Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Blue Beetle

The Blue Beetle is having a Bad Time. A pair of long blades form over his hands before vanishing back into him. "No - no, stop that! Stop that, I don't care! Ugh..." He looks up, then around. "So...are we in space? We're in space, right?" Pause. "Yeah, thought so, thanks. That's...cool, I gues. Why are we in space?" He rubs the back of his head. "Um, how long is this going to take? I kind of, uh, I have to be home by nine tonight barring emergencies."

Pause.

"I mean, I guess space is an emergency?"

quote:

Affiliations
Solo d10
Buddy d6
Team d8

Distinctions
Rookie Hero
Blue Beetle Symbiote
Strong Support Network

Powersets
Scarab Armor
Flight d6
Enhanced Durability d8
Technology Influence d6
Intangibility d8
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Superhuman Senses d10
Superhuman Stamina d10
Superhuman Strength d10
Mental Resistance d8
SFX: Rerouting Power: Shutdown any Scarab Armor power to step up another Scarab Armor power by +1. Recover the power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
SFX: Full Defense: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma or complications from electricity, radiation, poison or direct physical attack.
Limit: Power Overload: Shutdown any Scarab Armor power to gain 1 PP. Recover the power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
Limit: Of Two Minds: Mental Resistance provides defense only against telepathic or mind control effects, not direct psychic blasts.

Reach Infiltrator
Metamorphic Weaponry d8
Energy Blast d8
Supersonic Flight d10
Superhuman Durability d10
SFX: Tactical Advice: Add a d6 to your dicepool for an attack action and step back the highest die in the pool by -1 to step up Physical Stress inflicted by +1.
SFX: Combined Arms: If a pool includes a Reach Infiltrator power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.
SFX: Khaji Da - Assuming Direct Control: Step up or double any Reach Infiltrator or Scarab Armor power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to the doom pool equal to the normal rating of that power.
SFX: Nuclear Option: When making a reaction pool using a Reach Infiltrator power against a pool with a d12 in it, step up Emotional Stress to step up or double your highest die.
Limit: Tactical Disagreement: Change any Reach Infiltrator power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.
Limit: Reach Technology: Earn 1 PP when affected by Reach-specific Milestones and tech.

Specialties
None.

]Milestones
Enthusiastic Inexperience
1 XP: When someone gives you advice or warns you about something you don't know.
3 XP: When your enthusiasm gets you into serious trouble.
10 XP: When you manage to defeat a villain despite some serious blunders or you are taken under the wing of another hero for intensive training.

My Mom Didn't Raise Me Like That
1 XP: When you refuse to do something or stop someone else from doing something because it's not right and your family wouldn't approve.
3 XP: When you refuse to inflict physical trauma on someone after stressing them out.
10 XP: When you accept the Scarab's advice and use lethal force or when you take a stand and actively try to save the life of a doomed enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Blue Beetle

“That...probably counts. Especially if I can say I was helping Superman.”

Jaime nods, then...stares.

“Man, you know, you come from a wordy planet. But, uh, I did real well in algebra and I’m pretty sure that’s not math. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m on board for stopping...the evil alien overlord of the planet named Apocalypse, whose name is Darkside...”

Pause.

“Is all of space full of this kind of names?”

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Blue Beetle

“Space is weird, I guess.” Pause. “Wait, there’s a guy called Manhunter? What kind of evil stuff does he do?”

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Blue Beetle
1 PP, 0 XP

"...huh. Well, okay." He's not about to argue with Superman, after all. "Nice to meet you guys. I'm the Blue Beetle. You can call me Jaime if you want." Superman's trustworthy, after all, so these guys should be okay to reveal himself to, right? "I'm, uh, I'm kinda new at all this stuff."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Blue Beetle

"Oh, I've got...well, a lot, honestly. I still don't know everything I can do." He Pauses. "Yes, I know you're telling me when I ask, but you still never told me I could track genetic markers. That was kind of creepy." Pause. "Anyway, I'm pretty hard to hurt, and I can pop out...just about any weapon I want? Like this." He lifts a hand, and the suit flows around it, growing a sharp, viciously curved blade, which then melts into a truncated, stump-like blaster. "Which..."

He pauses, and coughs. "Well, I'm not the best at using." Pause. "No, I'm not following your advice! You keep telling me to kill things!" Pause. "No, I said we're not doing that." Pause. "...anyway. I...can see a lot of...stuff?" He waves the blaster vaguely as it melts back into a hand. "Like...energy. If I look for it I can sense all kinds of energy and...and information about things. And I can...feel electricity. Like a smell? Like, I can smell how all this place is wired...ish. It's...it's weird."

He looks at something that isn't there, poking at the air in front of him with a finger. "...wow, this place is big. Are all those things weapon mounts? Did it really need that many weapon mounts? And...what even is - no, never mind. Uh. I can fly, too. That's cool. I like the flying."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Blue Beetle

Jaime nods to White Lantern. "Something like that."

Then he stops and stares at Metron and his holograms for several seconds.

"Y'all need Jesus, esé."

Teenagers.