Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

What's the best way to get stamina back at the start? The best I've found is the roping game at McDonalds farm but the milk doesn't give that much stamina back and it gets tedious after awhile. Kicking apple trees is net negative stamina most of the time. You also regenerate stamina back by sitting on benches which is a nice, immersive touch.

Alternately, if there's a way to avoid triggering story beats like the DDs until I'm ready that would be great too. Has anyone tried just not turning in your certificate to Gale? In the demo you could still do commissions without doing that so I guess that would be the easiest way to pause the story if it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

Eating at the restaurant is pretty cheap (check the sparkly bread at the counter), especially if you get the Daily Special, you can also find Dried Apple Slices in chests around town. But kloa is right, what you're eventually aiming for is a level 2 Worktable so you can make Drying Racks and start making Dried Apple Slices in mass.

Thanks, this helped a lot. What I ended up doing was spending all my stamina in the ruins and then eating at Djangos if I thought I had enough time to use the extra stamina. Usually on fishing.

kloa posted:

Invest in drying racks for apricots and apples and get all the stamina you’ll ever need :getin:

That seems like more of a midgame thing, unless there's some way to get apples reliably in the first 2 weeks. Is that where everyone gets their apples from? My first game I had the extra drops from kicking/harvesting skill maxed and still felt like kicking trees was very inefficient unless I needed

mini-week 1 guide to get quickly setup for crazy people like me
Day 1 - You arrive on a boat and Presley wants you to follow him. First kick the nearest tree until it tells you the tree doesn't have anything to give anymore. Then kick the other tree the game will let you reach with the rest of your stamina. Follow Presley only after you use up all your stamina. This will give you enough xp to level, put your skill point in xp up.

Day 2 - Run around the outside of Portia following the wall East, gathering as you go. Steal the bar from Higgins furnace. Go back to your workshop and gather wood and stone from around your workshop and to the West of Portia's gate that is near your workshop. Use the materials to build an axe, pickaxe, and basic furnace. Keep all three items in your inventory and go show them to Presley at the commerce guild just up the road from your workshop. Don't worry about talking to people yet (you can if you want to). Take a commission if there is one you can complete. Go see Gale, map should show you where he is but he's probably in the building right next door to where Presley is (to the East). Put a second skill point into the xp up skill. Go chop down small trees and bushes until you have enough wood to repair your house then do that. Also put your builders certificate on the wall (have to put it in your inventory and use it like a tool when near an interior wall). Do whatever you want with any left over stamina. Put your next two skill points into the skill that makes mining use less stamina (most of your xp for the next few days is going to come from mining so doubling the amount of xp you get is the best investment). After mining stamina boost is done, put points into either xp boost or run boost (I did run boost because I'm impatient and like to run) until you can put points in Strike (one of the tier 2 fight skills). Wiki and reddit says mining and woodchopping work by doing "damage" so strike boosts the efficiency of both your tools as well as combat. Maxed out it increases damage by 48% so if reddit is correct, that's almost as big a savings as reducing the stamina cost for mining and it stacks. Overachievers can eek out a little extra stamina by playing the roping game in the field with the cows. When your out of stamina, run around and collect all the chests in town. Don't forget the two inside the apartment building.

Day 3 - Run around the outside of Portia following the wall East, gathering as you go. Steal the bar from Higgins furnace. Go check on commissions. This is now your morning routine until you feel sufficiently avenged on that bastard Higgins. It's probably worth getting the quest to talk to the shop owners from Gale. I did it immediately while writing this and it ate up most of the day which wasn't at all worth it. You'll see most of the shopowners during your daily routine over the next few days so don't waste time hunting them down for the quest. Instead, do commissions if you can and then hit the mines. When you run out of stamina get your furnace up and running (making bronze bars unless doing a commission). If there's enough time left, you can go eat at Djangos and either mine some more or go fishing. I suggest buying as many caterpillars as you can from Sophie's farm store and fishing. Even the easy fishing spot that is closest to your house will make you 300-400 gols if you use up all the stamina you got from Djangos. That's enough to upgrade your first tool, or maybe both if you got lucky. Overachievers can eek out a little extra stamina by playing the roping game in the field with the cows when you go buy bait from Sophie.

Days 4 through 7 - same as day 3, except you should be turning in Data disks to Petra as often as you can. Don't talk to Lee unless you have a spare data disk because he takes it to complete his data disk quest (unlike Lee, Petra doesn't steal your data disk when you talk to her). Somewhere sneak in building the grinder and then civil cutter you need to make your civil furnace. You'll also want two-three basic furnaces running pretty early but they can be fit in whenever.

If you do this you should have your first civil furnace finished by Sunday evening. Strike will be nearly maxed out. Once it is, put points wherever you want.

It took me until Monday (the 8th) evening but I wasted time in a few places. A few more days and I'll have the trio of civil furnaces and all the other basic essentials up and running. Diving the ruins hard gave me lots of data disks but not enough to branch out and afford a tree, much less the tree and fertilizer tiles I want from the church store. Soon though.

In theory you can make more money fishing by fishing at the falls, but I was never willing to sacrifice a day to make the multi-hour run over there. Maybe I'll give that a try when my ruin access expires.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Is there any way to speed up cooking food? Feeding in one ingredient at a time is frustrating when there are quests asking for 8 of the exact same item.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

buglord posted:

I’ve been playing this game free though the Xbox PC Gamepass. I love the setting because it vaguely resembles Megaman Legends with the modern city, ruins to dig in, so on.

The lack of polish is appalling though. My protagonist VO is loud, vs everyone else. Cutscenes are weirdly made, I can clip myself into walls to climb, if I touch water the game fades to black and teleports me back instead of just putting an invisible wall there. Some of the animations don’t look right at all. Movement in the beginners mine feels odd and clunky.

I’d like to say I have a good tolerance for jank, but this feels completely unfinished in that regard. I’m really glad I didn’t buy it, expecting to be feature complete. Still gonna play along because it *is* fun and cute, but yikes.

There are a lot of rough edges, but there's also a ton of content. I've played 90 in-game days over 70 hours and it seems like there's still a good amount to do.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

buglord posted:

Yeah i'm whining about the lack of polish because others in the genre like Stardew Valley or Animal Crossing are incredibly polished. Still enjoying it though. Working on a bridge to get across to that new area.

I already checked BeforeIPlay.com, but are there any newbie traps or additional quality of life things I should be aware of? I haven't really gone minmaxing yet, I only have one furnace, just taking it all in. The game seems fine with me taking things at my own pace, but I'd rather not grind or do something painstakingly slow if there's some quick option im overlooking.

You're eventually going to want lots of furnaces.

The irrigation/water tower and irrigation tiles from the church are huge quality of life improvements but not necessary and you can buy fertilizer from the farm.

Other than that, nothing else is too critical. I posted a try hard guide a little ways up. Here's a few other tips that might save you some frustration.

The fastest way to get data disks is to just mine ore, there's a random chance to get them whenever you mine in the ruins and the chance is high enough that its faster to just do that than to chase relics with the scanner (you still want to chase relics for other reasons).

Fishing is a great source of money, and gets way easier after you get the level 2 workshop and upgrade your fishing rod.

If you want animals, you can just buy the relevant building from Albert & Gus's shop. Their shop is tucked in just beside the commerce guild and I didn't notice it the first month I played. Nothing in the game really guides you in this direction. Possibly because animals aren't that profitable.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Is there anyone or anything that will take care of your fish for you? Breeding King fish is crazy profitable but I'm trying to get one pair of each type and feeding them is getting annoying. Ack doesn't seem to. I just married Emily and she hasn't fed them yet.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 24, 2019

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Who is the best waifu/husbando? I married Emily but she turned out to be boring and I don't think she does anything Ack doesn't.

