Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endro (Short for End Roll) is a new series directed by Kaori (Directed Yuyushiki, worked on Scorching Ping Pong Girls episodes) about a party of adventures that defeat and seal the Demon Lord only for the spell to go awry and send
the Demon Lord back in time to when the heroes were in school. Now the Demon Lord works to get them kicked out of school to prevent the future from happening!

First episode had that Yuishiki comedic timing and the series seems filled with puns and great visual gags. Also Mao is very much in the Satania mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm looking forward to the Legend Of Namori Heroes

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yulia "Yusha" Is A Hero

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Poor mao is going to end up causing the parties magic to backfire because she didnt teach them properly locking her in an endless groundhog reality

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm looking at that poster and I think that blue haired girl was in yuruyuri

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
That was a good 4 minute short. Didn't wait for the after credit scenes though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

I'm looking at that poster and I think that blue haired girl was in yuruyuri

The author of Yuru Yuri is the character designer of the series.

Fair Fai is just oppai Sakurako

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

This was extremely cute!! For some reason I initially had 0 interest in it and then decided to watch on a whim and it turned out the first episode was great??????? Hoping it keeps it up

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm not a huge fan of the character designs, but beyond that, the show is funny and charming.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Meinberg posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the character designs, but beyond that, the show is funny and charming.

There's something off about the character designs. Like they're too generic or on the nose or something despite seemingly being fine at some objective level

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Like they're too generic

They are literally named Hero, Fighter, Sorcerer/Holy something, Mage and Demon Lord.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 15, 2019

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Xelkelvos posted:

There's something off about the character designs. Like they're too generic or on the nose or something despite seemingly being fine at some objective level

if they feel generic then just focus on the parts that stand out, like the skindentation or the skirt with panty windows

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
... Is mage girl Rimuru Tempest? I swear it sounds like the same voice actress.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Inori Minase is very prolific but she is not Rimuru.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Mao's VA also voiced Kate from Zvesda. Pretty spot-on choice there.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
wait a second

if this the demon lord time traveled to the past, then isn't this before the end credits?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

wait a second

if this the demon lord time traveled to the past, then isn't this before the end credits?

New Game+ but the Demon Lord gets the levels!*

*Levels don't help Demon Lord when Mao's schemes are Satania level

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
This is fun so far, and I'm glad Namori is getting to do character design for more stuff.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lost it at the Yusha looting a civilian house in this weeks episode

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Lost it at the Yusha looting a civilian house in this weeks episode

That's what heros do, after all.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Right down to finding someone's raunchy underwear and nonchalantly pocketing it just like Dragon Quest constantly has you do.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chibi-chan got robbed and should of been leader!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Chibi-chan got robbed and should of been leader!

Agreed pretty messed up to have chibi-Chan do all that for nothing

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

That's what heros do, after all.

It's so cliche that even jokes about it are kind of cliche at this point, and despite all that it still makes me laugh.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also, Mei understands that special effects are the key to making a good entrance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOiYXG3NalA&t=10s

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mao's voice has me doing double takes because I keep forgetting she's NOT Nero. And its not even the same voice actress

also loling at mao figuring out the groundhog loop and just deciding to live a normal life

Those frames of that thing awakening as they are being warped out and the fact that their mascot wasn't there in the final fight makes me think theres more time shenanigans at foot.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 20, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Mao's voice has me doing double takes because I keep forgetting she's NOT Nero. And its not even the same voice actress

also loling at mao figuring out the groundhog loop and just deciding to live a normal life

Those frames of that thing awakening as they are being warped out and the fact that their mascot wasn't there in the final fight makes me think theres more time shenanigans at foot.

There was a dragon in the ED so I think Chibi-chan is just gonna get swole as hell and take up her rightful mantle.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I like Blue, but everyone else is kinda boring and cliche. I wanna hear more about that dancer girl and the hat cat instead.

I think I understand my Dungeon World players more now that I say that.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I like Blue, but everyone else is kinda boring and cliche. I wanna hear more about that dancer girl and the hat cat instead.

I think I understand my Dungeon World players more now that I say that.

That's basically how tabletop goes, you come for the heroism but you end up with shenanigans. Oh, the shenanigans...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I would love it if true nature of the time loop becomes increasingly more absurd as more details about the actual series events get revealed. Plus that added a neat sense of mystery to what could have been a pure comedy show.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Chibi-chan gag was a Yuyushiki level aside gag which is a really good sign

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

show good

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I love Mei's lovely puns and DOUYAAA

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Beasteh posted:

show good

I would like this image but with their faces replaced by the statues in Girls Last Tour.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Ep3: Bless these cute idiots

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ep3: Literally what everyone does in an RPG with Side-Quests.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A terrible lack of Mao this episode

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just keep wanting to rewatch Mahoujin Guru Guru the more I watch this show. Endro is fun, but it's pretty slow.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chibi-chan is the true hero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Chibi-chan is the true hero mackerel!