Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
i would like to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i dont like cops

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hope there are no cops in this game!!!!!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

hello podima

i too am a cop

sloth cop

would you like a burger

I know you didn’t ask me

but yes I would

please give me a burger sir

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Very well.

Well, very.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

if a post shits in the wood, does it make a sound?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

rip scumalong

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I like how incredibly unchill Max is being in this game, escalating things with every post.

It's like playing with a real life cop! Excellent immersion.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Alas, I've been shot! By Max!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

for whom does the cop cop? it cops for you

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

Anyone here on my level?

Crime stories! The floor is open.

*waits expectantly*

Sorry sir, I’m taking you to jail for doing crimes

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

khediverex is yoshi, its now canon

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This game feels pretty appropriate for a D1 mass claim, imo

Let’s do it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I’m a 👮‍♀️

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

this is me as a cop

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

I think Rex works for IA

!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I've done no crimes lately because, as a cop, I can do no crimes.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

It's only creepy if you're next to each other on every playerlist!

Oh shi

If you two are in a scumdoc without me I'm gonna feel left out :j::arghfist:

This post pings me.

Hmmmmm.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It just feels like you're trying to imitate a town poster!!

it pings me

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote murmurtwin

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

You guys all seem to know each other pretty well already...

I'll just... I'll just stand over here an watch listen make sure the coffee pot's full.

Who wants decaf?

Hello, Prince of Space.

I am but a humble knight. I serve at your pleasure.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

Ah, a Knight of the Bottle. Excellent.

The scales of Justice are in your hand. In one pan weighs your commitment to the state, in the other lies your loyalty to your fellow boys (and girls) in blue.

Which side weighs more heavily?

Certainly my commitment to the state. The King is given his divine right directly from God; to serve anyone else in kind would be blasphème.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

28766f69642a2930 posted:

these votes seem like weird clique stuff which is bad, like anime

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to claim this as a jump start.

I'm a desk cop, I get One (1) investigation...n0. But! The flavor I got seemed to strongly imply I was paranoid so there's that.

Anyway MMT came up scum so do with that what you will.

oh my god

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I picked it because it's almost impossible to combine with the word "scum" in a way that has a nice ring to it.

Not really, my name is an attempt to phonetically reconstruct dongsbot in reverse

oh my god

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hambeet posted:

Idk I was going to ask the same question birdstrike did before I'd seen the next page, and it's a fair question.

:same:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That being said, if you're a cop with odd and consistent flavor, this is a good resource.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cop#Sanities

Like a cop cop, not just a cop. We're all cops here. At copcon.

https://www.samafia.net/wiki/Cop

:colbert:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oh I could swear deadline was tomorrow night, I'm catching up on the thread now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

I don't believe the n0 cop claim. But I don't think the false claim was motivated by scummy intentions. It did start us out with something to actually discuss.

I think reactions to the cop claim are possibly important.

MMT - Thinks the claim could be real. In as much as Keane is paranoid and would return a scum verdict on anyone.

Toal - Thinks the claim could be real.

Max - Thinks the claim could be real.

Asiina - Doesn't believe the claim.

Rex - Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Hambeet - Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Birb- Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Hal- Doesn't believe the claim.

Bminus - Doesn't believe the claim and thinks Keane is suspicious for introducing it.

King Burgandy - Doesn't comment on the claim but steps in to defend Toal.

Tobbs - Doesn't comment on the claim but steps in to say that Keane played his role right by claiming, if that is his role.

Prince of Space - Doesn't comment on whether he believes the claim but pushes for discussion about how to handle it.

BottleKnight - Posts "Oh My God" in reference to the claim. Also posts that he was planning to question Toal about his response to the claim.

Solus - Minimal interaction with the claim except to offer Keane a few questions.

Kashuno - No interaction with the claim.

Keane - Initiates the claim. Does not vote on it and offers a lot of questions to the people who respond positively to it.

No Votes are placed on MMT for being the subject of the claim (Except Bottleknight's vote which existed before hand because MMT was pinging him)

No Votes are placed on Keane for initiating the claim.

It looks like 3 people think the claim could have merit. 6 people think the claim is not true. 6 people haven't expressed a strong opinion about the claim.

Out of everyone's reaction, I think I find BK's the most suspicious.

Seems like tacit acknowledgement of the validity of the claim. Followed by

In regards to Hambeet echoing of Birb's line of inquiry against Toal, another tacit believer of the claim.

Question Time:

BK, do you believe the claim? And how does it affect your conclusion to vote for MMT?

I believe that it happened, but I voted MMT because I didn't like her initial game posts. It's a weak case, as I believe pretty much all D1 cases are, and Keane's result doesn't really play into what I think of MMT.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

This reaction and thinking seems pretty suspect to me!

I agree with this.

b-minus1 posted:

If mmt is lunches and flips scum we wil turbo you tomorrow

:thunk:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

In reference to Keane voting Toal on the logic that Toal dismissed Keane as paranoid.

In reference to my voting Toal on the logic that Toal didn't object to KB's case.

In both instances, Max makes very reasonable points that cast doubt on the conclusions reached by I and Keane. What stands out to me however, is that of three instances where Max defends a fellow poster, two of them are defenses of Toal. The third defense (of me) rounds quickly into an attack on KB, who Max had voted earlier in the thread.

In both circumstances, Max defends Toal before Toal has the chance to defend theirself. But Max goes on to scold SolusLunes for defending MMT before MMT had the chance to defend herself.

