Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I got in trouble along with some other kids for making a mess throwing paper towel balls into the bathroom trashcan basketball style. Punishment was detention which scared me a lot since I didn't often get in trouble. I had to take a note home to my parents letting them know why, and they were both like "wtf your teachers are ridiculous". That was my first taste of anti authority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I went to a Christian School for a few years in early grade school and a common punishment was being made to miss recess and instead stand in a dark classroom with the other bad kids and march in place while a teacher supervised and read or whatever. We'd get scolded if we fell out of step from one another.

I remember marching with six or so other kids one time and a second teacher poked her head in to chat the first teacher up, and the supervising teacher remarked "don't you just love that sound" [of little children marching in unison]. That was another formative moment where I learned that people can enjoy control and that's not good.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

my classes fuckup students concocted their own fuckup prank where they moved the dumpsters into the front driveway to block the buses and cars from entering one morning. This caused a very minor gridlock around the highschool but the higher ups poo poo the fuckin bed with rage and got the cops involved but afaik none of the perpetrators ever confessed

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Real Mean Queen posted:

This all culminated with our teacher saying that the average kid in a wagon train was not allowed to ride in the wagon, but instead had to walk an average of ten to twelve miles a day. Naturally, this meant that everyone in the class had to put on a backpack containing a sleeping bag and walk the ten to twelve miles along the shoulderless highway from our elementary school to the teacher’s front door in the hottest part of the year so that we could all have a big sleepover in his living room. I did not personally get molested, but I’m pretty sure that not everyone can say the same

How many decades ago was this?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

The part of the story they're leaving out is how the paint tasted