Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
code is hosted at https://github.com/unidef/quantum

basically it uses binary trees to high multi dimensional arrays and moves data in that space to simulate a neural network

my goal is to write it into the geonode framework

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
next step is header files with inline assembly, but for the next couple of years I’ll need to figure how to move data, so I can do stuff like think(“what’s going on?”, &eax);

and neural->y = neural->x; doesn’t work in multiple dimensions, I think

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hmmmm

voting 3

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

code:
typedef struct neural OPERATIONS;
typedef struct neural SQL;
typedef struct neural TEST;
typedef struct neural DOC;
typedef struct neural ERROR;
typedef struct neural NEURON;
:catstare:

Voting a superposition of a0 * |101> + a1 * |001>

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Dijkstracula posted:

code:
typedef struct neural OPERATIONS;
typedef struct neural SQL;
typedef struct neural TEST;
typedef struct neural DOC;
typedef struct neural ERROR;
typedef struct neural NEURON;
:catstare:

Voting a superposition of a0 * |101> + a1 * |001>

I wrote it that way Incase you have

Operation *error_neural_paradiagm()
doc *error_neural_doc_system()

And you need to change the return types, which could be done in macros.

You can also do error_ neural_system()->type according to this Linux kernel book

edit: what’s a? that’s 0, 8, 2, 6, hey thanks I think.. hey so uh do you have an referrals on good online math books? or something I can buy on amazon? I failed calculus so bad in college and now I’m a burnout lol

unidef freeman fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 17, 2019

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what the fucc lmao

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

but...

if you suck at math, why are you doing this?

i don't think github flourishes with people good at quantum physics, but... what do i know, maybe it'll work when math people see how wrong stuff gets and send you merge requests or something

and, fix your .gitignore

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
what in sam hill

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
e: nm, poor taste.

Best Bi Geek Squid fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 17, 2019

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Tankakern posted:

but...

if you suck at math, why are you doing this?

i don't think github flourishes with people good at quantum physics, but... what do i know, maybe it'll work when math people see how wrong stuff gets and send you merge requests or something

and, fix your .gitignore

I know, I learned math from visual studio and Visual Basic when I was a kid and it’s the thrill of electricity and the scene for me, I just have social problems so I can’t really thrive in college

I’ve been sending my code to universities and corporations, under the bsd license, but 0 response aside from the sa forums :(

I’ll dig through the git docs, i need to implement a struct with double long integers with arrays for holding data

Maybe if Jesus exists he can write me a scheduler for large portions of dma

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

unidef freeman posted:

I know, I learned math from visual studio and Visual Basic when I was a kid and it’s the thrill of electricity and the scene for me, I just have social problems so I can’t really thrive in college

I’ve been sending my code to universities and corporations, under the bsd license, but 0 response aside from the sa forums :(

I’ll dig through the git docs, i need to implement a struct with double long integers with arrays for holding data

Please do not randomly send code to organizations like that

if there is an open source project you can contribute to ok, but you're doing the equivalent of mailing scripts to Hollywood writers. Don't do that

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

unidef freeman posted:

lolling

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

here's a protip: get a name for yourself by actually doing something of value rather than sending random code snippets to people who have no idea who you are

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Captain Foo posted:

Please do not randomly send code to organizations like that

if there is an open source project you can contribute to ok, but you're doing the equivalent of mailing scripts to Hollywood writers. Don't do that

I’ve done the latter multiple times, all it did was ruin my life. What’s the worse that can happen? :htp:

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

qhat posted:

here's a protip: get a name for yourself by actually doing something of value rather than sending random code snippets to people who have no idea who you are

Goes the same for you, buddy :colbert:

edit: PEOPLE WILL STEAL YOUR CODE SO BAD IM A loving MORON

unidef freeman fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 18, 2019

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

voted 4

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm not sure that i am in on the joke

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i'm not sure that i am in on the joke

You’re in on it, no ones giving me money and quantum computing is everywhere lol

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
code:
trash:
	mv lib/*~ trash/
	mv bin/*~ trash/
	mv lib/*#* trash/
	mv bin/*#* trash
        mv quantum trash/
owns

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

unidef freeman posted:

I wrote it that way Incase you have

Operation *error_neural_paradiagm()
doc *error_neural_doc_system()

And you need to change the return types, which could be done in macros.

You can also do error_ neural_system()->type according to this Linux kernel book

perfect in every way

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

code:
trash:
	mv lib/*~ trash/
	mv bin/*~ trash/
	mv lib/*#* trash/
	mv bin/*#* trash
        mv quantum trash/
owns

Thank you! Be careful with multiple trash dirs and symlinks, I think you can accidentally leak data to other dirs, especially in a source code revisionist system

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

DuckConference posted:

perfect in every way

Thank you!

DuckConference posted:

perfect in every way

Thank you! I need to work in my macro functions, math :(, and integration into FreeBSD. One goal is to make my code into a pluggable scheduler for hotpluggable memory, maybe for clusters

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
hang on, i thought terry went to the great computer in the sky?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
hello op have you studied the existing work in this space? nottingham uni has people who program with quantum instruction sets on simulated quantum computers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN0lhYU1f5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svmPz5oxMlI

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Let's start with these #includes:

#include "sys.h"

What do each of these files do and refer to? What is the function of #include?

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

gonadic io posted:

hello op have you studied the existing work in this space? nottingham uni has people who program with quantum instruction sets on simulated quantum computers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN0lhYU1f5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svmPz5oxMlI

i haven’t done any research in quantum physics.. the quantum name is kind of a monkier for paralellization and neural (believe it or not I coined that apparently after an email to the lkms) space. my goal is to develop a network of “neurons” that you can cluster with binary trees that can quickly read data through memory. now that I think about it I could do something with a cpu caching library, thanks

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

gonadic io posted:

#include "sys.h"

include sends the file to the compiler, sys.h is a header file for system macros, structures, variables. the code should be in sys.c

sys.h/c is where I’d put platform specific code, like the l1 thing I’m gonna research

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

unidef freeman posted:

i haven’t done any research in quantum physics.. the quantum name is kind of a monkier for paralellization and neural (believe it or not I coined that apparently after an email to the lkms) space. my goal is to develop a network of “neurons” that you can cluster with binary trees that can quickly read data through memory. now that I think about it I could do something with a cpu caching library, thanks

i see. i would suggest that you drop the quantum name then because it seems misleading and could leave people thinking that you're a crank. asking about parallel neural networks would get you better responses than with the word "quantum" in there.

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

gonadic io posted:

i see. i would suggest that you drop the quantum name then because it seems misleading and could leave people thinking that you're a crank. asking about parallel neural networks would get you better responses than with the word "quantum" in there.

Well, if you don’t understand how paralellization and neural transparency works in quantum computing, uh, :colbert:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just missed my bus stop because i was reading this thread, op

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

fart simpson posted:

i just missed my bus stop because i was reading this thread, op

Atleast the bus didn’t physically attack you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gonadic io posted:

#include "sys.h"

hahhaa

unidef freeman posted:

include sends the file to the compiler, sys.h is a header file for system macros, structures, variables. the code should be in sys.c

sys.h/c is where I’d put platform specific code, like the l1 thing I’m gonna research

lmao oh no

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Captain Foo posted:

hahhaa

lmao oh no

Well, the compiler gets to read the file, I was oversimplifying. What’s wrong with a sys.h/c file?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i have no idea what any of this is, op

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

is this some templeos kind of poo poo?

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
It’s more of a proof of concept of what binary trees can do

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

unidef freeman posted:

It’s more of a proof of concept of what binary trees can do

i don't think this is needed in 2019

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hey OP, I think what you should do, is write an operating system that only runs on one computer

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

i don't think this is needed in 2019

you'll all be sorry when the next volume of TAOCP is titled "binary trees revisited: quantum?!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 19, 2019

• Locked thread