Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Mordiceius posted:

TBH, another frustrating thing about the game is how there are a handful of romance candidates that only become available in like the last 10 main missions.

Yeah, Logan should honestly have been the last unlock, with all of the other options being available before him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That feels like it’s meant as goals for multiple playthroughs. Like the Harvest Goddess in old Harvest Moon games.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Zesty posted:

That feels like it’s meant as goals for multiple playthroughs. Like the Harvest Goddess in old Harvest Moon games.

I cannot imagine playing through 100+ hours of Sandrock multiple times to see different content, oof

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

my bony fealty posted:

I cannot imagine playing through 100+ hours of Sandrock multiple times to see different content, oof

:shrug: I replay these kinds of games every couple years or so.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

ngl I played it three times in a row because I wanted more of it when I was done with it and it kept feeling good/I didn't get tired of it. For me, it really scratched that itch and it did it very well.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think Sandrock is a great step forward over Portia. To the degree that I'm very enthusiastic to see where they go with the series. That being said, the game often felt like too little butter scraped over too much bread.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Biggest complaint with Sandrock is that it never felt like any craft was a challenge to chase and most of the time was spent waiting for the story to progress.

Still a fantastic game and would happily replay if there's ever a story xpac or whatever.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Rynoto posted:

Biggest complaint with Sandrock is that it never felt like any craft was a challenge to chase and most of the time was spent waiting for the story to progress.

Still a fantastic game and would happily replay if there's ever a story xpac or whatever.

Yeah. I completely agree with this.

We are supposed to be the best "builder" but the building almost feels like a step back from Portia. I am all for getting rid of the rough edges in games, but it felt like there was basically never friction with any of the builds.

Almost every single new building project, I was able to deliver same day. At most, I would wait a single day. And then after doing that, you end up having to wait 2-5 more days for the story to progress. It becomes hard to not get obscenely ahead of the curve with resources.

We all talk about the carbon-steel bottleneck in Portia, but at least that's something to talk about. Not a single build in Sandrock felt memorable in the same way.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

As much as I like this game, but I just don't see much replayability (not that this is necessarily even a bad thing). What can even be significantly different beyond "who you marry"? Everything else seems like it would play out basically the same. It's not like there are meaningfully different "builds" to try out.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Can't wait to put in another 150 hours into this!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
They're also working on a mobile game but that's phones only. No PC client.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Shamefully posting well into the 2nd.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Smartwatch only and it's only microtransacations and all marriage candidates are obtained via gacha

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Extremely late on this, but about Catori and her child:

The game has Chinese dev.
In China, it is not unusual (e.g.: ~10-20% frequency in smaller towns and cities) for one or both parents to go and get a job in a bigger city, leaving the children with the remaining (grand)parent.

This isn't something that is seen as desirable - it's a sad story and sort of implies that someone messed up at some point - but it's not uncommon. Location shifts like this can bring literally ~3x-5x salary. But since fresh transplants have no chance of buying a house in the new city, they can't enter their children into that school system, so they have to leave them in the hometown.

I'm not hugely social but I still know two people who came to the city where i live without their children, and another acquaintance recently left for a regional capital without their son.

So if you're wondering why Catori was written that way, keep in mind that from the writer's perspective it was meant to signify "sad backstory, loser-ish, complicated", not "automatically terrible person".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Atopian posted:

So if you're wondering why Catori was written that way, keep in mind that from the writer's perspective it was meant to signify "sad backstory, loser-ish, complicated", not "automatically terrible person".

also, hot mommy bazongas, aooga, cartoon wolf noises

hmmm, yes, that's sad

EDIT: Some Project Me news:

quote:

(For everyone who is not aware yet of the game https://youtu.be/cIVQwXRaZAk?si=JnxJC6h9cXBLnxoG )

As we all know Project Me was originally considered to be a mobile game, but a lot of us were disappointed that it would not come for PC. On the official Project Me Discord we got a update regarding this: (Copy Paste from the Discord)

Zede05📷 — 02/04/2024
[13:07] So eh... some news, we have almost arrived at a conclusion in our discussion with our current publisher regarding the future of the game, and it'll go back to being self funded and pc/console focused. We are thinking of doing another Kickstarter as well. More news in a month or two.
[13:08]A mobile version will still be considered down the line.

So yay ~ it will be on PC :D

Megazver fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Apr 10, 2024