Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo

Avoid shopping entirely and steal someone's grocery laden car while they're returning the cart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo

*pouring lighter fluid all over a mid 90s Buick in a roadside ditch* All that for a couple packs of depends and...Hydrox? They still make these?

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

hamjobs posted:

don't shop at Costco, just walk around and eat free samples until right before closing, then hide in the racks until after close and stock goes home for the night--then shop.

you heard it here first, burn all your earthly possessions and live at Costco

lol but

body is a dinosaur
taking something from another shopper's cart before either of us have checked out... lawyers hate this!

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
I have built myself a pillow-fort in the back of the employee lounge. I feed myself on the finest fig newtons that money could buy, if I were forced to buy them. You see, I've lived here for months now, and as long as I don't try to leave the store cannot charge me. I invite a date over, and we dine on the most expensive steaks the store has to offer, and drink the best cheap wine I can wrestle from employees hands. Later, to entertain myself before bed, I take one of the steering-wheel covers and pretend that I'm driving, complete with "vroom vroom" sounds.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Welcome to Costco I love you

sig by owlhawk911

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
child's vomit in the sanitary aisle this morning, cart wheel tread on spilled stomach content. this store is afraid of me. i have seen it's true face. the check out lanes are extended gutters and the gutters are full of groceries and when the drains finally scab over, all the clientèle will drown. the accumulated filth of all their vouchers and loyalty points will foam up about their waists and all the customers and consumers will look up and shout "is this coupon still valid?"...

...and i'll look down, and whisper "no."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dungeon Ecology

not many people know this but grocery stores all have a secret level that can only be entered once you max out your stats in veggie handling, dented can identification, and cart dodging

King of Bees
If you think about it being a stockperson is like grocery shopping but backwards

Finger Prince

King of Bees posted:

If you think about it being a stockperson is like grocery shopping but backwards

Whoa.

google THIS

King of Bees posted:

(Walking backwards through the store late at night pulling a giant pallet of beer) They'll never suspect a thing…

alnilam

google THIS posted:

(Walking backwards through the store late at night pulling a giant pallet of beer) They'll never suspect a thing…

*properly shelves the beer, then later receives a paycheck* heh works every time :twisted:

Finger Prince

alnilam posted:

*properly shelves the beer, then later receives a paycheck* heh works every time :twisted:

*Spends paycheck on beer* it's like free beer!

google THIS

Finger Prince posted:

*Spends paycheck on beer* it's like free beer!

*several years/beers later* Wait a minute, what Sisyphean hell is this?

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

google THIS posted:

*several years/beers later* Wait a minute, what Sisyphean hell is this?

e: retail is a greek tragedy

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 9, 2019

Nosfereefer

alnilam posted:

perfect crime

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Nosfereefer posted:

e: retail is a greek tragedy

Pewdiepie

BrownianMotion posted:

pace the aisles like a madman and see the strawberry fig newtons on sale and go "i;m getting those, i am Going To Purchase The Fig Newtons"

Adulting like a boss.

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Always buy the Tim Tams.

gleebster

Only a howler
Grocery carts are a double-edged sword. They let us gather more than we could carry in your arms, but when everyone has one, we're all getting in each other's way. Get a cart, but don't push it around everywhere like a dolt. Take it to produce and park it in front of the organic lettuce. Slip through the crowds like a breeze, picking out fruits and vegetables and taking them back to your cart. Then, if you need canned tomatoes or rice or something, push your cart along to the large section near those narrow aisles. This time park it in front of the frozen cod chest or the end display of tortillas. Walk down the aisles, grabbing cans and bags and fig newtons, taking them back to your cart when your arms are full. Finally, if you need frozen stuff or dairy, park your cart at the end of the frozen section, near the display of on-sale ice cream novelties. Get your butter and eggs and bring them to your cart. Now you're ready to check out. Slip your cart behind someone shopping with a cute kid who you make silly faces at until it's your turn. Now you're done and never had to stare at anyone in exasperation because they were in your way.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

gleebster posted:

Now you're done and never had to stare at anyone in exasperation because they were in your way.
This is a great method in some places, but lol if you think people getting in the way is because you have a cart. You've obviously never been in a bay-area crowded grocery store.

The solution to people blocking aisles so tightly that an ant could barely squeeze through is the opposite, you always push your cart everywhere; start by filling it with heavy items like several bags of cat litter or garden-dirt, then simply don't stop for any obstructions.

xcheopis

roomforthetuna posted:

This is a great method in some places, but lol if you think people getting in the way is because you have a cart. You've obviously never been in a bay-area crowded grocery store.

The solution to people blocking aisles so tightly that an ant could barely squeeze through is the opposite, you always push your cart everywhere; start by filling it with heavy items like several bags of cat litter or garden-dirt, then simply don't stop for any obstructions.

