Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The second season of Celebrity Big Brother starts January 21st on CBS. This will serve as both the spoiler and episode discussion thread.

This is both the Spoiler and Episode discussion thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

Coming after the successful(?) first season of Celebrity Big Brother which saw things like BB super-fan Shannon Elizabeth flame out, Omarosa dish on her time in the Trump White House, and two BB fans make final 2, it's time to revisit a house full of B-List (let's be real here, C-List or D-List) celebrities.

What is Big Brother? Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 14+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of cash prize. Celebrity Big Brother follows the same format, but in a compressed filming and airing format.

The 80+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Julie Chen-Moonves will supposedly return to host this season, even though she has moved away from many of her CBS-related functions due to the sexual misconduct controversies surrounding her husband, former CBS CEO Les Moonves.

Interested in seeing the true story of Celebrity Big Brother 2?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Jokers Updates
Online Big Brother

CBS also will provide live streaming HD coverage through CBS All Access.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

If your cable provider offers Pop you'll be able to watch "Big Brother After Dark" for two hours every night from 12:00-2:00 AM ET/PT seven days a week. This is another source for live feed viewing, sometimes offering different angles or a better viewing experience for that time window.

http://poptv.com/big_brother_after_dark

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

FAQ:

Q - I bought CBS All Access and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother now added to CBS All Access, in addition to the feeds you'll now also have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $5.99 per month. If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that it appears the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/celebrity-big-brother/

Celebrity BB Season 2 Cast:

Jonathan Bennett - 37, Actor/host
Tamar Braxton - 41, Singer/TV personality
Kandi Burruss - 42, Singer/TV personality
Tom Green - 47, Comedian
Lolo Jones - 36, Olympic track and bobsled star
Kato Kaelin - 59, Actor/host
Joey Lawrence - 42, Actor/producer
Ryan Lochte - 34, Olympic medalist in swimming
Dina Lohan - 56, "Momager"
Natalie Eva Marie - 34, Former WWE wrestler/actress
Anthony Scaramucci - 55, Former White House Director of Communications/financier
Ricky Williams - 41, Former NFL superstar

Air Dates:

Monday, Jan. 21 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition (Season 2 premiere)
Tuesday, Jan. 22 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
Wednesday, Jan. 23 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
Friday, Jan. 25 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
Sunday, Jan. 27 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition

Monday, Jan. 28 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
Wednesday, Jan. 30 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
Saturday, Feb. 2 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition

Monday, Feb. 4 9/8c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
Thursday, Feb. 7 9/8c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
Friday, Feb. 8 8/7c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition (2-hour episode)

Monday, Feb. 11 9/8c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
Wednesday, Feb. 13 9/8c: Big Brother: Celebrity Edition (Season 2 finale)

Eviction 1:
HOH: Power Pair (Ryan + Jonathan)
HOH VS: Ryan VS Jonathan - Ryan wins HOH, Jonathan automatically nominated
Nominations: Jonathan + Anthony & Tom
Veto: Ricky (Not used)
Twist: Anthony reveals he was never a Houseguest(?) and declares there's now a second veto competition(?) and Ryan now has to nominated a replacement - Kandi
Mooch's Veto: Kato (Used on Tom, replaced with Joey)
Final Nominess: Jonathan VS Kandi VS Joey
Eviction: Jonathan (6-1-0)

Eviction 2:
HOH: Kato
Nominations:
Veto:
Final Nominess:
Eviction:

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

This is looking like it might be pretty decent? I mean, Lolo was crazy on The Challenge Champs vs Stars spinoff. Really competitive. Also, I know who nearly all these people are except Jonathan Bennett. and I guess Natalie Eva Marie. So that's good.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Anthony Scaramucci... Jesus Christ :psyduck:

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Professor Shark posted:

Anthony Scaramucci... Jesus Christ :psyduck:

If history is any indicator, he will be first out.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Cast seems older than usual for BB.
Tom Green's whole shtick is being annoying so he'll be interesting to watch.
Going to choose Kato Kaelin as my winner pick, since he is best known for living rent-free in someone else's house without being directly involved in the residents' domestic drama.

