Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

florida lan posted:

this is working out p well for my boss. p sure she's been in the office maybe 10% of days since starting.

hell we even had a retreat to some resort town and she still managed to abscond somewhere the gently caress else for like a day.

Same but my dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

florida lan posted:

this is working out p well for my boss. p sure she's been in the office maybe 10% of days since starting.

hell we even had a retreat to some resort town and she still managed to abscond somewhere the gently caress else for like a day.

leading by example. now follow.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

just don’t show up to work, op

its easier than you think!

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Clients are trying to disrupt my lifestyle by asking me to fly interstate to their office. I've become so accustomed to working from home that I am dreading the thought of having to speak to other people

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s a bad thing mate you’ll start to enjoy the scent of your crotch odour and subsequently embrace smelling like poo poo thinking others like the stink of your balls

is that what you want

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

that’s a bad thing mate you’ll start to enjoy the scent of your crotch odour and subsequently embrace smelling like poo poo thinking others like the stink of your balls

is that what you want

:stare:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

oddly specific

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

echinopsis posted:

is that what you want

my ball stank smell so good 😊

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

is that what you want

i... what

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

is that what you want

hell yeah lookin forward to this

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

echinopsis posted:

is that what you want
i like computers

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

is that what you want

Sir, this is the McDonalds Drive-Thru...

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
The trick with permanent working from home is to go outside at least once a day and work from somewhere that is not your actual home at least a couple times a month.

Go get a coffee each morning, find a meetup that's interesting and work out of a close building before hand. You're a computer toucher not a struggling artist you can afford to keep yourself sane and presentable.

Small price to pay for being able to nap whenever, not have a bunch of nerds poo poo up your bathroom, and have actual downtime when it's slow instead of playing slackoff-but-look-like-I-might-be-working at your desk.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
on the flip side, actual boundaries around when work happens is kind of nice

idk it's been years since i've worked in an office and maybe it'd drive me nuts but :capitalism:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

current job status: working from home

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

psiox posted:

on the flip side, actual boundaries around when work happens is kind of nice

idk it's been years since i've worked in an office and maybe it'd drive me nuts but :capitalism:

I'm working remotely now and hired a space in a shared office near my apartment. Costs a few hundred euros but still cheaper than living where I used to. It'd great can go there, make small talk over coffee and then get some really focused work done.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

same due to minor eye injury. enjoying geese honking sounds as the migrate back and my own comfy chair with good natural lighting

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

these fuckers want to get in and help me work from home by making GBS threads all over the carpet, humping each other on my couch, and fouling up the cat and dog bowls.

it’s not the help I need so the door stays shut

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That's what you get for living on a farm.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
those ducks are cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

obstipator posted:

those ducks are cool

yah

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i need to finish painting my office so I have a desk again, im laptopping on the couch like a pleb

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
Set IM client to available

Open Notepad

Place paperweight on spacebar, to prevent IM from going inactive.

Occasionally change IM status to DND

Marginally better than Homer's yes button bird thing.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

url posted:

Set IM client to available

Open Notepad

Place paperweight on spacebar, to prevent IM from going inactive.

Occasionally change IM status to DND

Marginally better than Homer's yes button bird thing.

good thing you already have the obesity

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

these fuckers want to get in and help me work from home by making GBS threads all over the carpet, humping each other on my couch, and fouling up the cat and dog bowls.

it’s not the help I need so the door stays shut

Literally: extirpation to all geese.

E: Wait, are those ducks? Ducks is comrades.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

theyre ducks

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

they’re aylesbury’s, but those two fuckers parents hosed anything so they could be mongrels

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Agile Vector posted:

same due to minor eye injury. enjoying geese honking sounds as the migrate back and my own comfy chair with good natural lighting

also rip your eye

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

they’re aylesbury’s, but those two fuckers parents hosed anything so they could be mongrels

An fucky ducky.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Schadenboner posted:

Literally: extirpation to all geese.

E: Wait, are those ducks? Ducks is comrades.

:confused:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Geese is poo poo, ducks is cool. Remove all geese providing more niche in which to grow ducks.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i would have guessed pekins cause i only know like 3 duck types

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

just wait until he starts in on cats

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

just wait until he starts in on cats

:shudder:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also rip your eye

thanks. i gotta rub antibiotics into my eye for three more days because of minor chemical abrasions. heck yeah new injury to add to my list of dumb home injuries

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my bitter bi rival posted:

i would have guessed pekins cause i only know like 3 duck types

there is a good chance that they are Pekins, my first guess, but the farmer we got them off said they only had allys and Maggies.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Agile Vector posted:

thanks. i gotta rub antibiotics into my eye for three more days because of minor chemical abrasions. heck yeah new injury to add to my list of dumb home injuries

good thing the government picks up the tab for any accidental injury regardless of fault through ACC.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ducks and their allies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I grew up on a duck farm AMA about picking up eggs covered in poo poo