Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

TurnipFritter posted:

i've been watching a stream of the demo (because lol my laptop could never), and while i really like the character designs this time around, the constant talk about water scarcity is really stressing me out, because i'm apparently the sort of brain broke individual who can be stressed out watching another person play a demo of a video game that uses water scarcity as flavor text

The water thing stops being an issue at all pretty quickly, you can harvest dew from cactus and make your own water right off. Just dont chop down plants too close to town or you get in trouble.
Sandrock overall feels like a solid update, being able to sprint everywhere like an anime is super nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh yeah agreed, its definetly technically an improvement. They even added cutscenes and everything.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I liked what I played of Sandrock far more than Portia, it has a way better tutorial and a bunch of qol improvements.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Remember new players, the Research Station has two tabs of research items. The upgrades for the Workbench and a bunch of other things are on the second tab.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

GotLag posted:

The objectively best animal companion, CoCo, likes cactus fruit, scorpsters, and shiny scorpions

Coco is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Ytlaya posted:

BTW what are people naming their workshops? Mine is "Dustworks," which I thought was pretty good since I'm normally terrible at naming things.
All of my places are called "Doomhole", its my own stupid tradition since Stardew.