Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

I think there were 3 NHRA posts last year (and only 1 was me) so I'm not even gonna bother a drag racing post :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

tf is the f1 of drag racing, give me pro stock as the only class or give me death

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

also bring back P/T :argh:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Pro stock is a parody of itself now and should just be axed. I don't even think they run the full schedule anymore. Glory to funny cars and pro mods.

You're thinking of Pro Stock Bike which hasn't run the whole schedule in years.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

oh poo poo looking up the 2019 schedule they have started pruning prostock loving :rip: as hell

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Utes are just small pickups though?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Frond posted:

Dollar Store Monaco.

Please! It'd be Poundland Monaco.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

harperdc posted:

(Ratel called out Miller in Utah and Lime Rock Park in a recent interview as places his constituents did not want to continue going to).

what the gently caress i hate sro now

edit: I'm the guys bitching about Lime Rock but running the loving Las Vegas MS's loving terrible road course

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 6, 2019

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

OhsH posted:

Its boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTltTDsaCtI

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

So what I'm reading is that these guys want to drive around fancy rear end tracks in their lambos, not actually have any consequences for driving like idiots, and not have to deal with tryhards. Have they not heard of track days?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Please do not associate cool stuff like ChampCar with whatever the gently caress the World Challenge is now.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

OhsH posted:

I was talking about lime rock

yeah and that was my retort

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

don't worry those namby pamby toyotas will break under the stress of sebring's horrific pavement

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cygni posted:

So in this weeks P1 drama update, DPI 2.0 is off the table and GTE+ is off the table and now Hypercar is back... except only Toyota and Aston are interested, and only Toyota seems to have any ability to have a car ready in time. lol. Can't wait for next weeks update that Hypercar is dead again and now TransAm rules will be the top class or something.

https://racer.com/2019/06/07/with-dpi-shelved-as-an-option-for-the-wec-has-hypercar-survived/

Leaded Gas at Le Mans :getin:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

why do the cars have fidget spinners on the hood

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

nissan was slowing down and a porsche hit him in the rear end so hard the porsche barrel rolled

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

8 Hours of Lime Rock :getin:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

not a fan

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

rallycross sucks

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

an oddly awful oud posted:

What's really hosed is that the IMSA privateers are pushing back hardcore against hybridization in the DPi 2.0 ruleset in the name of cost control and petitioning for something that's iterative of the current regs rather than a significant leap forward. If you converge DPi 2.0 and Hypercar, the projected budgets are almost guaranteed to be unfeasible for privateers, and you're condemning DPi fields to be smaller and smaller unless something real astounding happens to get more manufacturers on board. If you don't converge them and go with the iterative regs, you're essentially confining IMSA to be a second tier series again

IMSA is always gonna be second tier because no fancy pants euro team is gonna run the 6 Hours of Kentucky State Fairgrounds or whatever

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

drgitlin posted:

I don’t actually think IMSA is second tier. There are more factory teams in DPi and GTLM than there are in LMP1 and GTE-Pro, for one thing. Other than Le Mans I’d be very sure that more people watch each IMSA race than WEC round, too.

that doesn't mean anything

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

WindyMan posted:

I defy anyone to tell me why this wouldn't be amazing

held the same week as le mans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008