Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

It surely cant be much worse than the Anderson ones....

The Anderson ones kick rear end. :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Anderson ones kick rear end. :fuckoff:

They got really bad towards the end, like i dont remember anything about 6 even though ive watched it a couple of times.

The first 3 or 4 were ok

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think i saw the first 2. i remember mila javovich crawling nude out of a tank but she does that in a couple of movies and maybe i'm mixing them up.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

on the opposite side of the coin, this looks like rear end lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q6UGCyHZCI

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

the dogs in the gamecube remake of RE1 look better than the dogs in that trailer btw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

the dogs in the gamecube remake of RE1 look better than the dogs in that trailer btw

I read somewhere that in the first RE movie they literally stuck meat on the dogs to make them zombie dogs and they kept eating it lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I read somewhere that in the first RE movie they literally stuck meat on the dogs to make them zombie dogs and they kept eating it lol

lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a Loving Dog posted:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

also the dramatic use of 4 Non Blondes

holy poo poo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CyberPingu posted:

Village was more consistent imo

7 dropped off a cliff once Jack died. The final 1/3rd of 7 was painfully bad and the lack of enemy diversity made the game very same-y

Miranda is probably one of the best designed bosses in the series, though it felt more like a Destiny boss.

Don't know what the DLCs for village will be but if either of then are as fun as end of zoe it's GOTY

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

some plague rats posted:

Don't know what the DLCs for village will be but if either of then are as fun as end of zoe it's GOTY

i played through 7 but not the dlc (loved 7 but also was ready to be done when I finished), guess I need to correct that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

buffalo all day posted:

i played through 7 but not the dlc (loved 7 but also was ready to be done when I finished), guess I need to correct that

The not a hero DLC is fine but end of Zoe kicks rear end.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

buffalo all day posted:

Yeah you absolutely do, one is good and the other one is an absolute blast

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Why were the DLCs called that when they were both basically the opposite of their names

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The not a hero DLC is fine but end of Zoe kicks rear end.

I hated that they made us wait like a year past when they told us they'd give us Not a Hero for a DLC that lasted all of like an hour.

Hated it so much I didn't bother with the other DLCs, but now I'm feeling nostalgic enough that I might buy them and add them to the queue play them

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
was lolling and loving where youre being chased through the house by the giant laughing baby monster. the visuals in the game have been blowing me away, especially the level of detail in the factory

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The factory setting felt a lot like a Killing Floor 1 map. Really cool aesthetic imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Started playing this for spooky season and the big village ambush fight at the start really isn't loving around lol, how am I supposed to survive this. I'm playing on the Hardcore difficulty but this seems impossible, I keep thinking "this is the part where I'm supposed to die right" and getting a game over instead of a cjtscene

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Iirc the entire(?) thing is all location triggers which means you just have to navigate from spot to spot while surviving. I remember wasting so much ammo there thinking it was an arena fight that you had to survive.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Yeah you have to get out into the courtyard with some big bastard iirc. I haven't made it much beyond that

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
when you get to the point where ethan says "there's no end to them!" it's definitely an arena fight and you just have to last it out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cubone posted:

when you get to the point where ethan says "there's no end to them!" it's definitely an arena fight and you just have to last it out

I hid in the underground tunnel under the shotgun House until he said that and a Romanian found me, ran up the hill and barricaded the second house, sat on the ladder for a while until I realised that seemed to be pausing the timer, then just ran back to the underground tunnel and ran in circles panicking for the next five minutes until it ended lol. Apparently that's the hardest part of the game on Hardcore and it's just not very well balanced, was fun despite that

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I finally went back to RE8 after taking a break and it's a masterpiece. Ending stuff: Heisenberg's factory feels like a playing a second round of RE2 where everything's been picked over, which is cool in general and extremely cool considering his backstory. His boss fight is so good that I legitimately thought that Ethan could be dead dead and that would be a great last hurrah. The Miranda fight rules too. I would play Chris of Duty. that is all

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This Moreau section sucks rear end but he's such an insane freak it almost makes up for it lmao. House beneviento owned but I feel like it'll really drag down replays

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This Moreau section sucks rear end but he's such an insane freak it almost makes up for it lmao

it took me like 5 minutes to find the drat correct path when you first start the docks/rooftops/water section. his boss fight owns though

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I like when he shouts "I'm the best!"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This Moreau section sucks rear end but he's such an insane freak it almost makes up for it lmao. House beneviento owned but I feel like it'll really drag down replays

Running across the flooded rooftops is cool as hell though and his boss fight kicks rear end?? I do not accept your premise

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

My biggest gripe about Village wad there was not enough (or any?) zany RE puzzles.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

some plague rats posted:

Running across the flooded rooftops is cool as hell though and his boss fight kicks rear end?? I do not accept your premise

the boss fight was good, it just felt thematically kind of weak and had a lot of wandering slowly in circles pushing carts and levers while not under any actual threat. The boss was cool though so it's fine, just not as good as the rest of the game so far

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

finished and immediately replayed with the infinite ammo Wolfsbane, that was cathartic after how tough Hardcore is at first when you have no upgraded stuff lol. Good game, definitely lacking the consistency and scare factor of 7 but when I was done with 7 I never wanted to play it again, it wasn't really all that fun.

I don't really like this one's take on Mercenaries though, it feels more like a memorisation challenge than any kind of survival thing. RE6 for all its faults had a really good mercs mode so I'll probably go back to that.

I see Revelations 2 is on sale cheap on Humble but I don't really know much about it, is it any good?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

finished and immediately replayed with the infinite ammo Wolfsbane, that was cathartic after how tough Hardcore is at first when you have no upgraded stuff lol. Good game, definitely lacking the consistency and scare factor of 7 but when I was done with 7 I never wanted to play it again, it wasn't really all that fun.

I don't really like this one's take on Mercenaries though, it feels more like a memorisation challenge than any kind of survival thing. RE6 for all its faults had a really good mercs mode so I'll probably go back to that.

I see Revelations 2 is on sale cheap on Humble but I don't really know much about it, is it any good?

Rev 2 is awesome, one of my favorite latter day games. Good balance of survival horror and 3rd person action. Great story for lore nerds like me, plenty of Barry dad jokes, a strong campaign with plenty to collect and sink your teeth into, and a dangerously addicting raid mode. Highest recommendation.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah pretty much agree with all of this, RE7 was a better horror game but overall I preferred 8 and 8 has more replayability imo. Infinite Wolfsbane runs are fun as gently caress.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

man nurse posted:

Rev 2 is awesome, one of my favorite latter day games. Good balance of survival horror and 3rd person action. Great story for lore nerds like me, plenty of Barry dad jokes, a strong campaign with plenty to collect and sink your teeth into, and a dangerously addicting raid mode. Highest recommendation.

Reading a bit about the raid mode and it sounds great, reckon I'll pick it up - cheers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rev2 Raid Mode on switch is really nice forpicking up and plugging through in 20 minute bursts. i had a lot of fun but never got through all 3 diablo style ramping difficult modes though. theres a fuckload of COntent in there if you become a real Rev2 Head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Rev 2 is good as hell. Fun rear end survival horror style. the difference in play style between Claire and Barry is fun, the AI partners range from not completely braindead to actually useful, raid mode is infinitely replayable, get it