Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
The only time I've ever been to church was when I got tricked into going to youth group by school friends. It wasn't really all that Jesus-y., we spent most of the time playing dodge ball. and then the young hip youth pastor talked about how Jesus was probably arab and not a pasty white dude which was surprisingly progressive I guess. Then he played some christian rock song on a boombox and everybody sat there with their eyes closed listening to it, I closed mine out of politeness. It was pretty chill and the people were nice but not my cup of tea.

I also walked into a big ol' echoey Catholic cathedral in Ireland where they were all chanting some kind of Latin hymn. It creeped me out so much that I immediately RAN out just seconds after I entered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm not a ChurchMan but I do go into them if I'm on a holiday and there's an impressive one nearby. Architecture is neat and some of them can look real badass

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Who is that handsome guy that looks like Chris Cornell in all those stained glass windows?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

At chapel in 7th grade we had a misionary speak and she told us masturbation is sex with the devil.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

At chapel in 7th grade we had a misionary speak and she told us masturbation is sex with the devil.

You mean I can't even please him? :smith:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Homo Simpson posted:

Learned so much, it was just unbelievable.

13 more priests in my city were arrested today.....wait a minute

TUNAFISHING 87
Dec 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
My breath is offensive to my wife; I am loathsome to my own family. - Job 19:17

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

TUNAFISHING 87 posted:

My breath is offensive to my wife; I am loathsome to my own family. - Job 19:17

Mark 3:7 New International Version (NIV)
Crowds Follow Jesus

7 Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the lake, and a large crowd from Galilee followed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think that, as the Son, Jesus is less powerful than God Himself and therefore we need the intervention of the Father in order to be saved.

*starts civil war*