Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Perplx posted:

I grew up on a duck farm AMA about picking up eggs covered in poo poo

Is ducks gooder than gooses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Schadenboner posted:

pretty much everything is better than a goose

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Perplx posted:

pass

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Schadenboner posted:

the ones we had ran away from you, so yes

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Perplx posted:

Chicken eggs also get covered in poo poo

It all comes from the same hole yknow

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

geese are great for protecting chickens from hawks and some other predators [like man].

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
geese go after hawks? that’s badass.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Geese and chickens are the same thing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

but not ducks? pardon me for saying this but that seems profoundly fri*ked up.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

idk about he hawks in other countries but the native Nz hawks are pretty small and they usually get spooked by grumpy geese.

they’re just a pain when you go and collect eggs from the hens they are unwittingly protecting. we got rid of our geese because their fat tasted so good.

anyway, not working from home today as it is Sunday

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

url posted:

Set IM client to available

Open Notepad

Place paperweight on spacebar, to prevent IM from going inactive.

Occasionally change IM status to DND

Marginally better than Homer's yes button bird thing.

mouse jiggler dot exe

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:jiggled:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
workin from home right now op

I find that I am dramatically more efficient at home but I work shorter hours so my output p/day is about the same

We're moving to a new open plan agile workspace soon and lol if you think I'm going into the office more than a day or two a week

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

abigserve posted:

We're moving to a new open plan agile workspace

gross

why are people still doing this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

poo poo thats what they want to do in our office too. hotdesking with reservable seating, like lol just lol. not only will we fight for parking we can also fight for sitting

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Agile Vector posted:

hotdesking with reservable seating

:cripes:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

;_;

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1116772995203129346?s=21

;_;

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

my irl reaction

pram
Jun 10, 2001
just more justification to wfh imo

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

graph posted:

gross

why are people still doing this

In our org it's very transparently a way to get people to clean up their poo poo. I don't know whether it's true but I reckon someone commissioned a "wasted space" report or something like that and it turned up how many fairly large areas are entirely occupied by IT junk. Rather than dealing with that problem straight up they basically removed all of the areas to store junk, and also made it impossible to store junk on your personal workspace because you don't have one anymore

In reality I think the concept will be eroded in less than a week when people realise the cleaners don't clean the desks or the chairs and everyone that gets in later gets sick of sitting in the shittiest areas

My org is incredibly flexible though and they don't care if you work from home every day as long as the work gets done and you're signed into the phone system so you can take work calls. When most teams are split around the entire country the office is more of a concept than it is a space anyway

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

in our organisation it was a case of it was cheaper to build open plan

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I used to think that but after seeing it there's no loving way they haven't spent at least as much if not considerably more on "open plan" stuff like breakout rooms, meeting rooms, sound dampening, etc than they ever would have with regular cubes or offices

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

it's about space, nothing beats open plan for workers/sq ft

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Anybody working from home today?

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
i've been working from home for about seven months straight

seven months ago i paid a visit to a client's office for a couple hours

they paid for lunch

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I get to work from home again in about 18 months :negative:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hell im working from home today

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i'm working from home, because home is where the heart is. my heart is in the office though, along with the rest of me. checkmate.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

President Beep posted:

i'm working from home, because home is where the fart is. my fart is in the office though, along with the rest of me. checkmate.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

mouse jiggler dot exe

jiggled again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Perplx posted: