Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
penis inspection day was bullshit, but at least I always got a passing grade there so that's always nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

I went to a private school so we got "demerits" that meant literally nothing. if they caught you with coke, like my one friend was caught with CONSTANTLY, they called your parents. that parent would write a check. whether there were any other consequences, :shrug:

dang, was Pepsi the only cola allowed? or were all soda just forbidden? must suck not being allowed to have a coke now and then...

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moon Atari posted:

Did everyone else briefly get taught to write in full cursive at all times only to have it reversed to never write in full cursive a few years later? In year four and five I had a teacher who was very strict in teaching proper handwriting. The problem was she was old as hell, and her version of proper handwriting was full cursive rather than simplified "running writing".

Note things like the z's and capital G, J and Q that are unrecognizable by their print letterforms. Anyone who was in her class internalized this writing style dutifully and unquestioningly until it became reflex. Then we got to year six and had different teachers who questioned why we all insisted on this inefficient ornate style. By the time I got to high school I was being told off by teachers for wasting my writing time and their ease of reading with my swirly bullshit, and they literally couldn't recognize the uncommon letterforms as many had never learned them.

tbqh I still to this day will default to considering people who don't write in cursive to be... let's say a bit slow witted. I know it's not a reasonable thing to think, but whatever.