Mint seems to give the best rewards, but I'm in year 2 so I don't really need anything.

DropsySufferer posted:

This is a great game but it is agreed it is missing that last bit of polish. I’d say what takes me most out of the game is that you are teleported home if you stay up too late. Not even a token reason given. Same thing for running out of health. Sparing is broken and the poor townspeople don’t get iframes.

The game is amazing otherwise.

Sparing is balanced around you winning. The cost is the huge amount of stamina it sucks up.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

And yet it's so worth it to beat Higgins's rear end every day. :allears:

I prefer to steal the bar(s) from his furnace every morning. I've gotten to the point in my game where I have all the comprehensive cutters and grinders so I don't even make bars anymore, but I get up early just to steal from Higgins.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Stool Sample posted:

Gale. He comes with a free pig and has pretty hair.

Gust is my top pick for worst person in Portia. As just one example, he gets mad when Mint gives him free stuff to try and be his friend.

Gale is the mayor and doesn't have a pig.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 5, 2019

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Zesty posted:

We talking Gust or Gale here?

Mint is awful. and his voice acting is the worst in the game.

Gust I think since Gale doesn't have a pig.

I loathe Mint's voice, but his personality seemed okay. Maybe a little needy. What don't you like about him?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I got several months of entertainment out of a single playthrough. This game is amazing. Has anyone heard even a whisper of multiplayer support or mod?

My wife and I play it next to each other, but that's not the same thing.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

you know, i'm pretty tolerant of a lot of this game's issues, but selling paid DLC when so many of the game's other issues are still unaddressed is a little...

Agreed.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Bright Sun Day, and I still haven't built the bridge or a full set of civil furnaces yet. On the other hand, I've already got a dozen buddies. Progress, of a sort.

It's insane how much more profitable fishing is than doing anything else. Very frustrating that you can't make the tier two fishing rod until you unlock industrial furnaces.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I've noticed that people gain levels faster if I spar with them, so I've started sparring with the civil corps trio every day to help them level. Is there anything else I can do to help them level quickly?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

Do NPC levels even do anything?

I've been assuming it helps when they go on quests with you. I don't really know though.

I know that for the player there's some damage scaling based on level so it's harder to fight higher level monsters.

A fun trick if you need to kill a bunch of monsters or want to go hazardous ruin diving is to plan a play date for the morning and drag your partner into the fighting with you. Arlo is pretty useful to have along.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Megazver posted:

There's no reason not to do Kickstarter these days for a bit of extra security/testing the waters, tbh.

Also, if anyone skipped clicking a random undescribed Youtube link - they're Kickstarting My Time at Sandrock, the sequel to My Time at Portia.

Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/my-time-at-sandrock-us

My Time at Sandrock posted:

we’re going to have a dedicated single-player RPG and a special mode where friends or strangers can play together.

No! Bad Developer! No pledge for you!

I want to play the game with my friends. I don't want some weird mini-game.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

kloa posted:

There was a lot of charm with Portia, so hoping this next game is even better (especially with MP). Not a fan of 2d stuff like Stardew Valley, so I've been jonesing for a game like this to be MP and play with some friends/family.

I posted about this earlier on this page, but it doesn't look like the main game is going to be multiplayer.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

kloa posted:

Not yet. May pick it up on a sale eventually, but it looked more akin to Minecraft (open-ended) than a dedicated housing plot with upgrades and such, which is what I've been looking for like Portia.

Oh :saddowns: welp there goes my excitement.

You may enjoy Garden Paws. Everyone in it is a cute little animal and we didn't like it as much as SV or Portia, but it was a fun 30 hours before we got tired.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

There’s elements that don’t feel finished still, but nothing buggy or janky.

Well worth a play through. Steam says I’ve got a couple hundred hours in it.

Since you’ve already played SV and RF4 there’s nothing I would recommend over this.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I like this game a lot, but I always eventually burn out. The main story seems to be time-gated as much as anything. New events don't happen until a few days after you complete the previous one.

