Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Howdy Yobstronauts. I am working on an idea for an SA contest with a real honest-to-goodness sponsor! It's very early still, but I need to feel around for exactly the right subforum to host it.

I don't think it's right for BYOB, sorry, I'll try to find y'all a good one too if it works. I'm thinking GBS right now but maybe not, the subject might be too political. Frankly, I don't know enough about what the sponsors want to do yet, so I just need to be prepared.

SO! If anyone would be so kind as to help me out, I need to compile a contact list of the appropriate subforum moderators to approach about large projects. It could be a useful resource for other people too, it would remove the guesswork in any given subforum if you wanted to do something big or unusual and felt the need to check first with whoever that ought to go through. I know I've been unsure plenty of times in subforums I've only ever lurked in before (most of them), and all the rules thread contacts are out of date it seems (except here, because our mods are the Harlem Globetrotters of moderating. That one's still at it with a baby tied to him!!!)

If BYOB helps me with this I will end this thread by breaking one of my own rules and posting adorable pictures of my cat on the internet. I don't just do that for anybody I'll have you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stooge

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

If BYOB helps me with this I will end this thread by breaking one of my own rules and posting adorable pictures of my cat on the internet. I don't just do that for anybody I'll have you know.

gonna need half dem cat pictures up front, ok slick?

Manifisto

subforum: coupons & deals
contact person: my butt
notes: if you're not getting a response you might need to get a little closer, it's kind of hard of hearing

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

D&D has Party Plane Jones, R. Guyovich (sp?), and possibly a third. PPJ has a stickied thread up, so you can send him a pm.
Book Barn is Hieronymous Alloy.
PYF has Literally A Bird, EmmyOK, and maybe another.

xcheopis

YOSPOS has Graph. That is also where you should post pictures of your cat.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
there's a list posted and stickied in qcs:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809308

alnilam

BoldFrankensteinMir

Oh dang! Luvcow shoots, they score! Much obliged.

Now I will take pictures of my cat, as agreed upon.

Farecoal

There he go
:colbert:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm waiting on the cat pictures

BoldFrankensteinMir

My cat's name is Gomez, because he's a tuxedo cat. He will be eight in March.

His favorite things are sitting on things, sleeping, sitting IN things, sleeping, rolling IN things, sleeping, and sleeping. He's a good boy.

Here's a picture of him as a kitten. This is the last time he was what you might call "active".

Once he discovered napping on top of human stuff, all other activities fell away. Gomez had found his calling.

You have to be careful packing or making beds with him around because the old "if I fits I sits" cat logic is central to him.

All boxes are property of Gomez, this is just understood by everyone.

He enjoys other things occasionally, batting a bottlecap around on a hardwood floor or flossing his teeth on guitar strings. This picture kinda shows another fave- getting dead grass all over his fur and then parading around like they're medals. Just like bottlecap soccer it's tough to catch him in the act because the moment he knows you've noticed him he'll stop and writhe around for pets. He's a little attention-junky baby who sits on stuff. You know, a cat.

This is from last summer. Gomez has adapted well to living in the country- he has all manner of new weird things to sit on, like these four rusty railroad spikes. I swear he's the filthiest cat I've ever known, he loves nothing more than to get his paws in dirt, mold, garbage, rust, whatever he can. Gomez is the sphinx of junk.

Of course I didn't just say I would SHOW pictures, I also promised to take some. So here's some pics I took of Gomez yesterday, on his pile-of-newspaper-ads throne.

Gonna do something fun today, Gomez?

Sitting on newspapers IS fun, Gomez suggests.

Harumph! (Gomez is not very playful when it's super cold outside)

There, I have posted cat pictures in BYOB, a list of mods is had, the prophecy is fulfilled.

Sig by Heather Papps

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

My cat's name is Gomez, because he's a tuxedo cat. He will be eight in March.

His favorite things are sitting on things, sleeping, sitting IN things, sleeping, rolling IN things, sleeping, and sleeping. He's a good boy.

Here's a picture of him as a kitten. This is the last time he was what you might call "active".

Once he discovered napping on top of human stuff, all other activities fell away. Gomez had found his calling.

You have to be careful packing or making beds with him around because the old "if I fits I sits" cat logic is central to him.

All boxes are property of Gomez, this is just understood by everyone.

He enjoys other things occasionally, batting a bottlecap around on a hardwood floor or flossing his teeth on guitar strings. This picture kinda shows another fave- getting dead grass all over his fur and then parading around like they're medals. Just like bottlecap soccer it's tough to catch him in the act because the moment he knows you've noticed him he'll stop and writhe around for pets. He's a little attention-junky baby who sits on stuff. You know, a cat.

This is from last summer. Gomez has adapted well to living in the country- he has all manner of new weird things to sit on, like these four rusty railroad spikes. I swear he's the filthiest cat I've ever known, he loves nothing more than to get his paws in dirt, mold, garbage, rust, whatever he can. Gomez is the sphinx of junk.

Of course I didn't just say I would SHOW pictures, I also promised to take some. So here's some pics I took of Gomez yesterday, on his pile-of-newspaper-ads throne.

Gonna do something fun today, Gomez?

Sitting on newspapers IS fun, Gomez suggests.

Harumph! (Gomez is not very playful when it's super cold outside)

There, I have posted cat pictures in BYOB, a list of mods is had, the prophecy is fulfilled.

tuxedo cats rule, thats a real nice cat

BoldFrankensteinMir

Thanks! Nobody's ever been mean to him so he's super trusting and affectionate with everybody. And he's had several best-friend cats over the years so other than a few little hisses over sleeping spots now and then he's sociable. I think I might get him a kitten to play with this year, if the spring is nice.

Sig by Heather Papps

alnilam

great cat and great catpost

alnilam

well worth the inordinate amount of effort it took to compile the mod list

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

Anything worth doing is worth the 5 minutes it takes to find out someone else already did it

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

FluffieDuckie posted:

Anything worth doing is worth the 5 minutes it takes to find out someone else already did it

words to live by

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

FluffieDuckie posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

great cat and great catpost

alnilam posted:

FluffieDuckie posted:

TVsVeryOwn posted:

words to live by

I'm just empty quoting all of this because it's good and true and hi Hogge!!!