Strapping in for the impending 2 months of fireworks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That's gotta be the oldest Big Brother cast in the history of Big Brother?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I think so. No 20-something Insta-models/singers or anything.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Binary Logic posted:

Cast seems older than usual for BB.
Tom Green's whole shtick is being annoying so he'll be interesting to watch.
Going to choose Kato Kaelin as my winner pick, since he is best known for living rent-free in someone else's house without being directly involved in the residents' domestic drama.

Strapping in for the impending 2 months of fireworks.

Modern Tom Green is pretty different - he's pretty drat grounded and he's a standup now (which he was previously before he stumbled into the Tom Green show). He is also a rapper so let's hope we get some rapping.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"I need someone to be the brains to my brawn. Jonathan knows a lot about cupcakes so he must be smart"
-Ryan Lochte.

Jonathan the "super fan" then immediately proceeds to go full Shannon Elizabeth.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 22, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
How bad was the first episode?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SalTheBard posted:

Tom Greene was better than I expected.
Episode was entertaining because a lot of activity is packed into that 1st hour. And there are a lot of strong competitive personalities.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

“JulieBot”

So close, Mooch

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

It'll be better than the Ross/Marissa trainwreck from last year.
I gave up on that poo poo quick.

This cast has the potential to not be complete cocksockets, but they will as they always do.

I kinda want Anthony Scaramucci to survive the week.

Jonathan Bennett is just gonna name drop LiLoh all Summer and protect her Mother Hen.
He's also well entrenched so he ain't going anywhere soon, unfortunately.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Robnoxious posted:

It'll be better than the Ross/Marissa trainwreck from last year.
I gave up on that poo poo quick.

This cast has the potential to not be complete cocksockets, but they will as they always do.

I kinda want Anthony Scaramucci to survive the week.

Jonathan Bennett is just gonna name drop LiLoh all Summer and protect her Mother Hen.
He's also well entrenched so he ain't going anywhere soon, unfortunately.

I kinda want Scaramucci to only survive for half a scaramucci, which would be 5 days.
He isn't going to dish out any WH secrets like Omarosa did, and seems stuck in the 1987 of the movie Wall Street.

And Jonathan/Lochte could be a bigger train wreck than Ross/Marissa.

Lochte: Jonathan I'm counting on you to be the brains of this alliance, so who should I put up on the block with you?
Jonathan: Uh I don't know you have to make that decision yourself.

:discourse:

Was surprised he didn't put up Joey, he seems to be wandering around the house just doing his own thing.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 23, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Yeah I felt like Joey was a better pick than Tom.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Felt like an odd edit with Tom going up after the Joey bashing. Nice to have a comedian on the show, hope he sticks around. Julie is still the worst.

Tamar and Kandi fireworks were starting on the feeds last night. Casting definitely had an angle there and they are probably playing into it.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
It's odd to me that the main 3 people who are one-note confessional people (mean girls, white house, one ball) are all on the block. I mean I hope Tom survives since he's the one of those three who I think could troll the other celebrities, which really is what we should all be rooting for, but he seems like a bit of a man on an island so I fear for him.

I haven't watched any feeds yet though, or read spoilers, so hopefully the mooch is on his way out.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Did Ricky Williams find a secret room he can toke up and do yoga in? Where was he last night?!

bathhouse posted:

Felt like an odd edit with Tom going up after the Joey bashing. Nice to have a comedian on the show, hope he sticks around. Julie is still the worst.

Tamar and Kandi fireworks were starting on the feeds last night. Casting definitely had an angle there and they are probably playing into it.

I'd love if Scaramucci is voted out and during his exit interview with Juliebot, asks about her husband or maybe, "If Les is looking for work, let him know he'd be a good fit for the Trump White House".

ps: Is CBB going to be on 4 nights per week all the way through?

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 24, 2019

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

TMZ just reported that Mooch left pre vote?

Edit: Yep, he left

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/anthony-scaramucci-exits-celebrity-big-brother-davos-1178265

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 24, 2019

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
I have CBS All Access thru Prime Video. Does anyone know if it's possible to watch the live feeds there? I can't find it anywhere on the app.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Find the Big Brother section in the "Shows" on the app and there should be like a row for the feeds under latest episodes and before past seasons. Something like that.