Every game I've started of this, I eventually hit a point where I can complete even big quest construction deliveries in a day or two. After that, I have to wait a week for the next event and it's just boring. Before that, it's great fun. Definitely my #2 recommendation after SV.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

I played the game a fair bit at release but haven't touched it since - have they added new content at all?

I only found it long after release so it's hard for me to tell. I know that there were several times I thought I'd reached the last quest, and then the game just kept going for dozens more hours.

The DLC is purely cosmetic.

If you post the last thing you remember, someone can probably comment on if there's more main story after that.

Most of the social mechanics still feel unfinished. The amount and usefulness of bonuses for friendship varies wildly between NPCs.

Farming/livestock work but are mostly money sinks.
Did release have fish tanks? There are fish tanks now and they're wildly profitable if you put king fish in them.

Top tier mining and woodcutting gear is electric powered now. Just hold down the button and chop/mine super fast. Feels real good.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Zesty posted:

May 2021 Dev Update

What do you mean you still haven't finished voice lines for Portia? Isn't Sandrock coming out soonish?

Wild. I didn't feel any dialogue was especially missing voice overs, but I'm not going to turn down a free update either.

Katana_Warrior posted:

i didn't know about sandrock until today, but that poo poo looks goooood. I liked portia a whole lot, but it had some big issues that they could address with this

What issues did you have? My main gripes was how much stuff was left unfinished or half-baked. Making a new game before polishing off the first one rather indicates that'll be an even bigger issue in Sandrock to me.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

TorakFade posted:

Well I'm very late to the party, got Portia in the sale and hoo boy that's stardew valley all over again - so, eating all my free time because I *need* to build more, more, more and make more and more money.

So how do I make money early on? Commissions are cool but it usually takes 2-3 days to finish one (I'm at 3 stone furnaces, 1 cutter, 1 grinder after about 1 week?) unless I luck out and already have some of the needed stuff done, and just upgrading one tool to bronze will basically cost me more than half my cash since I have to buy the upgrade kit

any other starting out tips guys? While this is even more relaxing and chill than Stardew Valley, the grind seems to be a bit tougher here

Commissions and story quests are the best way to make money early. Keep building up your workshop so you can produce enough surplus goods to be able to do 1-day turnarounds for commissions and story quests. Higgins will do some of the story quest commissions (mostly the ones that have multiple duplicates) if you take more than a day or two. Others will wait for you forever.

You get better furnaces and other workshop machines by taking data disks to the research center and doing research.

Eventually you'll be able to make the upgraded fishing rod. Once you have that, fishing becomes a great source of income.

Canuckistan posted:

fishing location spoiler - fishing down at the waterfall has a few fish worth 5000 and most worth 30 - 350. They're tough to catch with the beginner pole, but it's very possible and a great way to get a jump on the game.
New players are better off fishing at the fishing hole by the bridge you build/your workshop. The fish there are the easiest to catch and they're all useful.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 28, 2021

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

TorakFade posted:

Coming back to say that I really like Portia, better than stardew valley even (at least long term - I love how it has this feeling of "building up" the city that Stardew doesn't have, except the collectathon for the CC which is kinda bad imo), but BY GOD it's grindy. I've made a bunch of extra crafting machines because the quests are getting pretty intense material requirements, but a full day of mining for copper/tin gives me just enough ore to last a couple days at this insane pace, and I'm still always without bronze bars. I'd have to spend 1 in 3 days in the mines which is honestly quite boring, is there some other way to get ores/metals in bulk?

I usually get 1k+ ores per day spent mining in the ruins.

The trick is that there are three reasons to go mining.

Reason 1, and probably what you're doing, is to get artifacts. In this case, you activate your glowing dot goggles and mine towards glowing dots. This is a good way to get artifacts that only drop in the mines and only that.

