Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most anticipated new feature
Support for direct neural interface controls
Custom formable internet subculture system
Special mechanics for the Avocado Wars
Province destruction mechanics
View Results

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Eimi posted:

V is a documentary! Do not believe their lies! The ancients were right!

I'm glad the poster who was racist against the Reticulans caught a probe, but are we just going to let this go? I know the fighting on Alpha Draconis has been over for a few years, but the separatist colonists there love to pretend that conflict between humans and reptiloids goes back centuries.

Everyone points to the Ickean Gospels as proof that pre-Cataclysm Earth knew about the reptiloids, but David Icke first appears in the historical record only from some social media fragments from the 2070s. That is decades after he was supposedly dead. Every monarch that's been cloned from that period has turned out to be 100% homo sapiens as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm glad the poster who was racist against the Reticulans caught a probe, but are we just going to let this go? I know the fighting on Alpha Draconis has been over for a few years, but the separatist colonists there love to pretend that conflict between humans and reptiloids goes back centuries.

Everyone points to the Ickean Gospels as proof that pre-Cataclysm Earth knew about the reptiloids, but David Icke first appears in the historical record only from some social media fragments from the 2070s. That is decades after he was supposedly dead. Every monarch that's been cloned from that period has turned out to be 100% homo sapiens as well.

Oh yeah, total revanchist propaganda. Honestly even at smaller scales, Paradox buys into this crap all the time, setting up ethnic groups and conflicts as if they were eternal even when it makes no sense, like having "Tiberian" as a full ethnic group going back to the Roman Republic or "Canada" as independent from the USA and fighting hot wars with them pre-2024.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
is it just me or are drones OP? I feel like "dispose of vassal" attempts barely ever work, except when you use a drone it always works and you your reputation doesn't even goes down much

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

StealthArcher posted:

Instructions followed, somehow China or US nuked the planet game skipped 250 years and i got this selection screen.

Guessing these are post nuclear successor states? Is this some sort of hidden game mode?

I'm completely breaking character but that looks really cool what mod is it?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Renaissance Spam posted:

https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/After_the_End_Fan_Fork
ok fine https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1303741106

animist posted:

is it just me or are drones OP? I feel like "dispose of vassal" attempts barely ever work, except when you use a drone it always works and you your reputation doesn't even goes down much

They really are and theres absolutely no consequences for just pushing that drone button as fast as possible.

hobbesmaster has issued a correction as of 06:51 on Jul 11, 2020

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

Doesn't all evidence of the historical Icke imply he was just a racist calling native Earth deep ones "reptiloids" as a slur? His claims against the monarchs are all clear dog-whistles for miscongeniation rhetoric rather than literal claims that they were aliens.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

hobbesmaster posted:

They really are and theres absolutely no consequences for just pushing that drone button as fast as possible.

There is a consequence but it's so deep in the code you have to know what to look for to see it.

Every time you use a drone, your visible stats aren't affected (your BadGuy does go up a little but whatever, it's worth it for the immediate threat being disposed of) but the hypernormalization stat does lower pretty drastically. Usually nobody notices this since most of the nations with the FirstWorld tag have exponentially growing HN but since the Cool Zone expansion there are a bunch of events that can decimate your HN, at which point a couple drone strikes become a death knell for your internal stability and your Rep.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

if you REALLY overuse drones then a few of them might have their loyalty change to the character employing them rather than the state. this can be interesting but ultimately it kind of sucks when part of your drone fleet follows the president home after he leaves office

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

Unlike our jokester friend up there tells you, its a submod for Old World Blues. Not finished yet, but coming along nicely. Hoping to have it playable for people by Septemberish maybe.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think he's a jokester I think he's just dumb

