Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You died. How?
Ion Cannon
Crushed to death by rubble
Listened to one-to-many briefings from Sheppard
Consumed by Commander Rapter
View Results

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

UED Special Ops posted:

Ok, looking it up, there are actually a surprising number of changes:

Light Tank: Mammoth Tank shots
Medium Tank: very fast firing
Artillery: greatly increased range
V2 Rocket Launcher: nuclear missile warhead, decreased range?(no mention of range down but looked that way in the video)
Heavy Tank: Tesla Coil, possibly lower HP/no or light armor rating?(again, no mention, but the Heavy Tanks melted to almost any attack in the video)
Rifle Infantry: Pillbox machine gun
Rocket Soldier: double shot
Grenadier: firebombs
Flamethrower: double shot
Mammoth Tank: cannons replaced with flamethrowers, missiles unchanged

Various units also had price changes, like the Heavy Tank being 1500, and Rifle Infantry being 200. Was not able to find if Allied units also had price changes nor the stats of the unique "boss" unit guarding the Chronosphere, although at a guess I would say they would be similar if not the same as Volkov based on how much damage the unit took. Looking at things, the Soviet side only has one explosive weapon, the Mammoth Tanks' missiles and getting it to use those is pretty finicky, so good luck shooting down those trees blocking off a shortcut to the northern ore patch.

I played through it, pretty sure the Allied Arty is using the Cruiser cannon- longer ranged, sounds different, and it does that 'shells land beyond the target' thing Cruisers do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

AFAIK, you can easily select units that are airborne by click-dragging over them. Discovered that after the helipad bug happened to me, where choppers would refuse to land. In TD, unless you've already selected the unit before it took off, it will flit over the helipad for the rest of time. In RA, click drag select, command it to fly away then back to the pad.

So yeah, you probably can control that Chinook at the start

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

He could at least buy you something with alcohol :colbert:

This is why Topolov is the better General

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

France gets a ROF buff because they have a hardon for autoloaders maybe? I dunno

USSR was basically cheating in skirmish/MP. 10% discount on everything can be huge