Reason 2 to go to the mines is to get ores. In this case, you want to find a copper or whatever patch and just mine it. Don't worry about anything else, just do all the mining you can. If you run out of stamina, eat food or go eat at Djangos and come back. Djangos is a very cost efficient source of extra stamina throughout the game. Especially if you only eat the special of the day.

Reason 3 to go to the mines is to get data disks. Good news, data disks don't just drop from the glowing dot goggle loot spots. They're a random drop with a low chance of happening any time you mine anything. The best, fastest way to get data disks, is to do the same thing you do when mining ores. Find a good spot and just mine, mine, mine.

As other people have pointed out, boosting your attack helps. So does having the various mining boosting skills in the middle skill tree. Even more important than those, there's an attack boosting skill in the left hand combat tree. You really want that talent maxed out for pretty much all builds. I also recommend you max out the xp boosting talent too, but that's more of a personal preference thing. XP booster talents in most games are usually trap options, but in Portia, you need to take something from that tier anyways, and there's more than enough levels/xp in the game for them to pay for themselves.

All that said, it is a grindy game. I usually have 4+ furnaces running at full tilt at all times.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Zesty posted:

I've been playing Portia again.

Here's a convenient Villager Gift spreadsheet I made for myself. If it's helpful for you, feel free to make a copy and edit it to your preferences.

Cool.

Pinky, the cat, will eat almost any kind of fish. Including catfish and frog fish, so I usually give any spare fish to her rather than selling them after the early game.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Drakenel posted:

Don't chop the cactus.

Cactus balls are fine. But the ones that stand taller? Oh noooo the fun police runs you down instantly.

Harming Saguaro cactuses is illegal by state law in Arizona in and can result in a maximum of 3 years and 9 months of jail time. This is because it takes 35-75 years for them to flower and they usually don't reach full height until over 100 years of age. They're rare enough that it is still profitable to illegally harvest adult saguaro's and sell them to collectors for bragging rights.

I'm guessing that it's a nod to that, or some other real-world conservation effort.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

How good is Portia now? Is it still glitchy?

It's my second recommendation for people who have already played all the Stardew Valley they can. I've spent a lot of time playing other games, and it's really just SV, Portia, and RF4 in a class of their own. Everything else is a big step down in at least one or more areas.

I've never had a glitch in Portia, although it is worth manually copying your save every month or so - the game's autosave feature will over-ride your manual saves if you let it run long enough. I once accidentally left it on unpaused without noticing and it faithfully autosaved every day for a year and a half. Naturally, this wiped out every other save on that character. Despite that, it was still completely playable, just with a weird date. And that's the worst behavior I've seen in Portia.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

Sorry I should have clarified but im playing Portia and basically everytime the pickaxe hits something theres a 0.5 second pause. I want to get rid of that if its possible. Since it does not happen with the Axe I take it the game does some sanity/recalcuiation check for the breakable terrain but doesnt take into account if you actually hit terrain.

I found one other person who reported the exact same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/mytimeatportia/comments/aooiob/stutter_whenever_pickaxe_hits_a_rock/. Unfortunately, they never found a fix.

I've never seen that. You could try generic things, like reducing the video quality settings. Grass quality is largely irrelevant, for example. You might try running it in fullscreen instead of windowed (which I think is the default).

Sorry :(

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

Talking is very much a waste of time and the idea of wasting 5 skill points to get 2 points instead of 1 is borderline offensive in Portia. Is the social tree the same bad in Sandrock so far?

I usually max out that perk in Portia. Doubling the amount of relationship points you get is fairly significant, especially in the first year when getting gifts for everyone is expensive, but you walk past more than half the town every day. There's another one that gives bonus points for gifts, and I usually put a few points in that too, but I only max it out if I'm trying to befriend one of the difficult NPCs like Ginger. Respeccing is cheap and easy, so I use it a fair bit mid-game on.

