Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
We used to have lamb as a treat for dinner, with mint jelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

buglord posted:

How could I forget pigpoopballs existed? I’m a shameful gook unworthy of SA

I’m telling

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My guts really hate lamb for some reason. Always get bad shits shortly after eating it.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

I've seen more people eat quail then I have eat lamb

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

Mutton is not a mainstream meat

what is the most popular fish? i could sub that in for lamb there are no real rules here we're just having fun {you are mostly not voting correctly but that's PERFECTLY FINE it is all VERY CASUAL here we are just HAVING FUN}

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
wait it is just the one guy who has sheep issues [developing]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lol but seriously I posted:

what is the most popular fish? i could sub that in for lamb there are no real rules here we're just having fun {you are mostly not voting correctly but that's PERFECTLY FINE it is all VERY CASUAL here we are just HAVING FUN}
Cod

There's a pretty good book about it: https://www.amazon.com/Cod-Biography-Fish-Changed-World/dp/0140275010

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What about baby lamb veal parmigiana? Little baked cheese on top. Crumbles.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
venison mothafucka

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It's lamb in the US.

Chinatown posted:

thanksgiving food in general is mostly garbage and theres a reason no one eats that poo poo the other 364 days of the year

ham is good though because you end up with a ton of leftovers and make ham sandos for like 2 weeks afterwards

Shut your WHORE mouth, thanksgiving food is delicious. Good turkey is better than ham.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate posted:

Good turkey is better than ham.

ahahaha you loving typed this out and hit "post"

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
thinking veggie sausages can compete just means you've never had a good sausage in you. call me.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My mom hates turkey.

My family and me ate chicken for our last two Thanksgivings.

It was stupid.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

And now that I’m thinking about Thanksgiving, I’m craving more of the kickass oyster sausage cornbread stuffing I made last time.

It was soooooo good but next time I’m gonna cut the sausage and sub more oysters.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

lamb is delicious

ive been thinking for days about making arni kleftiko

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

poverty goat posted:

lamb is delicious

ive been thinking for days about making arni kleftiko

Searching what deliciousness this is led me to

http://goonswithspoons.com/GoonsWithSpoons:About

Wtf man

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
i have made a poll in an unrelated thread i think we are all big enough as people now that we can handle this VOTES FOR MEATS please note that the linked thread is an entirely different thread for the discussion of a totally different issue I have absolute faith that all y'all won't gently caress this up.

Burt Sexual posted:

Wtf man

messed up

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Crusty anybody?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Crusty anybody?

fill the streets

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

lol but seriously I posted:

i have made a poll in an unrelated thread i think we are all big enough as people now that we can handle this VOTES FOR MEATS please note that the linked thread is an entirely different thread for the discussion of a totally different issue I have absolute faith that all y'all won't gently caress this up.

messed up

How do you gently caress up two threads in one night.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

Wtf man

i dunno man, look for a recipe with a bean pot/dutch oven or parchment paper that cooks for a couple of hours, and do it with goat feta, a variety of root vegetables, garlic, oregano, red wine and olive oil. it's delicious

feller
Jul 5, 2006

OP you are dumb af pork chops are the best and way better than bacon or sausage

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Lamb is loving DOPE, son!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYiZeszLosE

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
yeah op doesn’t know how to cook pig. turkey is a genetic abomination that should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

beef is bart chicken is lisa and pork is maggie.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Duck is pretty amazing too, you harlots.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

TheReverend posted:

Duck is pretty amazing too, you harlots.

what foppish dandyland do you live in where duck is a mainstream meat

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Pork chops and hams are both pretty weak. However, bacon. Also, there is a weird meat product I love called Taylor ham or pork roll. Can't get it (Taylor brand it's best) unless you're in the northeast, but it vaguely resembles the flavor of bacon with a bit of a gamey taste.

Chicken and beef are incredible. Let's not forget eggs, milk, & cheese. Kinda makes these two top dog.

I wish lamb was more common stateside.

Venison owns, turkey owns.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Away all Goats posted:

It's lamb out of your choices OP. Nobody eats lamb

But out of the actual mainstream meats, it's probably chicken. I love chicken but its pretty much terrible unless it's been marinated, breaded or fried, preferably all 3. At the very least you want a gravy or some kind of dip to go with it.

bone in skin on thighs are delicious, but most people think the dry rear end white meat is the best part for some reason. My sister will only by boneless skinless breasts and wonders why her kids hate her cooking when she only buys the 'best' cuts.

Turkey is great but it's really only sold seasonally around here, unless you want it processed or ground.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

neato burrito posted:

Foie gras, the most disgusting of the white people food.

Yes. Liver pate.
A delicassy.
Truly it must be disgusting to the goon pallet.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I. M. Gei posted:

And now that I’m thinking about Thanksgiving, I’m craving more of the kickass oyster sausage cornbread stuffing I made last time.

It was soooooo good but next time I’m gonna cut the sausage and sub more oysters.

Just eat like 200 raw oysters instead

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i respect the hell out of goons' unwavering commitment to having the worst goddamn food opinions

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Turkey is a bad meat

Pork owns though. Crackling is loving delicious

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
Roast duck and an apple tart for desert.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Tilapia, the fish you eat when you don't want fish.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Yow!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'd feel really lovely about eating veal, but I feel nothing when I eat lamb. I am a hypocrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Universe Master posted:

Tilapia, the fish you eat when you don't want fish.

Tilapia is wild because it’s a disgusting oily blob yet marketing has convinced middle america that it’s good eating