Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
The Alexa topless segment was there purely because Vince knew lots of viewers would all ragequit after Lashley won the title, and missing out on that is our punishment for not believing 100% in the journey that Vincent Kennedy McMahon wants to take us on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Didn't watch Raw, but those new titles are loving sick!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i miss bray

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Diabolical. They’re going to really regret missing out on less skin than her ring gear shows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That seems like a really, really bad way to write Braun out. Can't you just have Brock injure the guy?

Finn's gonna come out as the Demon and then lose anyway, isn't he,.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shinjobi posted:

finn is gonna bust out the demon and brock will be very scared but he has way more beef than the demon and i think we all know what that means

Have you looked at his trunks

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I like how this match had a spot where Seth Rollins completely no-sold a Doomsday Device and I really hope that was them dogging on Animal for talking poo poo about my girl Becky Lynch.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Aphrodite posted:

Diabolical. They’re going to really regret missing out on less skin than her ring gear shows.

Vince thinks it’s still 1996, is unaware that the Internet exists outside of the WWE Network, and thinks that the mere hint of forbidden flesh constitutes appointment TV of a water cooler show.

Vince also thinks appointment TV and water cooler shows exist in 2019.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry but every time my brain replays BOOM SHAKALOOOO YEAHHH I laugh again.

I'm also sleep deprived, so ymmv

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They are probably building Alexa up to be dumb too since the person knocked, went into the room and got to ~2ft away from her without her noticing while she stared at a wall holding her top to her breasts and then acted confused

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bloodysabbath posted:

Vince thinks it’s still 1996, is unaware that the Internet exists outside of the WWE Network, and thinks that the mere hint of forbidden flesh constitutes appointment TV of a water cooler show.

Vince also thinks appointment TV and water cooler shows exist in 2019.

Vince they’ll just watch a gfy.

I don’t care how fast they watch it!

That doesn’t work if you say gif wrong.

Midnightghoul posted:

They are probably building Alexa up to be dumb too since the person knocked, went into the room and got to ~2ft away from her without her noticing while she stared at a wall holding her top to her breasts and then acted confused

That’s how we all change. Don’t tell anyone it’s a secret.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Those new titles look fresh as gently caress. Very hopeful for another tag team elimination chamber as well, in spite of nothing topping all of New Day in a pod.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
They’re gonna give Finn a belt pillow run so he doesn’t jump ship to AEW/NJPW, aren’t they!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

bloodysabbath posted:

They’re gonna give Finn a belt pillow run so he doesn’t jump ship to AEW/NJPW, aren’t they!
Finn winning would be cool, even if a belt pillow run followed.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Those new titles look fresh as gently caress. Very hopeful for another tag team elimination chamber as well, in spite of nothing topping all of New Day in a pod.

Can't happen, because a lot of them are injured but...
Tag Team Elimination Chamber where the chambers are War Raiders, Heavy Machinery, Bludgeon Brothers, and also all of New Day.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Those are some big boys going into a pod.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They had to get the belt off Dean so he could win the Rumble, Dean vs Finn at Mania.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

so the teams for the ec seem mostly easy (sasha/bayley, tamina/nia, riottttt squad members, 2conics, mandy and sonya I guess) but it feels like there's a gap. I don't think they'd put Lita and trish in... I guess you can stick like, naomi and carmella together.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Procrastinator posted:

so the teams for the ec seem mostly easy (sasha/bayley, tamina/nia, riottttt squad members, 2conics, mandy and sonya I guess) but it feels like there's a gap. I don't think they'd put Lita and trish in... I guess you can stick like, naomi and carmella together.

I had heard that Lita and Trish were basically around (sparingly, obviously) until WrestleMania

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 15, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Outta curiosity, what did you guys think of the reaction when Braun flipped the limo over? Seemed pretty dead to me.

Like, Braun destroying poo poo was the thing that'd always get a pop but.... ...nah.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

VJeff posted:

Outta curiosity, what did you guys think of the reaction when Braun flipped the limo over? Seemed pretty dead to me.

Like, Braun destroying poo poo was the thing that'd always get a pop but.... ...nah.