In portia, all mining and wood-cutting actions are based on attack damage, so that one low-level perk that increase attack damage is actually one of the best perks possible, because it lets you work faster and more efficiently. It's a noticeable boost to how much you get done each day, and also a decent xp boost because you do so much more stuff.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Sylphosaurus posted:

I've just recently tried to get back into Portia on my PS5 since my daughter wanted to play it together with me. What are the basic Do's and Dont's in the early game?

Fix up your house ASAP. Similarly, stuff you put in your house is a huge part of your stats. It's pretty much always worth putting furniture, etc down in your house. Even if you are at the stat cap, the cap increases with every housing upgrade so it'll be useful eventually.

The two main ways you make money are fishing and doing the daily construction quests. Nothing else comes close. You need multiple furnaces, 4-6. To get enough ore to fuel the furnaces, you should focus on just mining in the mines, the artifacts aren't helpful early game and you don't get anything from most of them anyways. You can exchange stone for wood or vice-versa from the same place where you upgrade your workbench - it's a semi-hidden building right beside where you get your daily quests. On one side is the mayor and on the other is Gus's shop where you upgrade your workbench and exchange stone for wood.

Farming and animal raising are not profitable. If you avoid losing money on it, that's a win. On the other hand, apple trees are amazing and provide a lot of extra stamina from apple slices from mid-game on.

Other than that, do whatever. It's a very relaxed game, and except for a few story missions, there's not even a soft time limit.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Daztek posted:

They posted a roadmap for 2022 earlier and I think they said they'll be in EA for at least a year

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1084600/view/3358009685435527202

Thanks. Looks like they'll be adding new festivals through at least 2023. I would want to be able to do those, so I'll probably try and wait for them to be mostly done.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

What machines did you put in your factory for My Time At Portia? I kind of feel like my current setup outside the factory works just fine and probably wouldn't bother if there weren't things that can only be made in the factory.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Gyoru posted:

"Knives Out" update coming mid-April (release date TBD next week)
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1084600/announcements/detail/3684546740144699554
this one includes marriage too

Yes, that's what a life sim needs, a murder mystery update :(

Knives Out is actually a great social critique dressed up as a murder mystery and you should go watch it but it should have nothing at all to do with this game.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, same. I tried playing Mineral Town hoping for more Stardew Valley, but bounced off pretty quickly and ended up just going back to SV again. I can't really put my finger on what was missing, I guess overall it just felt a little sterile in terms of vibe and character.

Also speaking of other farm sims, I've been following Coral Island with some interest. It hews very closely to SV in terms of mechanics, but with enough of a unique spin on aesthetics and characters that I could see it hitting quite well once it's done.

Coral Island crashed four times in four different places on multiple save files on the first day when I tried it earlier this month. Seems pretty unstable.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Better to take the time to do it right than release early.

I've been holding off starting my playthrough until release because I thought I remembered them saying they were updating NPCs as part of it?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I'm excited for the Sandrock "full release" tomorrow.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I'm having fun but the decision to make furnaces take quartz is just brutal. Spent all day running around trying to find something that drops them. I got two of the four I need from I know not where. The in game guide is telling me I need to go kill doom chickens or some such but not only are they stamina hogs to kill just starting out, but quartz isn't even a guaranteed drop. I haven't gotten one yet (and I know the two I have didn't come from the chickens since you can't even equip a weapon before level 4 and I had both quartz before hitting that milestone).

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

Quartz simply drops from gravel stones about 50% of the time or so. Just as bloodstone is from hard rocks

Thank you.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

For the skill points, the skill for "salvaging scrap" is different from the skill for "logging." Does anyone know which one chopping wood scrap up to get it counts as?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

LLSix posted:

For the skill points, the skill for "salvaging scrap" is different from the skill for "logging." Does anyone know which one chopping wood scrap up to get it counts as?

I just ran an experiment by taking the "Recycling Knowledge" skill and watching my stamina bar. The junk piles inside the mine\scrap yard that you hit with a hammer definitely count as "salvage" for that skill.

FrickenMoron posted:

Anything where you gain scrap should be salvaging, logging is chopping actual trees like deadwood.

Thanks!