Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You died. How?
Ion Cannon
Crushed to death by rubble
Listened to one-to-many briefings from Sheppard
Consumed by Commander Rapter
View Results

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if as a kid I ever realized that the first civilian is there to show you that Tesla Coils will mess you up, and the second one comes in to show you that without power the coils are mostly harmless. Something tells me that no, I did not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only rules.ini "modding" I ever did was for some really old PopCap where I set all the enemies to die in one hit when I got tired of the game and just wanted to see the end.

However, in regards to Westwood games, the first "cheat" I ever did as a kid was in Dune 2 actually. I found out that by randomly deleting lines in the save file I could almost always have whatever mission I was in go into auto-victory once loaded up. That's how I saw all the endings cause as bad as I am with RTS games today, I was beyond help as a kid.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

evilmiera posted:

Same. The cutscenes being b-movie quality was fine, but going into the super whacky meant they lost range and impact.

So just open up the rules.ini and change them to your liking :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tithin posted:

I've still got page 9&10 to browse but no, not true - (at least as of the PSX version) - Guard Dogs were a soviet only build, that came from the kennel. Kennels only produced good boys who caught nasty spies.

You should link to some good videos of RAMP then!

Or don't at least until both campaigns are over so there's no unit/building spoilers.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't really make much sense. Vehicles can be transported even though their crew is supposed to be in danger because of the effects, also the tests were on boats but you can't transport boats. Maybe land vehicles are AI-controlled?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

UED Special Ops posted:

Well, maybe the whole issue is up-scaling and intent. The Chronosphere that can transport units is quite different then what Einstein used to time assassinate Hitler. Heck, maybe with the timeline changed, the device used to time travel might have just also disappeared as it would not have been built in a Hitlerless timeline. In any case, the experiments being done in the mission was to make it safe (or at least safer) to transport larger things and keep the crews from disappearing/being fused into the vehicle/boat. And you can use the Chronosphere on ships.

Really? I thought Jobbo said you can't. Maybe he just said they can't be transported to land and I misunderstood.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I gotta tell you, Stavros being Solaire is one twist I didn't see coming.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
tbh, I think there's only one unit that isn't expendable. You know which one I mean of course.

:woof:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Gradenko specifically says "But I don't see my name here" when he's drinking with his best friend in the world Stalin.

Maybe he was too drunk to realize that was a list of the generals that'll be left after the culling.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How dare you suggest Gradenko would ever make a mistake!

We know he made at least one.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a world where Tesla's stuff actually worked, the Soviet having his tech isn't that farfetched in comparison.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thetruegentleman posted:

Tesla emigrated to the US before Hitler was even born, and if his bizarre weapon ideas actually worked, the US military would have been the ones to claim them. The Soviets might have stolen the plans or eventually kidnapped Tesla, but the US would still have most of his stuff.

Okay but maybe a world where physics allow the Tesla Coil to be feasible is a world where historically Tesla lived his whole life in eastern Europe.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually Einstein had to put his mind inside a robot to be able to travel through time safely. Like Ness!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remembered Kane took over at the end when he was pointed out the first time, but I forgot the exact context. I probably should have expected it to be that way.

Weirdly I was sure he had more to say, maybe my faulty memory attributed Nadia's lines to him.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What are you guys talking about? The esteemed commander has always lead the Union.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thetruegentleman posted:

That's right, GDI was created to fight GIANT ANTS.

E D-wait wha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I mean if you're posting about content from games that haven't been shown yet I'd say it's safe to assume it'll be squarely in spoiler territory.