Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I feel bad stealing poop from McDonald, but I need it :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

drat, fishing was really lucrative :saddowns:

I've been saving up to upgrade my house and buy the final plot of land. Capturing Cotton Llama's are an easy 11,000 Gols too.

e: might be time to whip out the ol Cheat Engine for money

kloa fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 23, 2019

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Use an axe/chainsaw on the fertilizer tiles twice in a row :ssh:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I don’t remember the factory being in Early Access, but holy cow is it awesome :eng101:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

That’s a lotta poop upkeep :eyepop:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Maybe not Papa Bear tho :yikes:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Is there even any penalty for running out of time on standard commissions?

(e) I'm only really just starting the game, day 3 and doing my first dive. Also, does the game pause while alt tabbed? I still hear the music so I assume not

You do lose rep for your business, so Higgins might pass you up if you keep failing them.

It does not pause unless you are in a menu screen.

e: some pics

Emily you son of a :argh:

Current farm status: I need more poop!

kloa fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 1, 2019

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Invest in drying racks for apricots and apples and get all the stamina you’ll ever need :getin:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Catching the rare animals is worth it just to sell them. I think they are like 11k a pop.

I'm up to the plot size before the last one, and added animals for the heck of it. Takes way too long for them to be worth selling, and they're also not worth how much time they take :saddowns: They do give poop though, and any poop income is good income to me.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

There was a lot of charm with Portia, so hoping this next game is even better (especially with MP). Not a fan of 2d stuff like Stardew Valley, so I've been jonesing for a game like this to be MP and play with some friends/family.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Megazver posted:

Have you tried Dragon Quest Builders 2?

Not yet. May pick it up on a sale eventually, but it looked more akin to Minecraft (open-ended) than a dedicated housing plot with upgrades and such, which is what I've been looking for like Portia.

LLSix posted:

I posted about this earlier on this page, but it doesn't look like the main game is going to be multiplayer.

Oh :saddowns: welp there goes my excitement.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I put a solid 100 hours into this game, and am looking forward to their next game. I need more artsy, comfy crafting and farming to do :getin:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

CHiRAL posted:

There is about 3 hours of gameplay and it felt extremely nice. Looks like they learned a lot from Portia. The NPCs are more attractive (Owen :syoon:), you can save during the day and gathering materials from scraps is oddly satisfying. The ruins seem to be a single building divided into floors with an actual layout instead of a giant cave of dirt. I had fun, wish it didn't cut me off once the main quests were done. Maybe I'll do another run...

I was kind of bummed when the demo ran out, since I wanted to explore more of the mines and maybe try to kill some of the level 17-20 stuff. I put a lot of hours into Portia, so I'll definitely do the same now that there's some nice QoL stuff they've added and overall seems like they've learned a lot.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

the all important question is, however

do you have a stamina bar outside for no apparent reason again

That's no longer a thing luckily, but once you get an upgraded mount in Portia you never really ran out of stamina :shrug:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I put a solid 100 hours into Portia. Looking forward to similar in Sandrock :getin:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I probably put as much time into EA as I did come full release for Portia, so I'll probably end up doing the same with Sandrock :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

For Early Access, there's a solid 30 hours of gameplay to get out of it for $25.

I just got to the end of the main storyline at the 30-hour mark. Going to play through the end of the year (about half-way through Winter atm) and circle back to the game upon release.

All in all, it's a better Portia and pretty solid as it stands :thumbsup: