Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
What a goddamn FE race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is the first FE race I've watched from flag to flag and uh, wow

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Yeah holy poo poo Formula E Mexico was amazing. Big crash at the start but then it turned into a fuel mileage race…which is something amazing when it's battery power that's running out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
That was actually a legit good race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NoeleP_UB4

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Holy poo poo! Closest finish in Supercross history tonight and the best SX race I may have ever seen. Bar-to-bar for the lead in the beginning, lots of charges from the rear and mid-pack battles, and the biggest charge to the front you'll ever see culminating in a last-turn pass and 1st and 2nd crossing the line at the same time.

Seriously, try to catch the replay of the 450 main on NBCSN if you can. That was a hell of a race to see from start to finish.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Rally Sweden was baller as gently caress. Ott is a madman going full attack on the power stage.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

And we don't have pics why? :)

Needed to get the camera out!

still on the lookout for the Audi R18 to go along with the other three LMP1s, may have to go looking some weekend soon.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah if you got the 3 you have to get the last one.

And a pile of matchsticks to represent the ByKolles.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dudley posted:

burnt matchsticks from a strip joint known to run a sex trafficking ring

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

I know they make an Audi, I just have to go by the Spark showroom in Tokyo/look at die cast shops/go online at some point.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

some (amazingly awesome) nerd works at hot wheels now.

there's a Baja set now that includes the 84 Audi Sport Quattro.

My...god.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Interesting blurb in the RACER article about the end of the Ford GT program:

https://racer.com/2019/03/01/ford-preparing-for-le-mans-gt-swansong/

quote:

Despite the lack of an official position on the subject, an IMSA DPi project utilizing the same 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 powerplant found in the road and racing versions of the GT, fitted to a Riley/Multimatic Mk. 30 chassis, has been in development for quite some time.

Sounds like its more or less a done deal for next year.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
There's racing this weekend!

Blancpain GT World Challenge America is opening their season at COTA, as well as the GT4 America and TC America series
(all of these formerly known as SCCA Pirelli World Challenge)

Grids look pretty healthy for both of the GT sets, 23 for GT3, 32 in the combined grid for GT4 West and GT4 East
All Times EST

Streams should be on youtube, or found at world-challenge.com

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 1, 2019

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

Yeah, on Pruett’s podcasts the discussion has been that it’s all but announced, and will be debuting starting next year.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Shared this in the F1 thread, but as its V8 Supercar related.

Post race interviews, Aussie Style....

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
That TC America finish :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYH8jDtdYhs

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

:iceburn:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Blancpain GT4 is LIVE NOW at COTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZa0YShEwI

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Safety car is out and everybody's bunched up, 8 minutes left, should be some fun racing at the end

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pepper approves

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Good racing kitty.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

e. We've now seen rollovers in several events and a wheel (with the drive shaft still attached!) ejected beyond the wall. These things are a loving menace, far more dangerous than SST banned on the grounds of "safety."

Some of the Sheep fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 4, 2019

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
I can't understand the collective delusion that would make people try to race crossovers/SUVs around a track. It's like they read all the hack reviews on car blogs and magazines and decided that "The Porsche Macan handles like a sports car!" was, in fact, the literal truth and not a hyperbolic way of saying that modern tires, suspension designs, and safety systems make it possible to take a tight onramp at 50 mph even in a heavily compromised hatchback on stilts

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Utes are just small pickups though?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm surprised that the Jaguar I-Pace hasn't had a rollover yet, that said, they've only raced twice so far.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Utes are Australia’s take on the El Camino, car front (and unibody somehow now?) combined with a pickup bed. I think the complaint is as much the building standards for those chassis as anything else.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I'm surprised that the Jaguar I-Pace hasn't had a rollover yet, that said, they've only raced twice so far.

Batteries would keep the center of gravity fairly low no?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

harperdc posted:

Utes are Australia’s take on the El Camino, car front (and unibody somehow now?) combined with a pickup bed. I think the complaint is as much the building standards for those chassis as anything else.

The El Camino is in fact the USA take on an Australian design. Utes were from Australia in the first place. Most utes have a half chassis only the more car based ones like the Holden Ute and the Subaru Brumby are unibody.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

that Holden ute is fun as gently caress to drive on Forza Horizon

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Cygni posted:

I wonder how that’s going to work given Multimatic’s bigger role in the Mazda DPi program.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drgitlin posted:

I wonder how that’s going to work given Multimatic’s bigger role in the Mazda DPi program.

Well there's four DPi cars, somebody has to double up. As well, they're the ones who have built the street and racing Ford GT. Raj Nair just became president of Multimatic last year too, he was the champion of the Ford GT program before leaving Ford.

but at least from a few people, the Ford DPi is spoken as if it's a done deal, just waiting for the time to be announced and confirmed, much like Acura was two years ago before being confirmed.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Peanut President posted:

well poo poo, I saw the preview image and thought the Mitsubishi on the right was an Eclipse Cross. Serves me right for not looking closer

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Formula E is doing London again in 2020 at the Excel Center.

An indoor arena.

God bless this series.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

njsykora posted:

An indoor arena.

God bless this series.

Fuckin' A

The moment I hear Formula E is running Silverstone or Donnington is the moment I lose interest. FE is all about racing where you can't/should'nt

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I really dig the DTM Aston Martin. Looks kinda brutal.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

tuo posted:

what the gently caress

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

tuo posted:

:hai: good

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

njsykora posted:

An indoor arena.

God bless this series.

oh my god

I've wanted this all my life and it's finally happening

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

tuo posted:

it certainly does look brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The provisional track map looks cool, going to be mostly outdoor around the building sadly but will go inside for a section in one of the exhibition halls because really, why specify Excel as the location if you're not going inside the center itself. One hell of a spicy pit lane as well.