Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

code:
typedef struct neural OPERATIONS;
typedef struct neural SQL;
typedef struct neural TEST;
typedef struct neural DOC;
typedef struct neural ERROR;
typedef struct neural NEURON;
:catstare:

Voting a superposition of a0 * |101> + a1 * |001>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

wait hold on does OP think that an operating systems "kernel" is the same thing as an machine learning "kernel"

Dijkstracula fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 20, 2019

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

deeply, cosmically curious as to the meaning of the comment "// prime rib?"

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i’m going to miss prime rib when divine empress and our holy savior aoc rightly outlaws beef consumption and production.
that's what wheat gluten UnRibs are for, op

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

lol cute you think we'll be eating like modern day vegans. actually we'll be lucky if the people making our soylent understand and are empowered to care about nutrition.
Actually I think even vegan imitations of meat will be a bridge too far for the bulk of entitled fat westerners :(

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I'm also veg but I'm also completely down with engineering fake meat because it's the only way my extended family will transition off their "it can't be a real meal without protein" philosophy

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

also The In-Vitro Meat Cookbook is completely bananas and probably a proread for a bunch of folks itt

quote:

Hello meat lovers, hello vegetarians. We need to talk about the future of meat. With the world’s population expected to reach nine billion people by 2050, it becomes impossible to produce and consume meat like we do today.

In vitro meat, grown from cells in a laboratory, could provide a sustainable and animal-friendly alternative. Yet, before we can decide if we are willing to eat in vitro, we must explore the new food culture it will bring us.

The In Vitro Meat Cookbook presents 45 recipes that explore and visualize what in vitro meat products might be on our plate one day. As in vitro meat is still being developed you cannot cook our recipes just yet, however, they will provide abundant food for thought and discussion.

Using the format of the cookbook as a storytelling medium, the In Vitro Meat Cookbook is a visually stunning exploration of the new “food cultures” lab-grown meat might create. This book approaches lab-grown meat not just from a design and engineering perspective, but also from a societal and ethical one.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

it wraps printf, but makes it worse by 1. not allowing you to insert variables into the message and 2. not passing up printf's return value.
I'm the inexplicable but also unused second argument

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

better to have it and not to need it, &c.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

fritz posted:

idk how chinese vegetarian meat substitutes are not better known (well i do k how but still)
it's slowly happening; back in my home town, the vegan place my veg* parent took me to for years has since developed a pretty solid following among meat eaters, to the point where otherwise red-blooded rootin-tootin beef-eating Albertans tell me that they serve the best "ginger beef" in town

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

no, the doc type is a typedef of struct neural :confused:

I mean it doesn't matter what it is because it's never used

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

op please address the outstanding questions about // prime rib? itt

edit: I guess we got the prime part sorted but not the rib part yet

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

op why do you care so much about macros

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

this was a pro emptyquote that I missed the first time round

Pham Nuwen posted:

you'll all be sorry when the next volume of TAOCP is titled "binary trees revisited: quantum?!?"

YOSPOS: you'll all be sorry when the next volume of TAOCP is titled "binary trees revisited: quantum?!?"

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

the m in malloc stands for macro

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

post the macro

code:
#define malloc(x) sbrk(x)
#define free(x) (void)(x) //really memory hungry mode, I have 32gb of ram on all my computers, prime rib? 

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

m'alloc,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

lgtm op, ship it

• Locked thread