I trained in Berkeley Bowl.

pixaal

gleebster posted:

Grocery carts are a double-edged sword. They let us gather more than we could carry in your arms, but when everyone has one, we're all getting in each other's way. Get a cart, but don't push it around everywhere like a dolt. Take it to produce and park it in front of the organic lettuce. Slip through the crowds like a breeze, picking out fruits and vegetables and taking them back to your cart. Then, if you need canned tomatoes or rice or something, push your cart along to the large section near those narrow aisles. This time park it in front of the frozen cod chest or the end display of tortillas. Walk down the aisles, grabbing cans and bags and fig newtons, taking them back to your cart when your arms are full. Finally, if you need frozen stuff or dairy, park your cart at the end of the frozen section, near the display of on-sale ice cream novelties. Get your butter and eggs and bring them to your cart. Now you're ready to check out. Slip your cart behind someone shopping with a cute kid who you make silly faces at until it's your turn. Now you're done and never had to stare at anyone in exasperation because they were in your way.

People just steal form your cart here if you do that, you end up coming home missing stuff you know you grabbed because some lazy rear end in a top hat didn't want to search for it themselves and saw an unguarded cart.

Goons Are Gifts

It's recommended to go shopping during unholy times of the day to avoid medieval warfare over shopping carts, at least if your country/city/store allows it.
Personally I enjoy shopping at 23 on a Wednesday and I have the store for myself. They usually fill up the gaps before they close up (at 0 in this case) , so I can also enjoy the full luxury of a packed store shelf. No one to steal from my cart, no one to crash into and sometimes the then-tired workers can enjoy some nice talk with you, as they are more or less done with the hard working stuff.

It feels weird at first, but if you have the time for that, it turns out powerful!

sugarstarshower
Fig Newtons are made in my town so I just go straight to the source. They don't have cool attractions like Hershey does but sometimes I get to dip my fingers in a batch of filling and get free fancy fruity flavorful nails. When I'm hungry I nibble on my fingers and enjoy nicely marinated cuticles made with authentic Fig Newtons filling. Finger licking good!

Nosfereefer

my grocery shopping secret is that i cut the middle man

literally. the delivery driver is now consistently leaving tribute on his way to the store, as well as very scarred

King of Bees
The secret is to always carry a pickaxe to mine store's paydirt for the deep bargains.

alnilam

King of Bees posted:

The secret is to always carry a pickaxe to mine store's paydirt for the deep bargains.

Reaching around shoulders-deep in a top loading freezer case, scoffing at the normies who made off satisfied with the surface level deals

Good Sphere

My strategy is to act like a grocery store inside a grocery store. That way, people in the store buy groceries and then go inside me with their groceries.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Instead of going to a grocer, go to a less-gross, for a more pleasant experience.

Goons Are Gifts

Just farm everything yourself. I already have a great sausage tree in my backyard!

Nosfereefer

our own greed and hubris finally got the best of us. we managed to slash prices like no one had ever done before. or ever again... and for what? we worked endlessly to create the best bargains, the highest applicability of coupons, we dug deeper and deeper for the perfect price.

we dug too deep.

we dug too greedy.

in the deepest depths of retail, there are secrets mankind was never meant to know. beings beyond our feeble mortal comprehensions.

this place is not a place of honor, no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here, nothing valued is here

space for lease

alnilam

Nosfereefer posted:

we dug too deep.

we dug too greedy.

Deals. Deals in the deep. Every day now the president's day sales event shoppers gather more ads and coupons.
They are coming. They are here.

Finger Prince

There are older and fouler things than bargain hunters in the deep places of the world.

Finger Prince

Far, far below the deepest delving of the goons, the deals are churned by nameless things. Even Coupons knows them not.

pixaal

Finger Prince posted:

Far, far below the deepest delving of the goons, the deals are churned by nameless things. Even Coupons knows them not.

talking about Q-pawns?

sig by owlhawk911

Tebulot

im hip now bois

There are no regular checkouts anymore where I live, it's all self serve. This is okay when I'm buying like 3 things, but when I have a lot, I remember that the company is adding the cost of the fired workers to their coffers and nothing is cheaper, so I say I have a half celery when I buy a full one.

I also put the expensive apples as the cheap ones.

Sometimes I pocket some ginger.

remember, supermarkets artificially inflate the cost of everything to offset the cost of shoplifting, so if you don't shoplift then they're stealing from you.

ive never had fig newtons what are they

Tebulot fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 27, 2019

sb hermit

Tebulot posted:

ive never had fig newtons what are they

I can tell you what they’re not

cookies

and um...

King of Bees
My only grocery store is nature and the only thing I'm buying is deer ticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

beaten, bloodied, cut to the bone, your lululemon sodden with the blood of your enemies, you roll your cart toward your ultimate destiny: the canned corn.

an even darker battle rages within you than the one you just finished, though: creamed or kernel? Green Giant or store brand? your guts churn and lurch with anxiety, and the weight of your decisions as yet to be made, as you slowly approach the display. a shuffling behind you startles you, and reflexively, without looking, you swing your tori burch bag, covered in studs like a flail, bludgeoning to death the remaining living soul in the grocery aisles: a young man scrabbling for the scraps of Jack Links Prime Cuts Beef Jerky, Teriyaki, 3/$9. you leg sweep the bloodied, half-crushed corpse out of your way, scooping up the teriyaki morsels for your own, because you are a shopper. you are a warrior. you will win this fight. you will make the corn chowder. your family will thank you for not feeding them other shoppers for a change.

you are a midwestern mom. you have earned your battle scars. you will earn their respect with your tater tot hot dish and your gravy-covered meat pucks.