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

No offence but while the American Empire was undoubtedly bad, it was the only empire that ever came close to acknowledging some of of the High Reticulans' crimes like Recticulan Probings of the 20th century. I'm just saying Reticulans are no angels.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Jazerus posted:

if you REALLY overuse drones then a few of them might have their loyalty change to the character employing them rather than the state. this can be interesting but ultimately it kind of sucks when part of your drone fleet follows the president home after he leaves office

Honestly that's a function of your military policies. Like once drones are funded by private entities they are no longer inherited by the next leader. If your War minister has the trait "privatize everything" it turns out the corps own your entire military after a few years.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

sullat posted:

Honestly that's a function of your military policies. Like once drones are funded by private entities they are no longer inherited by the next leader. If your War minister has the trait "privatize everything" it turns out the corps own your entire military after a few years.

Privatize everything is such a hilarious noob trap though.

"Hmm, red means bad so I'd better stop running a deficit, maintenance is a big cost I wonder if I can cut it"

"Haha I'm running an amazing surplus of bucks with no reforms"

"how did I get coup'd by the CEO of Lockheed Martin"

"how is Walmazon fighting them on equal terms"

"WHY DOES FEDEX HAVE NUKES OH GOD"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Doing drone strikes within your own official borders is different than doing them in your puppets or enemy/neutral nations btw. I think sometimes people don't realize that because all the buttons and tooltips are the same when you order them.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Did I found another bug? My country's media is arguing about what amounts to high school mean girls drama about writer censorship or something while a global pandemic has caused the world's economy to melt down? Shouldn't the press be reporting on that?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Dreylad posted:

Did I found another bug? My country's media is arguing about what amounts to high school mean girls drama about writer censorship or something while a global pandemic has caused the world's economy to melt down? Shouldn't the press be reporting on that?

thematically, you can't apply modern notions of media responsibility to the 2000s. mechanically, media stories are chosen randomly from a large internal list - and usually have no relevance to what's actually happening in-game. as it happens, this is a fairly decent simulation of 21st century mass media

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

redleader posted:

thematically, you can't apply modern notions of media responsibility to the 2000s. mechanically, media stories are chosen randomly from a large internal list - and usually have no relevance to what's actually happening in-game. as it happens, this is a fairly decent simulation of 21st century mass media

it's not entirely random, the 'old news' malus means that stories which have generated recently get bumped down. The penalty applies even if they get popped into the news cycle by an event.

Effectively, that means that the RNG news will report about anything BUT current events.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Tunicate posted:

it's not entirely random, the 'old news' malus means that stories which have generated recently get bumped down. The penalty applies even if they get popped into the news cycle by an event.

Effectively, that means that the RNG news will report about anything BUT current events.

Bonus being, this malus' effect is exponentially increased by our old Friend, Hypernormalization.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Doing drone strikes within your own official borders is different than doing them in your puppets or enemy/neutral nations btw. I think sometimes people don't realize that because all the buttons and tooltips are the same when you order them.

Huh. Is it a bug that you can whack your own citizens as long as they're outside your borders and no one cares?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

StashAugustine posted:

Huh. Is it a bug that you can whack your own citizens as long as they're outside your borders and no one cares?

Nah, it's a slider position, high "Decorum" completely shifts unrest quantities in some radical-rear end directions. It's a pretty good slider for a lot of specific run types but it binds your hands in weird ways - basically you can do anything that lacks people who care about it.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i need some advice. i've started a run as canada and so far the first plague is sorta under control, but it's absolutely raging in the plague pit down south. i've closed the border, obv., but now the us is starting to ask about reopening it. and because their leader has the "brainworms" trait each time i decline anything they propose the game makes a roll which can lead to anything from absolutely nothing to tariffs to outright invasion and annexation. and i just got the latter one, so this run's done

is there any way to avoid all this or should i just forget about doing an ironman run as canada?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:56 on Mar 23, 2021

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Tunicate posted:

its also a function of how deep in the propaganda tech tree your nation is. industrial and postindustrial nations have way funnier poo poo like this pop up, but its pretty ahistorical imo.

literally half your country can be held by rebels in the second water war and you keep getting the popup for ‘social media scandal,’. like i get people didnt have any external metacognitive support at that point, but hearing mortars in the distance has gotta impact your priorities even working with 1/3 of a brain.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

So I'm playing as USA, and in the run-up to the First Plague War it seems like there's some sort of weird interaction between the "fascist" leadership trait and the "family kleptocracy" trait where I got the "I;m thinking bout those Beans" malus? Is this some kind of a bug??

