Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

rain with 20min to go lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

That rain escalated quickly. Was at T3, saw the Toyota go onto full wet, was like , then the heavens opened

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Upset Trowel

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

That rain escalated quickly. Was at T3, saw the Toyota go onto full wet, was like , then the heavens opened

Welcome to Florida

freeranger
Jan 7, 2006

When does the imsa race start? Is that tomorrow or soon?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Upset Trowel

freeranger posted:

When does the imsa race start? Is that tomorrow or soon?

Tomorrow before noon

freeranger
Jan 7, 2006

Thanks

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Iíll be honest, I got enough rain at Daytona.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Guess who has two thumbs and didn't bring any waterproofs to this race...

Just did the grid walk and got soaked to the skin, now back and hiding in our RV. So pumped for this!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My name's ralph and i'm a bad guy. I'm 9 feet tall, i weigh 643 pounds. I'm a wrecker, i wreck things.

It has to be pretty mentally taxing pushing through all that spray for hours on end.

e: mazdas, so hot right now.

Powershift fucked around with this message at Mar 16, 2019 around 17:04

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

God damnit Mazda.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

*see thread title

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

For the attendees, how have the crowds been compared to prior years?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My name's ralph and i'm a bad guy. I'm 9 feet tall, i weigh 643 pounds. I'm a wrecker, i wreck things.

rip another mazda

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

loving gently caress

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

well the #55 is still in the race, which is something

e: and the #77 rises from the dead! there's no way Mazda CAN'T win this race

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I loving love that wynns livery on that Merc so much that I'm going to see if I can find it on forza

freeranger
Jan 7, 2006

Just checking into the race after waking up. What have I missed? I'm assuming Mazdas exploded as usual?

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

freeranger posted:

Just checking into the race after waking up. What have I missed? I'm assuming Mazdas exploded as usual?

Let's see, one blew up, is back on the track, and the other hit the wall but only lost a lap or two.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

the lack of cautions, long yellow flag start, and extremely staggered pit strategy has made this a bit of a bore so far

needs a FCY and some rain to bunch everyone back up again

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

an oddly awful oud posted:

the lack of cautions, long yellow flag start, and extremely staggered pit strategy has made this a bit of a bore so far

needs a FCY and some rain to bunch everyone back up again

Now Iím back indoors, I agree some rain would spice things up.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I've got fast drying clothes, bring the chaos

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm watching from home and it's great.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

track day bro! posted:

I loving love that wynns livery on that Merc so much that I'm going to see if I can find it on forza

The owner/driver, Ben Keating, is going to run a Ford GT at Le Mans in the Wynnís colors too.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

OK now things can get good again. The problem with long green runs is that everyone spreads out over time and then the number of positional battles goes down which reduces the likelihood of somebody overcooking a corner or something to bring out a yellow flag, so it just becomes a feedback loop of everyone getting more and more isolated and driving conservatively and keeping the green out

also the Michelins must be great, we've seen very few incidents of cold tire screwups and flats

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Upset Trowel

I can't believe they're still running the 77 and haven't closed the garage.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

I can't believe they're still running the 77 and haven't closed the garage.

there's no reason not to; it gives practice for the whole team and, had the cautions went the #55's way and gotten it back into contention, it's still plenty fast enough to serve as a tailgunner to protect their hypothetical lead

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I guess it's heartening that even after being on fire (the #77 Mazda's natural state) it is still very fast.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

so that got pretty exciting at the end. Grats Whelen Caddy, Derani/Nasr is just an unbelievably nasty driver pairing

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Great start, great finish, terribly boring for half of the race in between. But it's still an IMSA race at Sebring and that's always cool and good.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

This was a good race to be at, and pop in and out of, watched the start in the rain, watched it go dry and transition to slicks, had a nap and some food in the middle, took a shower, came back out for the last 2 hours.

I'm totally exhausted after 4 days.

That was loving awesome.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

At least Corvette got on the podium. :')

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

I somehow missed this on The Drive yesterday regarding Mazda and a return to Le Mans: http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator...g-about-le-mans

It's all pretty silly for a team that hasn't quite learned to walk, much less run, but it shows that 1. Mazda is open to going back to Le Mans if the regulations are right, and 2. The CEO of Mazda NA must be seriously committed to endurance racing even with the lack of success so far, which augurs well given that some people openly wonder when they're going to give up trying and leave IMSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

If ACO woulda honored their original promises when it came to DPis, you probably would have seen the Mazda's there already i bet, and probably the Nissan's back when they ran with ESM. Dunno about Acura/Caddy due to how those programs are paid for.

«13 »