Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yesterday for dinner I made chicken thighs and drums with carrot, onion, garlic, habanero pepper, potato, and a little fire roasted tomato with Dolpiaza curry (Pataks jarred stuff) in my instapot to serve with basmati rice from my rice cooker that I made with tumeric, a lil curry powder, and saffron.

...I had leftovers for lunch. Turned out friggin awesome btw.
4-5 minutes to sear the chicken
about the same to sear the veg
7 minutes at steam
7 minutes natural release, then popped the cork.

Done PERFECTLY. Was great.

Honestly, I started the rice cooker and had everything prepped and actually waited to start 'cooking' a little while, so that full 'dinner' took an hour because I didn't pre-plan the rice. Pretty good imo.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mysteriously those shrimp rings get bought when my wife leaves town for short business trips and I eat the whole drat thing I don't know what happens honest

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That burger looks like it slipped out a wet fart.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not really lunch, but I started it there about. Bone in pork chops, sous vide at 138.6, which should bring them in at just under med. rare, for a couple hours. In a mix of mustard, garlic, and a lil brown sugar. When they're done I'll shock them in an ice bath so they don't over cook, then flash sear them in a skillet to brown the out-side.

Have that with some sage stuffing (just generic store bought bullshit, nothing fancy there) and some broccoli steamed in lemon and garlic water.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Veggie omelette from a local brunch place with a ton of sauteed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini and an espresso

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinatown posted:

I use Bad Byron's Butt Rub. No sugar so its versatile. :blastu:

I usually hate proprietary rubs and seasonings and all that JAZZ but

Is legit.
and here's a link because I'm a nice guy

It's perfect for pork. As in, unspeakably kind to it. It can do a good number on some game fish, too, if you are so inclined, but boy gosh almighty it will just take over some grilled pork chops without further ado.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah I know, and they are just as dumb as you remember

That seasoning though actually is great on pork what can I say

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Made a cup of tea and a snack tray for Mrs Beef who's putting in the hours. She's crushing it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What I need to do is make char siu pork on the grill is what I need to do.

What I have the ingredients for is corned beef and cabbage.

e: also belated, but PtF I hope you're doing alright after your trip to the fridge. Take care of yourself my man :)

ee: for a serious answer, some slices of jalepeno bologna and some celery sticks because apparently I'm an elementary school child!

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 14, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

i cracked open the chili i bought at the safeway

it has loving cannellini beans in it... wtf

Cursed.

And I'm a 'beans in chili are cool' guy, even.

I did more of a breakfast-lunch today since my eating schedule's been way off lately for some reason. Braunschweiger, celery sticks, crystal hot sauce, a peach, several very large olives, a small wedge of good swiss, and a lime jarritos of all things. Just an oddball lunch plate. God I DO love braunschweiger though, my gosh.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Cursed.

And I'm a 'beans in chili are cool' guy, even.

I did more of a breakfast-lunch today since my eating schedule's been way off lately for some reason. Braunschweiger, celery sticks, crystal hot sauce, a peach, several very large olives, a small wedge of good swiss, and a lime jarritos of all things. Just an oddball lunch plate. God I DO love braunschweiger though, my gosh.

I'm sorry to quote myself, but Europeans who poo poo on America;

I had a Germanic liver sausage, a LA sauce, a GA peach, olives from Greece, Swiss cheese, and soda from Mexico from lunch, alone.

I live in Northern Wisconsin. Tell me about how sheltered Americans are from 'global culture' and what's up w/you.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Before I started school my babysitter (my same age friend's mom) would make us Braunschweiger sandwiches.

I hated them.

:colbert:

(To be fair I totally do the 'dad' thing and just cut it right out of the tube and apply toppings as needed)

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 15, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Prof. Crocodile posted:

This salad is a treasured memory from my childhood, but I have been unable find a satisfactory recipe. 😞

It's vinegar and sugar, sesame seeds and sesame seed oil

e: also please DON'T recreate it.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 15, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cheesy ham and potato soup from kwik trip.

... This stuff is gas station soup that's twice as good as anything from a can and I will go out of my way for.
It's ridiculously good and I've had it twice in the last two weeks.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Al pasto burrito with pineapple and extra verde sauce from my favorite taqueria.

drat that's right up my alley

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rutabaga and beef pastie.

Look it up if you have to you neophyte

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got a burrito the other day from Qdoba (one just opened near me, the first time we went, they did a fine job of things for, y'know, bein' Qdoba)
This time it sucked butt. It was supposed to have grilled fajita veg as one of the toppings? It only had green peppers that weren't cooked.
Supposed to have cilantro? Nope.
Guac? Literally less than a teaspoon.
Also the rice wasn't fully cooked and they forgot the salsa as well.

So. Ate that as leftovers, but drat that was a poor-rear end burrito.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sounds like you weren't there in person. Did you get it delivered?

If you're there you can say "hey come on now" if they are skimpy.

Ordered via app and Mrs Beef walked in to grab the order off their pick up counter without any real interaction

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Left over Chinese food.

Muy rico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Second half of a subway Italian w/ red onion, green pepper, banana pepper, black olive, vinegar and oil.