kinda snackin' on all that.

Kind of a weird lunch, but p good all told.

Sorry to quote myself but my local food chain (Festival, for you midwest goons) does these mini subs in these nice, small, I'll call them brioche buns even if they're not, but they're nice compact sub buns at just under six inches and they're chewey and great, and I'd buy them to make my own sandwiches from of any sort, but they don't sell them in their bakery section, which is odd, because they sell god drat everything else you can imagine.

They're wonderful little micro-french-bread-loafs and if sold individually or along side deli suggestions like adult lunchable suggestions I think this'd be a great thing but no dice!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Look I offered to shared it with both my wife AND both my dogs ok?
Chill your tits, father Consirde.

e: oh I thought that was a comment on my purchasing of cheap shrimp previously and now I've shamed myself.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 19, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

You know, Big Beef City, the ocean called. They're running outta shrimp.

The ocean can send some mammalians to suck the shrimp right straight out of my butt hole!!!

Freakin deal w/it, sea life!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

postmodifier posted:

Sorry, I think you misunderstood my tack here

As my posts in the taco bell megathred ought to reveal I loved to live mas

Im just very confused about specifically ordering a soft taco supreme as opposed to having one randomly tossed in one's order by a very high employee

Stop.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There's a place here in town that does kick rear end Jamaican and I was seriously jonesing for it when I woke up today, and the sons of a gun aren't open today. I wanted peas and rice and football gosh darn it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ended up with steamed green chicken chili tamales and some fresh green onions with lime and hot sauce

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*makes italian pinchy fingers*
Sometimes you don't gotta eat alla the spgootz.
You save a some of the ghetti and then...
Maybe you get up at night, maybe you get up for breakfast and maybe ahhhhh
*Glances around and then leans in*
... You eat a the spagoo. Yeah? Yeah.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

drat that's rad

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

please describe the color of the monster without using any actual words of color

Something to concern a urologist

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Those Naked fruit smoothies

That's a shame you gotta hold off on these right now, I love these bastards. Most of them are real good but my favorite is Green Machine with strawberry banana coming in a fairly distant second.

"Do you want thick bright green swamp water that tastes like pineapple and apple juice?" Hell YEA I do.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Two gas station chili dogs.

hey man, was thinkin about you today and your guts and realized when reading another poster's woes that my mom had something pretty much like this, and it was her gallbladder.
They ripped that poo poo out and she was free as daylight when it came to eating again. I know you're boozin and fretting on poo poo and all, but she kinda was too, and once they got that sucker fixed up it took care of her real good, and that was years ago. Might want to check on that if ya ain't.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Took her uterus out too, so make sure they check you for that too at the same time. Get a two'fer.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I really can't get enough of the local grocery chains little sub sandwiches that they make in their deli section.
I bring home either their 'delux' or 'italian' variant, add some better tomato slices and a few fresh basil leaves (we have a big rear end bush growing on our window sill it's like 2 years old, transplanted, and the lower branches legit look like bansai tree branches, it's nuts), and pour some real good quality balsamic on the bread and then close it back up and slam that bitch home and god drat if that ain't a good fricken meal.

That was my lunch at about 10:15 this morning

Plus some takis.

Tonight we're doing some weird left over thing my wife is hyphy for. I dunno.

e: Like believe it or not THIS is our kitchen basil plant, look at those branches. Basil should not look like that lol.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 28, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Valko that looks great (and not just because I've been thinking of making that only a couple days ago :p ) Nice work.

Wife and I both got a cheesesteak from Cousins. pfft. Very underwhelming, which, yes, I know it's a midwest chain place's cheesesteak, but their cold sandwiches like their italian and club are usually pretty flippin good, tbh. This was...measly. Could have easily ordered double portions of meat and peppers and still not filled up the bread it was on. WEAK. Undeserving! :colbert:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've done 'chicken pot pie filling' with a potato crust like that as well and that turns out real good too.

It's hard to gently caress up "meat, gravy, and vegetables baked right in their own mashed potato coffin" but it does take effort and drat it's so rewarding.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Valko posted:

The most notoriously angry goon in GBS gives someone a compliment... I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, cheers!

my anemic sub left me flagging for energy, struggling to troll you...

no but seriously from a place where I'm normally like "Ok I'll eat half this 7inch cold cut sub and mow on some later" I'm not joking to say that the subs we got were like 'hot pockets content' on the same amount of bread. It was no dice. No me gusta.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

my local piggly wiggly deli does on demand slicing of Boars Head deli meats and they have olive loaf so recently I got a pound and a half of that, cut pretty loving thick and ... well..I've been eating it out of hand about two slices at a crack or...

...or even worse my goons... on one slice of good white bread....with ketchup. Folded in half.

I am become god

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I showed up at the deli counter at like 8:17am on Tuesday and the quite literal old white Lunchlady archetype behind the counter who could barely see over it was like "WHAT?" And I asked for that olive loaf and it took like 15 minutes for her to go in the back, and get it open because I am the only one on earth that orders it, and slice it and give it to me and she was absolutely disgusted by me and I loved every second of it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Derpies posted:

Truly you are a man of Wisconisn

ya well

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't think it's fair to need to pick a 'favorite' sandwich. They're so fundamentally unique that it's gonna vary from day to day. I could give you a nebulous list of my 'top choices' but they're gonna run all over the table and I may love one on Monday and have NO desire for it on Tuesday.