This speaks to me of some kind of association or attachment with Toal.

Max's tenacity at the end of the day doesn't seem focused. It seems like they would vote any of MMT, KB, Rex or Kash, who ever has the thread attention at that time.

The standing vote on Kash is especially confusing because, a) Kash will be lurker gunned without us wasting a day on them. b) Theres been enough suspicious activity to justify having a decent read on someone and not settling for just lynching the hardest lurking lurker.

Pressuring the rest of us to settle on a vote because of the impending deadline while keeping her vote on Kash for ultimately political reason (wanting to pressure them into posting) during the final hours of an impending deadline isn't very coherent.

Max went from being the highest frequency joke poster early in the day to the person most excitedly pushing for a lynch now that time is dwindling.

Altogether, I think I'm happiest voting Max tonight.

##vote Max

I agree with parts of this, especially the part about Max re: you and KB. It read to me like someone coming out really hot in the paint trying to control the discussion and steer it in a direction they wanted. When I read KB's case I thought it was uncompelling but not, like, trash garbage. I don't really see Max's response to KB (and to a lesser extent you) on the Toal case as genuine.

Then again, Max is really helpful to town when he's town, so I'm not sure I'd want to vote him out D1. Plus I'm still reading to the end of this thread to see more MMT posts, since that's still my most comfortable vote.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

I forgot that some people were in this game until I looked at the player list like BK and Tobbs. I looked up beek and then remembered Rex the case that was pushing him for more information. He hasn't posted anything but jokes but also hasn't responded to anything that's happened in the last few pages in general.

This isn't correct, and also kind of a weird mischaracterization of both me and Tobbs, imo.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

He knows we aren’t all cops of varying sanities because he ain’t one

It feels like he was trying to get people to put themselves out there with claims

I mega disagree??

What????

I thought the all-godfather team of scum was just because this is supposed to be a game full of cops. It read to me like a flavor thing. Now you're saying it's rolefishing?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

I'm writing up my mega post list atm but I don't like how Kash come through and read thread and the results were him throwing light shade at people, dropping a vote for someone that no one is really considering before deadline, facing criticism for his casework, and wandering off without unvoting or engaging with people's discussions on possible vote leaders.

Yuuuuuup.

I feel a lot better about MMT, and a lot worse about Kashuno.

##vote Kashuno

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't really like b- or Solus for a lunch. With b-, he's made some bad (or maybe more just weird?) posts but don't really feel it's worth voting. With Solus, I feel that they just get voted out D1 a lot (though admittedly I don't play a ton of games so I might be wrong but I don't think I am?) for kinda weird/scummy posts but ultimately nothing they've posted this game day screams scum to me. Would much rather vote someone else, like Kash.

Murmur Twin posted:

I would like to point out that Max

(a) started out the game attacking me/KB's posts without casing us or calling us scum
(b) has his vote parked on Kash (because he had no posts at the time)
(c) seemed really concerned about the deadline
(d) came under pressure and ramped up his posting
(e) stopped getting cased
(f) stopped posting altogether

And would like to know why we're not voting him. Like I'm starting to think we were on the right track and got hoodwinked by his scumbros steering the convo elsewhere.

Normally when I play with Max I end up agreeing with him a lot, but this D1 I thought his posts were really weird and often inaccurate. Would vote.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Normally when I play with Max I end up agreeing with him a lot, but this D1 I thought his posts were really weird and often inaccurate. Would vote.

To clarify, when I say inaccurate I don't really mean "factually incorrect" as much as "how the hell did he have that read?" I guess a better phrase for it would be "weird accusations that I feel are ingenuine," specifically referring to how he's been reading KB... basically this entire gameday.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I can vote whoever the freakin heck I wanna vote because I’ll be here for deadline. I got caught up on wording on tobbs so that’s definitely my bad but it’s not like I was gone forever jeez save it for when I actually do something scummy

Bk vote sucks

Could you explain where I got something wrong? What does the sentence "It feels like he was trying to get people to put themselves out there with claims" mean?

Murmur Twin posted:

1. He's been throwing shade at people for having incorrect cases, but not calling them scum.
2. He's literally only voted once (for someone who hadn't posted yet)
3. He's posted about the deadline multiple times, but hasn't made any alignment calls on anyone. All he's doing is asking other people questions.
4. As soon as people stopped being suspicious of him, he stopped posting.

He isn't posting like someone who is invested in figuring out who scum is, he's concerned with looking like he's town.

Birb: do you disagree with any of that?

I don't really care a ton that he disappeared, life happens and it's entirely possible he's back before deadline. But I agree with everything else here.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

-S The Hal file:
Probably Hal’s scumgame would vote. Not much of value there. Just doesn't seem present imo.

I would point out this post

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow I don't like all these Max votes, I get wanting to consolidate but I don't find Max to be scummy at all and some of those later votes feel over-explained. Especially Solus.

which reads very similarly to Hal's early game in final fantasy mafia, where he was scum and defended people a lot more than scumhunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

I'm pretty much willing to vote anyone on this list and I think B- would be fine seeing as how he's popular.

I think it should be noted that Asiina's lurking incredibly hard this game with only 1 game related post that's a meta read on B- and a bunch of town calls. If B- flips town I think that she's a good place to examine.

Anyways I'm going now but I'll be around on my phone to vote.

Asiina's in this game?

:twisted: