Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
hello op have you studied the existing work in this space? nottingham uni has people who program with quantum instruction sets on simulated quantum computers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN0lhYU1f5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svmPz5oxMlI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Let's start with these #includes:

#include "sys.h"

What do each of these files do and refer to? What is the function of #include?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

unidef freeman posted:

i haven’t done any research in quantum physics.. the quantum name is kind of a monkier for paralellization and neural (believe it or not I coined that apparently after an email to the lkms) space. my goal is to develop a network of “neurons” that you can cluster with binary trees that can quickly read data through memory. now that I think about it I could do something with a cpu caching library, thanks

i see. i would suggest that you drop the quantum name then because it seems misleading and could leave people thinking that you're a crank. asking about parallel neural networks would get you better responses than with the word "quantum" in there.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

Have you considered writing a QUI (quantum user interface) instead?

that way when we meet quantum beings but can't understand them we can just hand then an ipad (or qpad?) with this on! genius

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
op, linus is in rehab from screaming at strangers on mailing lists that wasn't kind

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

suffix posted:

none of those numbers are prime

they're a combination of multiples of primes :q:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i'm just upset that nobody on the lkml is biting. i bet they get emails like this twice a month

unless there are responses but i can't see them because that website is literally from the 80s and probably hadn't been changed once since then

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Skim Milk posted:

goon in a quantum well

5 quantum balls on the edge of a cliff...

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Agreed, the is much better than the time MrSuperAwesome went off their meds or whoever

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
don't worry op, in your case (and in fact all cases) malloc won't return anything important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Along comes the hero: Raii

• Locked thread