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1283221019684110337

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Did they ever patch the CTD error that happened when the USA tag selected mandatory masks?

I just want to see the covid-20 chain play out :smith:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

oh hey this is a neat easter egg

https://twitter.com/JBYoder/status/1284332907356516352

seems to happen when hypernormalization is high enough

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

sincx posted:

You need to rush nukes next time.

Look up CANDU, CIRUS, and Operation Shakti.

Bonus points, refound the CAR, do no reforms and double down with the Somalia Affair Revisited event. Youll eat stab for the time being but just do a massive paradrop with full admittance and youll actively kill off fascist pops in suicide missions.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tunicate posted:

oh hey this is a neat easter egg

https://twitter.com/JBYoder/status/1284332907356516352

seems to happen when hypernormalization is high enough

It could also be actual 23rd century visitors, though they only show up when your disaster intensity is set to the hardest possible difficulty AND you got the worst rolls. At least the devs finally patched them to actually obey the Prime Directive.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Eimi posted:

It could also be actual 23rd century visitors, though they only show up when your disaster intensity is set to the hardest possible difficulty AND you got the worst rolls. At least the devs finally patched them to actually obey the Prime Directive.

I see somebody hasn't rolled the rogue captain event line. You can get a lot of weird world cultures off of it, my favorite is the mafia one.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Complications posted:

I see somebody hasn't rolled the rogue captain event line. You can get a lot of weird world cultures off of it, my favorite is the mafia one.

horse-people supremacy :colbert:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lol there's a whole faction of posters on the paradox exonet who think glitterhoof wasn't even real

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I've always been confused - were furries protohybrid people, or nonhybrids who were aspirational hybrid people, or was the human-animal hybridization actually continuous over that era? I always heard it was lostech between the fall of Middle Kingdom Egypt and the 2200s.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

All of the above. The 2nd gave way to the 1st in the mid 2040s and there was always relic populations from the Middle Kingdom or from populations that fled earth before the collapse of the MK, or from what little bits of the tech survived.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 20:46 on Jul 19, 2020

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
how do you remove the hex from the moon????? my energy stats have just tanked , and i dont even remember seeing an option to research the online coven tech

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Heavy_D posted:

how do you remove the hex from the moon????? my energy stats have just tanked , and i dont even remember seeing an option to research the online coven tech

You need to research at least six tier three technologies on top of the prereqs before the option even gets into the RNG pool.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did... .did these things actually work? Why are they a unit?

https://i.imgur.com/wOYdOf0.mp4

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Paradox made them show up too early, probably as a joke, so the first models look stupid and aren't useful. But once the water wars start, climate turns significantly more arid everywhere, and your government changes to Guzzoline Warlords Confederacy, upgraded models look a lot more like the historical ones and they become really useful for pouring in tons of firepower on bigger, less maneuverable war rigs.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1286585525365768193

what the gently caress is up with the dynamic weather generator paradox. i'm now getting tear gas tornadoes all over the country after i've hit the cool zone crisis.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1286585525365768193

what the gently caress is up with the dynamic weather generator paradox. i'm now getting tear gas tornadoes all over the country after i've hit the cool zone crisis.

do you have supernatural events turned on? sometimes weather witches can spawn if you do and tear gas tornadoes are just the beginning of the pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Jazerus posted:

do you have supernatural events turned on? sometimes weather witches can spawn if you do and tear gas tornadoes are just the beginning of the pain

ironman no mods