Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
watching the show for the first time, already hooked. just finished College. i've been very impressed with the show's depiction of depression and anxiety attacks. most every panic attack I've ever seen in tv or movies looks theatrical and cartoony. i used to just pass out so i felt for tony. that's one thing I really enjoy about the show, you can very easily relate and empathize with all the characters, even the monsters.

chris is far and away my favorite character. it's such a perfect depiction of an addict's state of mind and attitude. everybody sort of knows a Chris I think. if you don't you might be the Chris

I'll buy you one of those happy meals, alright?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

how come nobody wears a seatbelt in this show? it's stressing me out

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

just finished Second Opinion. i get that carmela is completely clueless about how the real world works but what did she honestly believe was going to happen to Meadow if they didn't donate to the college? she acts like it'll destroy her future, like they'll tank her grades or something. it's really odd

is she so desperate to feel like a part of high society and toss money around that she's convinced herself it's a crisis?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i've gathered that people really hate AJ's character and maybe he'll get worse, I dunno (finishing up season 3) but i love him. some of his line readings are loving hysterical. like the entire gutters scene and him telling Meadow about Jackie Jr

"They shot him. He's, like, dead."

also him getting Carmela The Matrix for her birthday and immediately scurrying off with the disc once everyone's distracted so he can watch it

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

codo27 posted:

Watching that old 1989 interview with him again where he's so smooth, he's so great as Paulie but I think he could have made an amazing junior as well

this made me curious what Tony looked like as a younger man and wowza

he looks like he would be one of the mobsters at the dinner in Italy, ironically