Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Mahoning posted:

The wife is so good in that scene.

“You just had to be the BIG MAN!!!”

Her panicked "on the fridge, on the fridge!!" is a quote I cherish to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Boy does that music make me laugh every time. Such a strong little scene that tells you everything you need to know about these characters in a few seconds.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Excellent write up as usual - I'm really digging these. I wonder, how much do we know about the season 3 plot that never was? Has David Chase ever gone into more detail than the very broad outlines you describe?

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

it's called Anti-Virus, about a private detective sucked into the Internet through his "data-port" who has to solve crimes involving virtual prostitutes

One of the funniest lines in the show, and that's a high bar.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

Phil I could almost see given the visceral hatred he has for it and the subtext of him coming out of the closet to kill Vito but eh I dunno I think even that's a reach and homophobic guy who is actually gay is a bit of a tired trope in media so it's more interesting to me if Phil isn't hiding anything and just has outdated views on masculinity

From David Chase himself in the final Talking Sopranos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxxpS9sCCLI&t=1841s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Thanks, incredibly condescending responses like that are why I rarely post in these threads. I don't see how David Chase's explicit intent as author is irrelevant from the discussion about a character's motivations. People are allowed to enjoy art however they like (even if it's not to the lofty levels you have achieved).