Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You died. How?
Ion Cannon
Crushed to death by rubble
Listened to one-to-many briefings from Sheppard
Consumed by Commander Rapter
View Results

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

1995 – Command & Conquer COMPLETED!
1996 – Command & Conquer – The Covert Operations (+Sole Survivor content) COMPLETED!
1996 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Maybe I'm blind but when did Sole Survivor happen? I don't see it in the episode index in the last thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The Ford Pinto has nothing on that car in the end.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Thotimx posted:

And then there's the whole idea that these bases would have tons of explosives just waiting to be set off at the slightest misplaced/properly placed round of ordnance. Everything else so far - various base buildings, harvesters, dogs, defensive structures/wires, infantry, vehicles, etc. - at least has defensible argument for it being there.
You speak as if accidentally turning military installations into enormous bombs isn't a thing that happens in real life.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Von Esling seems to have a fairly good understanding of what an atomic bomb is so I don't think that the Allies had no interest in it but are limited in their own development because the Manhattan Project is half a dozen Nobel laureates short of it's historical roster without Nazi Germany to drive all the world class physicists out of Europe.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

nielsm posted:

I think the large power plants in-game are supposed to be nuclear plants, but don't remember where I read that.
You're thinking of a different game.

AJ_Impy posted:

Counterpoint: All those world class physicists are with the Allies.
Which is why the Allies know what an atomic bomb is and does but without all those scientists being herded to one place from 1933 onward and with our boy Albert being too busy with his Chronosphere to write the Einstein-Szilárd Letter telling Roosevelt about the possibility of the bomb, rounding them all up and putting them to work on the Manhattan Project would happen significantly slower than in our reality. Also the easternmost of those physicists such as Teller, von Neumann, Ulam, Wigner and Szilárd might've been captured by the Soviets before they had a chance to flee, further slowing down the Allied nuclear program and speeding up the Soviet one.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
There's quite a lot of thought put into the cutscene direction in the way that a character's initial reaction tells a story in it's own way. I've said it before in the Tiberian Dawn thread how everybody in the fake news room takes cover even before Kane shoots the camera, indicating that they know what's coming.

In this mission, Gradenko's first reaction upon noticing something wrong with his throat is to try and induce vomiting and when that fails, crawl over to the commander for help because he pretty much immediately deduced that he's been poisoned and that Nadia is the one who did it. In turn, Kukov's response to seeing Nadia with a corpse draped over the mission table is to correctly assume that A. she's the one who put it there B. she overstepped departmental borders doing so. From that we can conclude the this is a not all that uncommon event in the Kremlin.