Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

White Lantern
XP: 0 | PP: 1

"That isn't even the silliest I've heard. Interstellar translation can get kind of... kooky.", Susan says to Beetle. She looks at her ring for a long moment, then looks up to Metron. "Wait, Mars 'invented' a 'Life Equation'? What does that even mean? Are you saying life originated on Mars in this Solar System?", she says a little skeptically. "And what's 'Boom Tube' technology? It's... safe, right?" She rubs her neck. "See, this is what I mean about translation..."

pre:
White Lantern					Susan Delancy (secret)

Affiliations	Solo d10	Buddy d6	Team d8

Distinctions	Looking to the Future
		Preserver of Life
		Scientific Thinking

Power Set	White Lantern Ring

Life Sense d10			Enhanced Stamina d10
		Space Flight d12		Superhuman Durability d10
		Teleport d12			White Light Supremacy d12

SFX:	Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep
	an additional effect die.
SFX:	Prismatic Mimic: Step up your emotional stress to change White Light Supremacy to
	another emotional spectrum supremacy power (except Black) for a scene. Lose access to Lifeweb Sense
	and Healing while mimicking that power, but add a d10 power and SFX appopriate to 
	that emotional spectrum powerset for the scene.
SFX:	Healing. Add White Light Supremacy to your dice pool when helping others recover
	stress. Spend 1 PP to recover your own or another’s physical stress or step back
	your own or another’s physical trauma.
SFX:	Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress or trauma from death-related powers or
	effects, radiation, pressure, or vacuum.
SFX:	Multipower. Add more than one White Lantern Ring power die to a pool. Step back
	each White Lantern Ring power die in that pool once for each die beyond the first.

Limit:	Gear. Shutdown White Lantern Ring to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to
	recover White Lantern Ring.
Limit:	Mood Swings. When using Prismatic Mimic, both 1 and 2 on your dice count as
	opportunities, but only 1s are excluded from being used for totals or effect dice.
Limit:	Ring Capacity. Shutdown any White Lantern Ring power to gain 1 PP. Activate an
	opportunity or participate in a Transition Scene while you have access to the White
	Lantern Battery to recover that power.
Limit:	Wormhole Generation. Teleport may only be used across interstellar or intergalactic
	distances.

Specialties	Combat Expert d8		Medical Expert d8
		Psych Expert d8			Science Expert d8

In Brightest Day

1 XP	… when you try to impart hope or inspiration.
3 XP	… when you use Healing to help somebody recover stress or trauma.
10 XP	… when you pull a fellow hero or opposing villain from death or near-death, or
	  choose to let somebody pass on to the next world.

In Darkest Night

1 XP	… when you talk about being chosen as the Lantern or about the Life Entity.
3 XP	… when you seek out or confront a known murderer or embodiment of death.
10 XP	… when you take an action against your moral code at the request of the Life
	  Entity, or defy the Entity's request and risk losing the ring.

Character art by Psuedofolio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

White Lantern

"Just when I need some info, now you're silent?", White Lantern says rather quietly to her ring with a sigh, and the looks to Superman. "I'll have to ask them, if life and supervillainy gives me a moment. Maybe I should take a second look at Mars, too... but I guess we've got a new crisis on our hands, one way or the other." A slight pause. "And, uh, it's an honor to meet you.", she adds with a more embarrassed tone, putting her hand to her chest.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

White Lantern

"It's good to meet you too.", Susan says to Black Adam with half-lidded eyes. A slight shake of her head, and she gives Green Arrow a half-wave. "White Lantern, I guess I'm here to fill out the leftover shades of the rainbow."

And finally, she adds to Blue Beetle more quietly. "... voice in your head, huh? Maybe we can talk about that later."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

White Lantern

Raising an eyebrow at Grant's display, Susan says, "Huh." She eyes the computer. Some kind of device like her own? Well, she still has other questions.

Looking to Metron, she says, "Sounds a lot more like symbolism than science. A book that gives a way to communicate across... worlds? Dimensions? Like, does it have blueprints, or it a ritual, or...?" She frowns slightly. "It all sounds... pretty esoteric."