Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, I claimed a n4 cop on gk that failed (cause someone else was there), then Keane claimed to be the other person visiting. It isn't really cause no one else claimed to have visited.

No i meant no one else said they were there, just Keane.

Hmmz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nah I'm doctor and if scum beet withholds the kill I'll vote him tomorrow too.

:ocelot:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My opinion on the matter is that beet is scum unless he gets killed and flips town. If he kills you or Keane I'll still vote him. Nothing could possibly change my mind.

If he's smart he'll murder me because then he has a chance.

I understand.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anyway is there any point dragging this out ? Let's turbo this poo poo.

##vote no lynch

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
One sec

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If I think hambeet is scum (and I do), then I can also believe he's lying about what he can do.

He did his overturn thing and it worked as described, but what if he can do something else to mess with lunches?

I think he was likely to be Max's target, which is why he overturned it. He also threatened to overturn hawke's vote to get geek killed. He was also apparently the one POS was most suspicious of, hence killing him over me and correctly guessing he'd be tracked.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also if beet was town I'd expect him to be pretty darned upset with me for my stance.

I'm basically saying he's damned if he does (kill me), and damned if he doesn't.

Yet he waves it off and says he gets it, and votes to no-lunch quickly.

He may have an ace up his sleeve, and I say we dunk him today.

##vote beet

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

A turbo would be REALLY FUNNY.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

CCKeane posted:

A turbo would be REALLY FUNNY.

lmao

Lets talk this out, we have 20 hours at least. Even if we're scared of something happening (two kills at night) there's no need to rush it because we literally lose if tobbs is scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If I think hambeet is scum (and I do), then I can also believe he's lying about what he can do.

He did his overturn thing and it worked as described, but what if he can do something else to mess with lunches?

How could I overturn a no lynch vote when there is no second candidate?

Or are you just wildly speculating about other powers I may have, which would make me the only player to have more than one power.

quote:

I think he was likely to be Max's target, which is why he overturned it. He also threatened to overturn hawke's vote to get geek killed. He was also apparently the one POS was most suspicious of, hence killing him over me and correctly guessing he'd be tracked.

Nah, Max was an SK and we would be at lylo today (I think, I haven't counted it properly) if he dropped another night kill last night or the previous. He was more of a threat to town than scum. Reducing the number of enemies town has is not an anti town move.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

lmao

Lets talk this out, we have 20 hours at least. Even if we're scared of something happening (two kills at night) there's no need to rush it because we literally lose if tobbs is scum.

Eh, if two kills happen at night, two kills happen at night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well obviously beet only gets lunched if both of you agree. I can't do it myself.

I just don't trust the guy, a bit too eager to end the day with a no-hang.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also if beet was town I'd expect him to be pretty darned upset with me for my stance.

I'm basically saying he's damned if he does (kill me), and damned if he doesn't.

Yet he waves it off and says he gets it, and votes to no-lunch quickly.

He may have an ace up his sleeve, and I say we dunk him today.

##vote beet

Well I've been ignoring your bait today because I didn't want to spell out what I thought you were doing, which was:

- you were lying about a self doc, and
- I thought you had come around on me and you were trying to encourage the scum into wasting a night kill on you while you self doc

Hence me replying,

and

hambeet posted:

I understand.

So if you were doing the above, you've kind of blown it by pushing a vote so good job I guess.

If you weren't trying to do that I guess you've stopped putting effort in.

Or finally, you're scum and panicking, because you've realised you're in a tight spot and trying to push a vote. Town loses nothing by waiting, what's the rush tobbs? What's the rush and risk of a vote on a player at lylo?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

/mylo. Whatever.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol also threatened to overturn hawkes vote? That was a joke. Max capitalised on it and he was the serial killer. You keep interesting company.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If you think I'm scum, vote me. Or don't. We have one lunch left this game regardless.

I think Keane and Toal are town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well obviously beet only gets lunched if both of you agree. I can't do it myself.

I just don't trust the guy, a bit too eager to end the day with a no-hang.

To not potentially waste three irl days without resolving the game, yeah. I am very pro that. But if you wanna wait, we can wait. :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If you think I'm scum, vote me. Or don't. We have one lunch left this game regardless.

I think Keane and Toal are town.

Nah, towns best chance is rolling over to another day. I don't get your sense of urgency to end the game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs are you scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What if the scum...was all of us all along?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
No urgency, just another night doesn't change anything for me.

And I'm town. I'm no master strategist hard-bussing scum b- and withholding NK's to pretend to be a doc. And convincing a scumbro to withhold a jail or jail me anyways or whatever it is you're pretending you think happened.

You've been throwing shade on everyone because you don't know who you'll end up with in LYLO. It's scum strategy and I've called you out on it before.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think Tobbs is scum.

I kinda still don't think beet is scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So here's where I am with beet

Beet had a verifiable, open to the thread ability.

