Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sphyre posted:

I get that you're feeling all sassy and MDT posting again now that Ole has you back where you belong (fighting for top 4) but how is the refs being 'poo poo and wildly inconsistent' in a title deciding match not something to complain about?

All you do is loving complain about your club’s perceived injustices. If Liverpool end up winning the league(they won’t) you’ll probably complain about the trophy not being shiny enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Sphyre posted:

the guy who was sperging out over fans saying 'we' is being a pedant? you hate to see it!

Love you too,

go my liver in a pool of alcohol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
What a nice game of excellent football and even better refereeing.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I am a BoomBust Nut. EvilHawk is not.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Nottherealaborn posted:

Studs up tackle? When is that not a red when actually seen?

every sliding tackle ever is "studs up"

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer posted:

It was a jumping lunge you loving imbecile and rightly sent off for it.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

kcer posted:

That’s not what that means, and you either know that or are an idiot. Most likely both

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

kcer posted:

looks like someone has never played actual football lol

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

kcer posted:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bundy posted:

It was a jumping lunge you loving imbecile and rightly sent off for it.

he won the ball, bernardo wasn't even very close when he went for it, it wasn't overly reckless, it's not a red card, you loving imbecile

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Lmao what a weird hill you've chosen. I honestly can't tell how someone with working eyes and a brain.... Ooohhhh.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

cast your apparently working eyes and brain over that and tell me in what loving world it's a red card

kcer fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 15, 2019

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
LOOK AT THE SHADOW

of the african player sadio mane

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

kcer posted:

cast your apparently working eyes and brain over that and tell me in what loving world it's a red card

Here's a clue for you: winning the ball isn't the only thing that determines whether a tackle is clean or not.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Also conveniently doesn't show the jump into the tackle nor the force with which he goes in.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Freeze frames of tackles are dumb as you can decipher anything from them.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Even the Wolves manager said it was a red.

I'm having trouble finding a clip, would appreciate if anyone has one that shows the jump into the tackle.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://streamja.com/00da

See for me, thats very similar to the Kompany tackle on Salah, the only difference is is the contact that was made.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Thanks!

Imagine seeing that last angle and thinking "hmm yes, good clean tackle :thunk:"

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
It is similar to Kompany's, except Kompany is off the floor and stabs out a good 6 inches off the floor and isn't guaranteed to even get the ball--it's obviously reckless and should have been a red. Salah has to jump over it and even then gets clipped a little.

Boly on the other hand is getting there first all day (and does), eyes on the ball, doesn't lash out, foot is barely off the floor, on the floor when he gets the ball, etc etc etc.

It's just not a red card. Apart from your heart breaking at Silva rolling around on the floor for all of 20 seconds, I just dunno what you're seeing that makes you think it deserves a red

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

kcer posted:

It is similar to Kompany's, except Kompany is off the floor and stabs out a good 6 inches off the floor and isn't guaranteed to even get the ball--it's obviously reckless and should have been a red. Salah has to jump over it and even then gets clipped a little.

Boly on the other hand is getting there first all day (and does), eyes on the ball, doesn't lash out, foot is barely off the floor, on the floor when he gets the ball, etc etc etc.

It's just not a red card. Apart from your heart breaking at Silva rolling around on the floor for all of 20 seconds, I just dunno what you're seeing that makes you think it deserves a red

Just stop dude, its a reckless tackle and he almost breaks Silvas ankle. More times than not, its the follow through that garners the red card not the ball contact.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 15, 2019

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

kcer posted:

Shouldn’t you be focusing this energy on moaning about Ashley?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

Shouldn’t you be focusing this energy on moaning about Ashley?

please refer to my posts in the monthly thread re: Mike Ashley

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

kcer posted:

Couldn’t give a gently caress about Silva or City or Wolves. Still a (super obvious) red card.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer posted:

I just dunno what you're seeing that makes you think it deserves a red

I've been trying to direct your attention to it. The last angle in that clip shows him leaping off the ground before the foot lunges in studs up. It doesn't matter how easily he gets there first, his force and follow through puts him in a position that's endangering his opponent which is exactly why it's a red.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I can't tell you the difference between an honest tackle and a bad one, but I know a bad tackle when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thassa red