I know its there from the main season but I also know its kind of a pain in the rear end. CBS app isn't very good.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Lame for Mooch to already be out, not that I actually like that guy but I kind of appreciated the odd Kato, Tom and Mooch alliance.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

STAC Goat posted:

Find the Big Brother section in the "Shows" on the app and there should be like a row for the feeds under latest episodes and before past seasons. Something like that.

I know its there from the main season but I also know its kind of a pain in the rear end. CBS app isn't very good.

Got it! My wife and I thank you.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Holy poo poo I love Tamar.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I haven't watched BB in years but I decided to give this season a try because of Joey...
-Scarmucci is hilariously terrible and I'm sad he's already gone
-I love Tom Green but I haven't decided if him constantly talking about Trump is funny or annoying
-I'm not hating Lochte and I don't know how I feel about that
-Every time they refer to Lolo I think they're talking about Lohan
-Loving Kato
-Holy poo poo Tamar is one of the most awful, annoying people in existence

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tom "I got one testicle" Green

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Shneak posted:

Holy poo poo I love Tamar.

SteveVizsla posted:

-Holy poo poo Tamar is one of the most awful, annoying people in existence

Aw, it's Big Brother.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

WTF was this Mooch twist. Cover story for a quit? Really just a temp thing which they kind of just dropped the ball on? So weird.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Is this the episode discussion and spoiler thread?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Both, these short seasons don't really call for separate threads, they hardly get any discussion as it is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Teek means I don't watch the feeds and write a million words.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

For your sanity, good. But I do love your thoughtful write ups.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Go Tom Green.

Someone please kill tamar.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
That HAD to be a quit that they spun into a twist. I don't care what CBS says, there is no way they'd convince me otherwise. They told us about the saboteur, they told us about America's player, why would they not play this up if it was real?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

One theory on Rhap was that doing it this way caused way more publicity than announcing that he was a limited engagement the whole time. So CBS gets a ton of "What's going on with Anthony Scaramucci in Big Brother?" news articles that otherwise would never have happened.

Mooch did an interview which came out after last nights episode where he said he and CBS had a planned set date that he was going to be leaving, apparently for the Davos conference, and it was just up to CBS about how they wanted to play it out.

The Mooch veto was very simple, but it still looks like it would have taken some doing to create and get printed out. So to me that seems to align with it being planned.

The whole week was just a mess though, Ryan had to nominate most of the house.

In other news, Kato won the HOH endurance competition last night.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 26, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SweetJahasus posted:

That HAD to be a quit that they spun into a twist. I don't care what CBS says, there is no way they'd convince me otherwise. They told us about the saboteur, they told us about America's player, why would they not play this up if it was real?

Agree. There was no reason to keep it secret from viewers. And if he was gong to leave there would have been some oddities or pranks for him to play. on the players

There's only 12 contestants (11 if you exclude Scaramucci) and 5 have already been up on the block in the 1st week: Jonathan, Scaramucci, Kandi, Tom Green, Joey, That's crazy.

Lolo Jones is a fascinating character to me. High level competitive athlete, yet also fragile and temperamental.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 26, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I kind of disagree. From above, he was already gone when the feeds went online. Seems like they would have had enough time to spin it up as a twist, whenever they wanted. So holding off until Eviction night, seems likely to be something they were planning all along.

Also, it really trips me up whenever they just say Tom.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not watching so I have no real idea but it doesn't seem implausible to me that CBS wanted to capitalize again on the Omarosa buzz from last year so were determined to get a Trump person in the house even if it meant some nonsense of letting him leave after a few days. It was a payday for the scum sucking con man and it created buzz for the evil corporation and an internet that loves the scum sucking con man for some reason.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They shoud make every week 1 of big brother require the HOH to nominate half the house through twists and nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I really am not trying to say this in a mean way, but its super obvious Tamar has some mental health stuff going on and coupled that with the circle of yes man she probably has in her life has really hosed with her personality. I hope she gets the counselling or medication she needs after this show.