Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Other television shows have been trying to recreate that "Janice shoots Richie" moment for decades now.

Lost with what's her name and what's his face comes to mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Janice shooting Richie does come out of nowhere but at the same time it makes perfect sense. Especially when you go back to Richie telling Christopher "You want to put your hands on her, you give her your last name. Then it's none of my business"

Most of the shows attempting the same sort of scene only understood the shocking part.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I've never really paid attention to Talking Sopranos before but that David Proval interview is great.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Janice shooting Richie does come out of nowhere but at the same time it makes perfect sense. Especially when you go back to Richie telling Christopher "You want to put your hands on her, you give her your last name. Then it's none of my business"

Most of the shows attempting the same sort of scene only understood the shocking part.

We’ve also at that point already seen Janice and Richie using the gun as foreplay in bed so when she shows up in the kitchen with it he’s like “I’m no mood right now” and has no clue she’s really that pissed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

Imperioli tells a story, I think it's about the Executive Game episode, where Proval shows up on set and he's just absolutely beaming. He explained to Imperioli that in his head he'd created an entire backstory where Richie had just had an absolutely fantastic day where everything went right, and he's in a rare place where he's just genuinely, legitimately happy when he shows up to the game... at which point he sees Davey there and now it's not just Davey the gambler going around him to get into the game, it's Davey the guy who ruined Richie's perfect day. I loved that, especially rewatching the scene and seeing how Richie's entire demeanor instantly changes when he sees Davey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7BHfJOgm80

I love the way Proval closes his eyes when he says "Gimme a reason" to Christopher, like he can taste it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Let him pay me my money, send him out.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

It really was The Perfect Show

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

This Chianti though… is beyond reproach.
Word up!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

when they say “John Gotti”, we say “Rudy Giuliani”!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ulvir posted:

when they say “John Gotti”, we say “Rudy Giuliani”!

That continues to age amazingly.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-17-2017/S3n3SK.mp4

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
these walls? skim coat

nunna dat sheet rock poo poo

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

uncle ben’s …

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

ulvir posted:

uncle ben’s …

I'm a bit surprised that scene isn't more memed upon compared to everything else in the show that is because I almost died laughing the first time I saw it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
oh you poor bahstid

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i actually thought Tony was saying that because of what he was thinking he'd like to do to Richie in a moment of bitter resentment but i remember Jerusalem's interpretation was that he meant that Richie was stuck with Janice now, and well, given how that turned out after not very long that's probably on the money

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

crispix posted:

i actually thought Tony was saying that because of what he was thinking he'd like to do to Richie in a moment of bitter resentment but i remember Jerusalem's interpretation was that he meant that Richie was stuck with Janice now, and well, given how that turned out after not very long that's probably on the money

Yeah, he was picturing Richie whittled down to a little nub like Livia did his dad.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MrMojok posted:

I will never forget watching the episode where Janice shoots Richie. It came out of nowhere, and everyone I knew was stunned.

“What… you gonna cry now?”

I said it before in this thread, but the thumbnail for that episode on Max is perfect:

An innocuous image if you don't know the context, a funny nudge if you do.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is that like right as he gets shot

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm pretty sure he's in the middle of saying "I'm in no mood for your-"

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I was listening to a podcast the other day and two things were pointed out that I never got until then:

Richie had previously told Chris that domestic violence was nothing worth caring about it it was in a marriage

Richie and Janice use a gun when they gently caress

so when Janice comes in with the gun, Richie is exactly stupid enough to think that Janice maybe just trying to angle being angry into a quick weird make-up gently caress

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
When I was at the con back in 2019 the dude that played Fat Dom was walking around with the replica of his severed head in a clear plastic box.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

primaltrash posted:

I was listening to a podcast the other day and two things were pointed out that I never got until then:

Richie had previously told Chris that domestic violence was nothing worth caring about it it was in a marriage

Richie and Janice use a gun when they gently caress

so when Janice comes in with the gun, Richie is exactly stupid enough to think that Janice maybe just trying to angle being angry into a quick weird make-up gently caress

Also all the talk of how 'old school' Richie is, both from his own admission/bragging and also stuff like Carm busting out laughing when Janice swears that prison 'changed him.' I think the exact-ish line Richie tells Christopher is "If you wanna raise your hand to her, give her your last name."

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

khwarezm posted:

I'm a bit surprised that scene isn't more memed upon compared to everything else in the show that is because I almost died laughing the first time I saw it.

yeah, I think I have more than one post itt about laughing too hard at that scene.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I look over, your Uncle June's got laser beams shootin' out his eyes!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phil doing a magical girl transformation into a house.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Get in the psychiatrist's office, Tony.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ben-sama…

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKIN ONE PIECE BEEF

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ishamael posted:

GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKIN ONE PIECE BEEF

The show goes on hiatus because WE WAS ABUSIVE TO JC STAFF!

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
I don't trust that dubbing poo poo

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

He was gay, shinji ikari?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dr. melfi's dinner with eliot (where he identifies tony as her client) would be an entire single episode. dramatic anime music plays as dr. melfi's internal monologue laboriously explains the subtext through multiple gasps and "n-nani?"s

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
Anime was a nickname! His real name was animation

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Jimmy Smash Bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Take it easy. We're not making Cowboy Bebop here.