Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I've got 500g of minced turkey and I was thinking about making salisbury steak with it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I made my turkey salisbury steaks. It was inspired by this. Since it's turkey I changed the ingredients a bit.

Butter beans and oven chips. Leftover carrot and parsnip mash.

Clean plates! Success! :)

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

TheAardvark posted:

you ate all 4 of them didnt you

that silverware is all clean

lol, no. But honestly I really could have. Not because they were good - they really were - because I'm a renowned glutton. Thankfully my family keeps me in check, back when I was living alone I wouldn't have eaten them all at once but I would have had two for dinner and the other two before bed.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Beef Jalfrezi. Used steak strips instead of chuck so it was ready by the time I put it all together and got the rice cooked. Still haven't got used to my new oven and almost burned it the last time.

Had to schange spoons because the last one was to flexible and kept catapulting things out of the pan.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Who can out-chilli my chilli?

Not just beans but kidney beans. :flip:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

From left to right, chopped tomatoes, Knorr stock pot*, tomato puree.

*If these things are good enough for Marco Pierre White - the guy who trained Gordon Ramsey - they are good enough for me.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Shepherd's Pie. Not really - cottage pie - lamb is far too expensive where I'm from despite the fields being full of sheep. I still call it shepherd's pie. Cheap and easy, nothing fancy and it doesn't make fussy eaters turn their nose up which was a huge problem when I used to do volunteer work for a mental health charity.

Just need to butter the top and...

I honestly could have left it in for another 10 - 15 mins.

She better hurry up and get home from work or there will be none left.

Fake update: She didn't want any anyway. :(

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

Valko that looks great (and not just because I've been thinking of making that only a couple days ago :p ) Nice work.

Wife and I both got a cheesesteak from Cousins. pfft. Very underwhelming, which, yes, I know it's a midwest chain place's cheesesteak, but their cold sandwiches like their italian and club are usually pretty flippin good, tbh. This was...measly. Could have easily ordered double portions of meat and peppers and still not filled up the bread it was on. WEAK. Undeserving! :colbert:

The most notoriously angry goon in GBS gives someone a compliment... I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, cheers!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I was looking for this thread and was surprised to see it was all the way back on page 3. You folks fasting or something?

Anyhoo, I was told pork loin was coming home today and I was told to do something with it. I don't know what to call this, I just improvised.

I think it was SilvergunSuperman who told me to brown meat first before adding the rest of the stuff but this is pork loin. It cooks as fast as white fish.

Oh honey, honey.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

No comment.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I'm feeling a bit queasy. Starter for easter dinner was big enough for lunch and dinner was almost too big.

Spanakopita and tomato salad followed by roast potatoes, mashed potated, carrots, mushrooms, mushy peas and leg of lamb.

E: This is insane, somebody just suggested making blueberry pancakes, jesus.

Valko fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Aardvark! posted:

you ever find a specific sandwich combo that just slaps?

sourdough bun, boar's head maple ham, monterey jack cheese, 80/20 mix of yellow mustard and thousand island dressing.

i switch up my deli meat buys all the time but i think this combo is A Keeper

Yes. Just add tomato and lettuce.