Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
My high school had lots of kids smoking in bathroom stalls, which I guess is pretty standard for teenagers at the time. My school’s brilliant plan to combat this was to rip the doors off of all the stalls in every bathroom (at least in every boys bathroom; no idea if they did the same thing in the girls bathrooms, but I can’t imagine they did). So if you wanted to/needed to take a dump at school, you had to do it in an open stall without a door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

EorayMel posted:

Hahahah the gently caress? :how:

I basically spent a year of high school holding my dumps until I got home, then during junior year my friend pointed out that the nurses’ office had a single-use bathroom with a door you could close and lock, and they’d let you use it if you asked them.

My wife also told me that the graduating class before hers got in trouble for their senior prank, which involved jamming like 20,000 plastic spoons into the school’s front lawn so they were standing straight up. The administration freaked the gently caress out over this and started angrily threatening to cancel prom and were even trying to make sure that the kids who did it wouldn’t be allowed to graduate, but they backed down when the parents collectively told them to gently caress off

American schools are really dumb

Sheen Sheen fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 19, 2019

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Rutibex posted:

lol that's a weak prank.

Yeah, that’s what makes the admin’s freak out so hilarious

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

The_Franz posted:

Besides the bullshit about not being able to leave campus in high school (you could leave if you were legally an adult, but they accumulated as absences, even if it was just for lunch or your classes were done for the day), the teachers and administration were bathroom nazis. Most of the time there was only one unlocked bathroom in the building (in the name of stopping smoking) and there typically wasn't enough time to circle the building to figure out which one in between classes. In some cases, once classes started they would *all* be locked, which I'm pretty sure wasn't legal.

Some rear end in a top hat teachers wouldn't let people leave class to use the toilet at all, even if they obviously really needed to go. Others would give the bathroom pass to the troublemaker kid at the beginning of the class as a way to get rid of them, but then they wouldn't let anyone else go until said troublemaker returned with the pass, which, of course, wasn't until the very end of class.

Denying people the use of the toilet isn't allowed in actual prisons, but for some reason it's ok in US schools.

I swear to god the teachers in my elementary school got off on denying kids trips to the bathroom, especially my 4th grade teacher. God forbid you asked to go to the bathroom too soon after another kid went, she’s reflexively reply with “no! It’s just monkey see, monkey do! :mad: “ No you batty bitch, I just don’t want to piss my pants

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
My high school had to frantically cancel and reschedule our junior prom, since they had originally scheduled it for April 20th and I guess no one in the administration had heard about the significance of that date until like a month before :v:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Did other states have bans on students wearing clothing that had any brand name associated with beer or tobacco? A friend of mine had a jacket and there was a small Marlboro logo on it and he was told to either turn it inside out or not wear it.

Not sure about tobacco (probably wasn’t allowed now that I think about it), but alcohol was a definite no-no, which led to a funny incident in middle school where a kid wearing a shirt that said “ABSOLUT HOCKEY” had to turn it inside-out. I don’t even think there was a vodka bottle on the shirt anywhere haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Play posted:

You should inform her that each person in fact has their own separate bladder. They do not connect together in some enormous subspace reservoir of piss

That’s Catholic school for ya! :shrug: