Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IDK why I waited so long to rewatch this. It holds up probably better than any other TV show I can think of. And CHRIST is it funny. The varsity athlete stuff with Uncle Junior had me howling today.

BiggerBoat posted:

I watched a Christopher mashup on youtube and holy poo poo I forgot how many times and how often he beats Adrianna

The 2 things that REALLY stick out that wouldn't be shown on TV today is the level of violence against women that is depicted and how racist everyone is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Zaphod42 posted:

Depiction isn't condoning. TV today shows plenty of violence towards women.

Watchmen was only a couple years ago and everybody was extremely racist.

Watchmen was about the KKK. it's completely different from the casual throwaway racism that is in the Sopranos. (It's actually much closer to how people like that would actually talk though)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Schrippa is the most hilariously bad interviewer ever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I completely forgot about the episode where Christopher and Little Carmine bother Ben Kingsley to make their dumb gangster slasher movie lol. And for some reason Lauren Bacall is in it?

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 15, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Another thing I completely forgot was when Christopher just executes his friend the writer out of nowhere. I remember feeling bad when Christopher died and I really shouldn't have... He's much worse of piece of poo poo watching it now than I remember him being in my first watchthrough.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL @ AJ wanting to be Trump's personal pilot. Just loving perfect.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Barry Foster posted:

It's funny when you go back to season one for a rewatch and the show is almost cartoonishly light in comparison.

Is this your first watch through? Not really a spoiler, but it's only getting meaner from here on

A friend of mine says that Season 1 of the Sopranos is like a USA show. It's so light compared to the rest of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Super meh.