Also lunch today was lame. Old Trapper beef jerky (good texture oddly salty even for Jerky which is impressive to pull off, an apple, and a soda).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's the only way to roll if you're not adding relish to it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

I'm gonna eat one of these for lunch today :haibrower: but I will probably add some grilled chicken

lol I bought one of the 'avocado ceasar' kits of this brand specifically because of this thread.

I opened it up for dinner last night.

...it was just the lettuce. They'd forgotten to pack ALL of the advertised included 'stuff' to make the 'kit' a 'kit' lol. My wife called them just to let them know and now we're getting like 6 free ones

e: also regarding apples; there's a kind of apple that's NOT Pink Lady (which are fine if a bit generic) that has light pink lines just under the peel who's name I can't find right now, that's awesome. Always crisp and fresh and not mealy. And I'll be dipped if I can find a reference to it because searching for it turns up the ubiquitous 'pink lady' or apples that are legitimately RED inside or some other weird poo poo.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 19, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

woke up feeling like poo poo so I've only eaten a string cheese and a bit of summer sausage today

but it's 3:30 now so it's too late for lunch.

gonna order indian (directly, no app) as soon as it's legally dinner time i think. it will take until then for me to decide what to get :thunk:

Lamb or goat jahlfreezi you coward

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Derpies posted:

How's his rear end taste the second day ?

The whole original context and heavy comedic lifting that it did originally when he did while diss rapping him with the whole "Tell me how my rear end taste." that Jim Rome and other sports hosts played for like? A decade plus every single afternoon any time they needed a commedic bump to a caller? Now that's strong.

Doing it at ACTUAL Kobe's funeral earlier this year? Wasn't such a great look, Diesel.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not that it doesn't sound fine but the ingredients on that 'Baja chicken sandwich' sound like the first 'hip' food you ever heard of as an 8 year old in exactly 1989 and you have purple and less purple board shorts on with a 'Mickey Mouse says it's MOUSE-ical to work out' shirt on or some poo poo but ONLY because it's after Karate class and the plain yellow shirt in your bag STINKS anyway you heard about this sandwich that has...RANCH on it?!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I...sorta bought like $300+ in a propane Wok set up to put on my grill station outside without telling my wife. So lunch today is "being quiet and stealing lunchmeat from the fridge and taking the dogs out without being asked or making eye contact"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinatown posted:

lol yeah ive noticed this in my area. people are tired of cooking and stress eating like hell.

Also this, and like a Venture Brother would say "Like DIP" am I going to pull up to any fast food place with more than 3-4 cars in line. I'll just go hungry. I see these places with cars literally wrapped entirely around the building, let's say 10-15 deep. I don't care how fast they're moving. If that's 3 minutes a car, that's a 45 minute investure. That's not 'fast food'. That's being a loving moron. Call ahead to a decent place. Make your order. Drive on over (or saunter, or whatever, I don't give a gently caress) and waltz in to the sound of no one loving being there and your food being ready to meet you.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

I am jealous of the wok setup, there's a lot of legit chinese food I want to cook but doing it on my electric stove is just not the same at all.

So, my kitchen opens to my attached garage. Immediately left of opening the kitchen door gets you one of the garage side doors.
This is paved back up towards the front of the garage in cement. About half way up, there is an 'extra' cement walk way panel that was poured, facing looking out into the back 2 acres of country. It was a specifically designed deck for a grill.
That's where the wok is going.

The burner setup that this has, has holes on the ends of the legs and variable mounting positions. In a perfect world, what I would do is build a small trolley with castor wheels like:

That have both a suspension and lock. And frame it up so that I could have the fuel on a basic platform, attached to castor wheels like that and the wok stand properly mounted above.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A small cup of lobster bisque and a snack plate of various pickled things.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Finally, my new years treats showed up:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

:hmmyes:

I'm cooking for my gf for the first time so I got bacon wrapped beef tenderloins and (frozen) mussels for dinner.

No pressure or anything but make sure to cook those mussels before serving

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Derpies I love you but if you ever question a Wisconsinites love of seafood (Friday night fishfry) I will track you down and erase you from this dead gay earth leaving only a Packers 'G' shaped burn mark where you once stood.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I will say that up north (here in the GB area) it's very rare to see potato pancakes.

It's normally fries or german potato salad. I don't know that I've ever seen pancakes, actually, in my entire life living around here. I've seen those on brunch menus tons, but not as part of Friday night affairs, and here it's by far Perch, then bluegill, shrimp, walleye, then cod in order of popularity.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One could argue that DarkSoulsTantrum............ ... .. ..... ... ...

never had a sense of taste.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Qdoba. Pulled pork. Added some Yellowbird Serrano hot sauce that was recommended in the hot sauce thread a while back. Possibly by Aardvark or Chinatown. :yum:

I've tried almost all of their sauces now (got the sampler pack) and the Serrano is tops, then the Hab, the only real loser is the Ghost pepper, which I wasn't a fan of at all. Wasn't too hot, just a lovely flavor profile imo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

leftover papa john's EPIC STUFFED CRUST

What was so epic about it? Did you agree that it WAS epic?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Clam and corn chowder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

burger and fries but they forgot the vinegar!!!! <:mad:>

ASK for it