Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time half the boys in my class were rounded up at recess, including me, when one of them confessed to "balltapping"

So I had to spend 5 minutes in the math teacher's room thumbing through the pocket bible until the teacher realized that the future goon would conceivably never do such rowdy and unruly activities with the other guys a little way too into sports so I was let go eventually.

Also if you hosed up in the history class you were forced to do long subtraction of a number like 15,000 minus 15 to zero with proof of every work/step involved and if you messed up that you had to start all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I learned cursive and my handwriting is poo poo but I find that far easier than printing letters.

value-brand cereal posted:

Having to do Intruder Alert practices and if you didn't crawl under your nasty gross desk like all the others the entire class got punished.

Oh jesus, this. I loathe the concept of "one person hosed up so EVERYBODY IS PUNISHED so much. One of the most egregious examples of this was one time in grade school we all had to stand in single file lines and wait until we could be freed to run around on the blacktop or whatever. The one kid who couldn't shut the gently caress up made the recess monitor or teacher before lunch break hold the entire class in the line starting with "NOW YOU HAVE ONLY 29 MINUTES OF RECESS" (30 minutes was the norm.)
Whenever one of the students loudly moaned in protest, the teacher ticked it down one minute. "NOW YOU ONLY HAVE 28 MINUTES, 27 etc" until it actually got down to 5 minutes of free time for that day.

I seriously do not know what that is supposed to teach, but I imagine it sure as hell didn't teach students to speak up on the fear they'll bring the entire ship down for being the hero. :rant:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Sheen Sheen posted:

My high school had lots of kids smoking in bathroom stalls, which I guess is pretty standard for teenagers at the time. My school’s brilliant plan to combat this was to rip the doors off of all the stalls in every bathroom (at least in every boys bathroom; no idea if they did the same thing in the girls bathrooms, but I can’t imagine they did). So if you wanted to/needed to take a dump at school, you had to do it in an open stall without a door

Hahahah the gently caress? :how: