Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Event of the year
UFC 244

Such a great card. Even the heavyweights were pretty good. Shame about the ending, but the fight was excellent up until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
KO of the Year
Kevin Lee killing Gillespie.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

KO of the Year:
Davy Gallon vs Ross Pearson, Rolling Thunder Kick, MTK MMA

https://twitter.com/ImShannonTho/status/1195834615581286400

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Holy poo poo. That's an amazing KO. Found a clip with some better replay angles midway through.

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1195836332540600320

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Worst card of the year:
UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Jacaré (also known as UFC Fight Night 164 and UFC on ESPN+ 22)

It's not over yet, but 4 of the 5 fights on the main card have been so bad that they could have been individually shortlisted for worst fight of the year.

E. Worst fight of the year: Andre Muniz def. Antonio Arroyo on the above card.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah that was loving garbage

That wasn't even worth having on in the background while you fold laundry or whatever. Worst card of the year.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to nominate Blachowitz v Jacare for worst fight of the year because gently caress that fight and gently caress that card

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Worst Fight of the Year / Worst Card of the Year are really odd categories for voting because because that requires people to see them them, but you don't want to tell someone "Did you see this card/fight? Go watch it and see how bad it is! No way, this one is worse! Go watch it now!"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
30 more days to make your nominations folks.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

I think there should be a Foul of the Year nomination for Jake Hager's massive knee directly to Anthony Garrett's dick and balls at Bellator 231.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Sub of the year:

Bryce Mitchell, twister vs Matt Sayles, UFC on ESPN whatever

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just got around to updating my spreadsheet so everything is current to this post.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cecil Peoples Award: refs for Cody Stamann vs. Song Yadong, UFC Fight Night DC, 12/7

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cecil Peoples Award: refs for Cody Stamann vs. Song Yadong, UFC Fight Night DC, 12/7

Do you mean the referee award or the judges award?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mekchu posted:

Do you mean the referee award or the judges award?

Judges sorry

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Big Dan/Lil Kim Award for Refereeing Incompetence
UFC on ESPN 7: Dan Miragliotta quietly telling Stefan Struve he was winning the fight to convince him to get back up after a second kick to the dick, at which point Ben Rothwell obliterated Struve.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edit - Oops

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Joe Silva Questionable Booking

Tito vs Alberto Del Rio

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The Big Dan/Lil Kim Award for Refereeing Incompetence
UFC on ESPN 7: Dan Miragliotta quietly telling Stefan Struve he was winning the fight to convince him to get back up after a second kick to the dick, at which point Ben Rothwell obliterated Struve.

Also at the same event, Fernando Yamasaki, who (exists and) does exactly what Mario does, which is to say absolutely nothing during the round, but adds in this:

https://streamable.com/m4x3q

Also Bigi Boy vs Reem for comeback of the year, down 4 rounds on all scorecards, merciful walkaway KO that splits Reem's mouth bad enough we can see his mouthguard through where his lip used to be.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Honorable Mention Fight of the Year:

Brandon Moreno vs Kai Kara-France, UFC 245

smol dudes swangin big shots

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Worst MMA Hype

Chase Hoop talking about M&M World @ UFC 245

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
UFC 245 for best event and schadenfreude

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lloyd Boner posted:

UFC 245 for best event and schadenfreude

It's this.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Usman Covington was satisfying enough for the honorable mention fight of the year imo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight of the Year: Ogikubo vs Ishiwatari, RIZIN 20

Round of the Year: Ogikubo vs Ishiwatari, r3, RIZIN 20

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1211937660765425665

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Event of the Year: RIZIN 20

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those are counting for 2020 since I'm traveling and cant update my form etc til the 5th of January at the earliest. I'll jeep keep those in mind and add them to the 2020 OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the 2020 nominations thread is up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908602

if Jerusalem could help fix the tag that'd be nice.

Don't forget to vote for the 2019 Awards - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907807

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 31, 2019