Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You died. How?
Ion Cannon
Crushed to death by rubble
Listened to one-to-many briefings from Sheppard
Consumed by Commander Rapter
View Results

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
gently caress Yeah Hell March! :black101:

This is probably the most nostalgic game there is for me, it being, as far as I can remember, the first videogame I bought for my own money.
I still listen to Hell March from time to time when I'm driving.

And the sound of Einstein's machine that plays when the Westwood logo appears still gives me goosebumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Wait, they still do it? I thought videogameviolence censorship was over by 2010...

e: Actually, thinking of Germany and being silly, anyone knows if there's any history behind the German blurb in Hell March? IIRC it's something along the lines of "weapons ready" but still seems awfully random.

This is what I've been able to find.

C&C Wiki posted:

The commander's shout was a sampled voice Klepacki discovered and found appropriate for the track. While it is not known what exactly he is saying, the most common theory is that it is "Die Waffen, legt an!" (translated as a command to ready weapons in German).

The article also mentions that Klepacki composed Hell March in a single day while working on Covert Operations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its interesting to see that, even in Red Alert 1, the bad guy is crushed by rubble. Maybe they were going for a theme, or maybe it's simply coincidence? :shrug: Suffice to say, I love how this cutscene plays out, and, knowing it has absolutely no connection whatsoever, I get some Samir Duran vibes off of Barry Kramer.

I don't remember General Sheppard being crushed by rubble? :confused:

I hadn't though about it, but now that you say it, yeah I agree with the Duran vibe.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

UED Special Ops posted:

Westwood was too good for this world.
Seeing the Westwood logo pop up during startup with that iconic chronosphere sound will always be bittersweet for me.

It may be a fool's hope, but I'm hoping they keep the Westwood logo in the remaster for old times sake.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Nothing gets Stalin hard quite like wiping out Polish villages.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Hey gang, sorry about the delay but I've had a heck of a time getting some commentary recording sessions in but I'll try to get the next one out ASAP.
Stalin is sending Yaks to your home town as we speak.

Joking aside, you kept a blistering pace through TD.
Slow updates are better than you burning out in the middle of Tiberian Sun or something.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

I like that the computer whish us a nice day. Very polite.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

I love Gradenko with the power move of not moving from Stalin's chair, Stalin being too chocked by the video to notice, and finally stealing Kukov's chair for the rewatch. :allears:

Also, since there's only three chairs, and Gradenko and Kukov has been seen using the same one, I wonder which of them has priority on the chair. Or if they share it. :v:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ah, but as has been posited in the thread, its possible that the Chronosphere only teleports people or things. The vast amount of power required to move even a small object, not to mention the potential side effects of using such technology, would be far too dangerous for anyone to have control over, thus the Chronosphere project was quietly shelved. Gap generator tech would also be shelved, as an Allied victory means the need to keep entire areas hidden from the enemy would now be functionally useless.
If Einstein in the game is the same Einstein that went back in time, it's entirely likely that he recognise just how hosed up the timeline got from erasing Hitler, and removed any time travel capability from the Chronosphere to stop the timeline from being even more hosed up.
I'd argue that the Gap generator tech ends up in Nod's hands where it forms the basis for Nod stealth tech as seen in the Stealth Tank.

Broken Box posted:

I can't believe Kane isn't loving dead.
:five:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Don't wanna step on your toes here Jobbo_Fett, I saw you had posted in the thread already, but it seems there's still people strewn about across this site who aren't aware, so...

Long story short, lowtax is broke as poo poo and has been repeatedly hosed by the US healthcare system.
Post by the taxman himself here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884184&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post493257410

So why am I posting this here? Well, I'm loving this LP, and I don't want the forums to keel over before it's finished.
Again, I don't want to step on any toes here, so I'll edit this out if you want me to Jobbo. But if any of you lovely people reading this thread has some spare change knocking about, consider giving a few bucks to help pay off lowtax's lovely metal spine.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also someone posted an Overwatch cookbook in a different thread and now I want one for Command and Conquer

The first recipe? Brotherhood of Cod :v:
From God to Kane to Seth to the table.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Also,

Delicious Tea!

Make an impression on your guests with this killer beverage!

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

The real joke mission is the Tiberium poisoning we got along the way.

:rip: Commander Carter

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

It is a little neat that NOPE NOPE NOPE
Uh, dude?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

NO SPOILERS!

:siren:

NONE. I DON'T CARE WHAT ITS ABOUT.

Once again, lets NOT have spoilers, and do a better job at it then the last thread. Some folks haven't played this game, and for others it isn't fresh and there are gaps in who knows what.

Seriously, do not talk about what has not been seen!

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

For most of us, sure.
Jobbo still made it pretty clear: don't talk about what haven't been shown yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Oh man I'm pumped for TibSun.
I missed that one back when it was current and never really got into it afterwards.