That’s what happens when you build up a guy as being strong enough to literally tip over ambulances by himself, only to then somehow book him to never win the big one.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I can’t believe Alexa bliss stood butt rear end naked in front of the camera for a solid 45 minutes

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I can’t believe Alexa bliss stood butt rear end naked in front of the camera for a solid 45 minutes

I'm more shocked about how eloquent Otis Dozevic's dissertation was. I never thought quantum physics was so interesting.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the new tag titles look rad as heck but it sucks that they say “women” on them. It’s a white strap and a different design than the dude belts so come on.

I hope we get Demon Finn for the rumble, and I really super extra hope we get more Heavy Machinery tomorrow (and all the drat time. keep them on both brands!)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm going all in on believing with all my heart that Finn is gonna beat Brock and become the new Universal Champion, and I'm gonna be REALLY mad at Vince McMahon if this thing I just insisted on happening in my own head doesn't happen.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
have Braun interfere for Finn to win and then he can have the title reign he never got in a build to a three way at mania

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

I'm going all in on believing with all my heart that Finn is gonna beat Brock and become the new Universal Champion, and I'm gonna be REALLY mad at Vince McMahon if this thing I just insisted on happening in my own head doesn't happen.

Will you accept it if Finn wins after DC distraction/interference?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

It's going to be the same layout as every other "Brock fights a guy smaller than Roman" match. Brock beats up Finn for 10 straight minutes and the announcers get all quiet and suggest Balor should forfeit to protect his health, but then he makes a comeback where he does all of his signature moves on Brock, who then kicks out of his finisher and Balor dies to one F5.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo the most perfect way of doing this is to have Balor lose the match but win the Rumble, then come out as the Demon at Mania and win.

I know Seth's probably winning the Rumble, but, I dunno. He feels cooled off to me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
no one on the men's roster seems over because vince spent years focusing on Roman and now they’re stuck dealing with Vince’s dumb gently caress panic booking decisions made after Roman got cancer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no one on the men's roster seems over because vince spent years focusing on Roman and now they’re stuck dealing with Vince’s dumb gently caress panic booking decisions made after Roman got cancer

Yeah but even beyond that, Seth was kinda over until he ran into this dumpster fire on a Dean feud. Now he's....not.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when roman comes back it should be a tag team of him and samu called men in remission

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vince should hire and push the hottest free agent in wrestling: T-HAWK!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
At the tail end of what should be a blood feud, Rollins and Ambrose gave away the "work together to tackle a larger enemy" spot in a match that they both lost.
:kiss:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I actually thought Raw was pretty good! Otis segment was strange but hilarious, 4 way match was good and I was legit pretty shocked Finn won as I woulda bet money on it just ending in a giant fuckfest where Braun comes in and kills everyone.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Vince probably just heard about the Toni Storm leaked nudes or whatever and told them to write a rib of it on Raw. When he was alerted that she was not on Raw or Smackdown, he told them to just make it with one of the other blonde girls.

As for Braun not getting as big a pop when he flipped the limo, he was just booked to have his Title match taken away immediately before that. And they've already pulled the football away on him numerous times. Their inability to ever pull the trigger on anyone is finally cooling Braun off. At the end of the summer, Braun and Seth were both red hot. Now they both seem like they don't belong in a Wrestlemania Title match. Great job, Vince!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

As for Braun not getting as big a pop when he flipped the limo, he was just booked to have his Title match taken away immediately before that. And they've already pulled the football away on him numerous times. Their inability to ever pull the trigger on anyone is finally cooling Braun off. At the end of the summer, Braun and Seth were both red hot. Now they both seem like they don't belong in a Wrestlemania Title match. Great job, Vince!

I'd also attribute the diminished Braun pop to two things: as soon as you get 8 camera angles you know it's a stunt we've already seen 5 times, and acting so meek in front of Vince, only to act out, break something, and then yell at him once he leaves is so childish it's honestly pathetic.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Don't worry, friend. Vince McMahon has personally promised me that Finn Balor will win the Universal title at the Royal Rumble.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m putting a fiver on Finn winning, so it’s your fault if I lose that bet, Rarity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wazzu posted:

Will you accept it if Finn wins after DC distraction/interference?

On the one hand, I really want Finn to win. On the other I think it would be hilarious if Vince yet again kept the title on Brock, and then Brock got the poo poo kicked out of him by Fat Dad DC in UFC :allears:

Rarity posted:

Don't worry, friend. Vince McMahon has personally promised me that Finn Balor will win the Universal title at the Royal Rumble.

You haven't let me down with a scoop yet, so I'm taken this as a guaran-drat-tee from Vince McMahon himself!