Asiina died when GK visited her, which is against the Rookie cop ability.

We can trust GK was telling the truth.

I don't think beet would have two abilities.

I don't think Tobbs is scum either, his claims were pretty early and claiming doc as the last scum and hoping nobody counters is a risky move.

So I'm left with Toal.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It needs to be unanimous for us to lunch anyways.

Better to get our opinions our, day is only 24 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think Deep Space Nine was the best Star Trek.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

I don't think Tobbs is scum either, his claims were pretty early and claiming doc as the last scum and hoping nobody counters is a risky move.

So I'm left with Toal.

I don't get the Asiina thing. Someone had to have killed him.

Unless scum has a poison? I didn't stop the NK, scum used a delayed kill.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

I think Deep Space Nine was the best Star Trek.

I didn't watch that one, only TNG

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't get the Asiina thing. Someone had to have killed him.

Unless scum has a poison? I didn't stop the NK, scum used a delayed kill.

Right - so I think the scum that killed her had some sort of whacky ability.

I think maybe the tracker was the "real cop" of this game, and like, instead of a godfather, there was a ninja or something.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

George Kansas posted:

My action succeeded on Asiina and it got me a result of not cop aligned so there’s some scum fuckery going on right now

If we are buying into the DETHY POSSIBILITY, which I'm increasingly discarding as the game goes on, then we have:

GK can only be Insane or Paranoid

I can be Insane or Sane

Toal can be Naive or Sane.

Hmmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Here's my list, in order of how I'd vote:

Toal
Beet
Tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

Right - so I think the scum that killed her had some sort of whacky ability.

I think maybe the tracker was the "real cop" of this game, and like, instead of a godfather, there was a ninja or something.

I'm becoming more convinced it was poison. I can explicitly prevent a player from being forced to leave copcon "that night". I could only stop a poison kill on the night of its effects. So GK succeeded because nobody visited. And his scum result on Asiina was real, indicating he was not sane.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

So I'm left with Toal.

Well, I think you're town. And I know I'm town.

You've already gotten a scum result on beet, I know you're not insane. I don't see any way it isn't beet. What Tobbs said about the kills makes sense too, POS was pretty open with his intentions and beet could have anticipated it and killed when it benefited him. You're also saying beet probably didn't have two abilities, but I've been copping people every night. I haven't had time to perform night kills.

I wanted to save this for final three but GK also basically confirmed Tobb's visit to Asiina too right? So he has to be basically telling the truth or not doing anything harmful. So Tobbs probably wasn't scum that withheld the kill, he really was there. I think he's town too.

Tobbs is also right about hitting 3rd party killer, it really isn't that big of a deal with scum. It looks good.

So like it's between me and beet I'm going to vote beet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

No urgency, just another night doesn't change anything for me.

And I'm town. I'm no master strategist hard-bussing scum b- and withholding NK's to pretend to be a doc. And convincing a scumbro to withhold a jail or jail me anyways or whatever it is you're pretending you think happened.

You've been throwing shade on everyone because you don't know who you'll end up with in LYLO. It's scum strategy and I've called you out on it before.

:sigh:

I'm not pretending anything, I was asking questions. I was asking questions and offering ideas to share information in a game where town has an information disadvantage compared to scum. More on the table for town lets town make more informed decisions.

You called me out on it and you were wrong. You still are wrong. I'm doing more for town than tunneling in on one player, to the exclusion of all others, but you can't seem to see that because of this confirmation bias thing that you have going on. Your suspicion is based on literally nothing except me missing a vote, and a result no one else really believed.

Questioning people or hypothesing? No!
Shade throwing!

Voting out b-minus because of his bad use of his role didn't make sense for a town player?
No! Bussing!

Killing the serial killer because they were a threat to town? No! Scared scum!

Verifiable action? No! He has two powers!

What could I have honestly done to prove I'm town, to you, or at least not scum? Because this is probably the most utility I've provided to town, as town, in many a game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Opinions as opposed to shade? Hmm I see how it is. :v:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm becoming more convinced it was poison. I can explicitly prevent a player from being forced to leave copcon "that night". I could only stop a poison kill on the night of its effects. So GK succeeded because nobody visited. And his scum result on Asiina was real, indicating he was not sane.

Lemme think on this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well by the wording "that night" wouldn't it mean the night the poison kills them, not the night they were poisoned, yeah?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sorry I misread, that's exactly what you said.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah whatever, I guess I'm voting based on process of elimination. Tobbs is probably town. Keane is probably sane and town. I'm town.

CCKeane posted:

Lemme think on this.

A hint for you, if there is a poisoner and I was the poisoner I would have been tracked to Asiina n4. But I copped GK with you that night. The existence of one really does explain GK's weird result.

##vote beet

I'm ok with leaving the hammer to Keane. Keane is the closest thing I've ever had to confirmed town imo. Take your time or no lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Lemme think on this.

So insane or paranoid.