Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Throw the weird jar artifact out on your front lawn asap. Random assholes will get 25-30 extra relationship points every couple of days. It's amusing.

I have to keep reminding myself that there aren't time limits for this game aside from some basic commissions and sidequests. (That you can ignore till you have what they want)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Kyrosiris posted:

I would be okay with this because it would mean A) you could give gifts to Higgins and B) you could thus give literal poo poo to Higgins. :getin:

I suppose we'll just have to be happy that you can beat the poo poo out of him daily.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Don't chop the cactus.

Cactus balls are fine. But the ones that stand taller? Oh noooo the fun police runs you down instantly.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

LLSix posted:

Harming Saguaro cactuses is illegal by state law in Arizona in and can result in a maximum of 3 years and 9 months of jail time. This is because it takes 35-75 years for them to flower and they usually don't reach full height until over 100 years of age. They're rare enough that it is still profitable to illegally harvest adult saguaro's and sell them to collectors for bragging rights.

I'm guessing that it's a nod to that, or some other real-world conservation effort.

Perhaps, but the ones they got mad at me for certainly aren't Saguaro cactuses.

For a game set in what's essentially post-post apocalyptic, I suppose I can forgive being conscious of resources. It was just very jarring to have a fat man come flailing at me while trying to clear out the nearby brush for resources.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I appreciate the ability to make some abominations of nature in the character creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I wish I could try multiplayer with someone, if only to realize how ridiculously inefficient I am with organizing the workshop.

I'm pretty sure my ability to be a fashion disaster is unmatched though.